Lady Member
Reaction score
I guess my question will be ignored....

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, question!

We want the reading of the heat it's melted at? Or, do we want to temp the melted hormone?

Would it be easier to melt, and the point a laser gun at it? And by laser gun, I mean a temperature gun infrared‎
Infrared guns are inaccurate unless measure solids. In this case you want a calibrated bi-metallic stem thermometer or a thermocouple. And yes you want the temp of the hormone when melted

Mrs.IH88

Lady Member
Reaction score
Thank you POB!! I know they're inaccurate, because we've tried that. We'll have to get one of those then.

Reaction score
Using the oven for melting point testing isnt the best method imo.
For compounds that don't have a extremely high melting point I use my method.
Make a small tin foil boat about the size of your thumb. Put a tiny bit of powder in it.
Fill a pot with a couple inches of oil. Set the foil boat in it while very slowly heating on the stove. Use a thermometer stirring stick to slowly stir. When it melts just look at the thermometer.
The oil has to be heated slowly to give the thermometer time to react.
I use this method all the time.

J_A

Reaction score
I went ahead and made the investment in a digital hot plate. It's great for a melting point test and doing a heat cycle to sterilize liquids. I've done the research on LabMax and my understanding is, it will detect the presence but not the concentration. That's no indicator of purity, where the melting point give you a better idea.

Before that, it was the density and it's displacement of liquid method. I used a 5ml pipette, a solvent applicable to my compound, and figure the compound density and it displacement of liquid (for example Testosterone Enanthate - Density 1.06g/1g Displaces 0.943mL). Mix compound with an applicable amount of solvent and draw into pipette. 2ml of solvent, 1g of Test E, and pipette should be showing 2.943ml. Hope this helps...

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and made the investment in a digital hot plate. It's great for a melting point test and doing a heat cycle to sterilize liquids. I've done the research on LabMax and my understanding is, it will detect the presence but not the concentration. That's no indicator of purity, where the melting point give you a better idea.

Before that, it was the density and it's displacement of liquid method. I used a 5ml pipette, a solvent applicable to my compound, and figure the compound density and it displacement of liquid (for example Testosterone Enanthate - Density 1.06g/1g Displaces 0.943mL). Mix compound with an applicable amount of solvent and draw into pipette. 2ml of solvent, 1g of Test E, and pipette should be showing 2.943ml. Hope this helps...

Seems like you'll fit in just fine here sir. Welcome.

Canadian muscle

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted.
I believe gc/ms and FDIR to be the most reliable testing procedures

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
*DISCLAIMER - JUST MY OPINION*

Um maybe I'M missing something here and I hope it doesn't come off the wrong way, but WTF? I mean its great that everyone is concerned about what they are actually getting, the potency of said product, and the validity of their source, but doesn't this really just boil down to trust? This isn't exactly regulated, FDA approved, Wallgreens bought product we're discussing here, its as the name states UNDERGROUND LABS! It's the game everyone chooses to play which comes with very real risks and rewards.

To put it into perspective, since this is still considered the "Black Market" (even though most don't see it that way) much in the way narcotics are... If i were a junkie or weekend warrior and I wanted to go and pick up (coke, weed, speed, ex, etc) I'm most definitely not going to go call a dealer, get some product, and have it tested before using it. I would open the bag and slam it, snort it, smoke it, swallow it and wait for the high. This is without knowing where it came from, how it was made, who stepped on it, how it was transported etc... You just do it anyway. If its shit... you get a new dealer.

Again, am I missing something here? Isn't this the game we all play? Just because this is the fitness community doesn't mean the same rules don't apply. If you want to go out and take that extra step to test, fine... but your not a lab and the results are going to be sub par at best. IMO... this should be "tested" in the same way as above. Jab that shit, wait for the results and get bloods done to verify. Trust is validated much in the way street drugs are. A dealer gets recognition when his product is awesome as will a source of UGL or powders.

It is up to you as the consumer to do your due diligence before buying anything in the first place. Luckily we are part of an awesome / one of a kind community here and we have the luxury of leaning on each other for advice, the ability to get help when needed, and most of all trust!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Conan we aren't junkies and there is no comparison of aas to heroin. We aren't dying for a fix and therefore aren't willing to take the level of risk a heroin addict might as evidenced by the number of heroin deaths versus steroid deaths.

The point of all of this is to 1. Make sure your product you are injecting is legit to protect yourself and your wallet. And 2. To out scammers who sell bad products. It keeps everyone honest.

But yes in the end there has to be that level of trust.
Unfortunately there are too many pieces of shit out there.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Conan we aren't junkies and there is no comparison of aas to heroin. We aren't dying for a fix and therefore aren't willing to take the level of risk a heroin addict might as evidenced by the number of heroin deaths versus steroid deaths.

The point of all of this is to 1. Make sure your product you are injecting is legit to protect yourself and your wallet. And 2. To out scammers who sell bad products. It keeps everyone honest.

But yes in the end there has to be that level of trust.
Unfortunately there are too many pieces of shit out there.

I agree, we aren't junkies, and apologies if I was unclear. There are plenty of recreational drug users that only partake a few times out of the year and don't fall into the junkie category either. That being said, they still fall victim to the same issues though.

All I was making reference to is the means at which the product is acquired is still the same. Though test kits exist for both http://www.eztestkits.com/en/ez-testing-kits vs http://www.labmax.ca/products/steroids-and-various-substances-test-kit-case.html I don't think they can get granular enough to provide accurate results.

Do I wish there was a better way... Hell Yeah! The entrepreneur in me sees a gap in the market and an opportunity to capitalize while putting many o' bodybuilders mind's at ease :) Who's in?

strongbow

Elite
Reaction score
............................................................................................................

Last edited:

ForkLift

Reaction score
DIDNT READ THRU THIS HOLE THING BUT U CAN DO THIS VERY CHEAP. JUST GET A HOT PLATE. AND GET ONE OF THOSE TEMPATURE LASER GUNS. yOU JUST POINT THE TEMP THEM GUN(WHATEVER ITS CALLED LOL0 AT THE HOT PLATE AND YOU GET A VERY ACCURATE READING OF THE TEMP.

I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO RREAD THIS ALL SO THIS MAY HAVE BEEN MENTIONED . ITS A CHEAPER WAY THEN BUYING A REAL EXPENSIVE HEATING PLATE.

ForkLift

Reaction score
i went ahead and made the investment in a digital hot plate. It's great for a melting point test and doing a heat cycle to sterilize liquids. I've done the research on labmax and my understanding is, it will detect the presence but not the concentration. That's no indicator of purity, where the melting point give you a better idea.

Before that, it was the density and it's displacement of liquid method. I used a 5ml pipette, a solvent applicable to my compound, and figure the compound density and it displacement of liquid (for example testosterone enanthate - density 1.06g/1g displaces 0.943ml). Mix compound with an applicable amount of solvent and draw into pipette. 2ml of solvent, 1g of test e, and pipette should be showing 2.943ml. Hope this helps...

this is a great idea i have never thought of. To test if u got what u paid for1

strongbow

Elite
Reaction score
.......................................................................................................................

Last edited: