Best filtering methods

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
I'll post a failure so people realize it's going to happen, multiple times. I believe liquid is way more accurate than capsules but capsules do look more professional. So 2.5g winstrol for 100 capsules at 25 mg per cap
Error 1 somehow my math was way off.
Error 2 combining two white powders no matter how much you mix that shit you still truly don't know. So use a different color filler or mix 3 powders, 1 of those powders about same amount but different color as your active ingredient. Cinnamon, turmeric, mustard powder, All sorts of spices or herbs that can be beneficial for the body.
Error 3 having time constraints. This will usually end poorly.
Error 4 wear mask, gloves. Breathing on or near and or mixing has high potential to make a huge mess. It look like I was partying with Escobar shit was everywhere.
I was able to correct my math problem but instead of having 100 at 25 mg. I had 300 @8.333333

Point is we all screw up, no matter how proficient you are. Also not cook your entire product in 1 try. 50 g or less I would do it in one shot above 50g I would break it up. Errors happen, accidents happen

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Knocking over 500 ml of tren a is a mistake lol.

In this day and age, not testing your raws is a major mistake. Purity is all over the place and they mess up by mixing powders together than still sell it. Might think you got NPP but in reality it could be 75% test prop and 25% NPP.

Since this guy doesn't know much he will never be able to tell if his raws are even what he thinks it is.

So for 100 doses at 25mg, 2.5g is only if it's 100%. Purity can be anywhere, let's say it's 95%, now that 25mg is 23.75mg. But more so if you are making 250mg, it's 237.5mg.

Nobody is making accurate doses without knowing the purity, old school way was add 10% to 12% but that will still screw you when a test shows up 85% or lower.

Last edited:

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Ouch 500ml grabbed my sham wow wipe it up and refilter it(for personal use, or lay in it and rub it on like lotion lol
When powders were cheap I used to recrystallize my powders.
It was very time consuming. It would be a multi-day process with crap everywhere. To minimize loss when I filtered for inorganics I kept the filter in case it was to super saturated and some product not in solution was filtered.
When it was time to gather the crystals, I saved the ethanol for next batch since some product still in solution it just was no longer super saturated. Then do the whole process over again. Depending on my mood I could do a dual solvent recrystallization.
Disclaimer for most brewers just over dose. There's a possibility you could lose your entire product trying this, well not entirely true, it usually can be recovered but you would now more likely have to order other equipment, or be really patient. There's also a possibility you used all your product and you have not super saturated. Also You're not going to end up with 100% pure. Realistically 97 to 98%. You will lose a lot of product until you get comfortable with it. now that I'm done typing I realized, I probably made the water muddy. No actually we may get up and coming star reading this and they just might find a special market in redcrystallized. (I'm not insinuating me so please nobody contact me) if anybody has questions make them public and available to all on the forum.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
@SFGiants tried sending you a pm but says I can't. Anyway! Was asking if wanted to do any type of collaboration on some articles to enhance some of the information thats here. And perhaps detail some basics for people that are starting out or want to move past basic brewery. Somebody did a really good job at the beginning of the homebrew putting a lot of information together without shitting on the original person's hard work use some of their recipes with minor tweaks for enhancements. For instance just for fun I made his liquid win recipe. For the beginner it works. I made four adjustments took into account displacement, (original recipe would have had you off by at least 3 ml., Unless you are following the measurements in your graduated cylinder versus the measurements that were written down. I Took into account purity in this case we assumed 95% purity so what that assumption what percent difference is that and how much more powder did I need to add to hypothetically making a hundred. And added strawberry flavoring. Stuff like that

Reaction score
Hi guys, i will repeat my post here because maybe this thread is more appropriate, is about filtration and more people can see it.
A few months ago i was in need of filtering vegetable oil through a luer lock 0..22 filter disk in a syringe, i have a vacuum pump but is was slow as hell.
Maybe is a common solution but i never see anywhere and i was going o build something over complicated and expensive just when i was walking in the shopping mall and i look at this tool and a my 2 neurons make a connection , When you see it is pretty obvious,but you have to think about it.

pistola-de-silicona.jpg

This beauty Can speed up the filtering in syringes. I can use the 50ml ones with no problems but i am sure that with some modification a 100ml one can be used.
If possible you can make a little conical piece in the end so when you start to apply pressure the syringe do not slip away.
To filter thick oil i recommend to press until there is 1-2mm of compressed air up the oil.
With medium pressure it will filter 50ml in less of 2 minutes.
I am thinking in build an apparatus to connect the filter to a glass tube or some sterile tube to make a closed circuit and at same time be able to don't be 2 minutes holding this in vertical position.
I hope this help someone
TIP: DON'T APPLY TO MUCH FORCE, THE PLASTIC CAN BREAK OR THE SYRINGE SLIP!

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Funny man, it ain't rocket science but he ain't ready.
Agreed on that. Wanting to use EO which is a solvent that causes significant inflammation and pip for many people to avoid using solvent is the rational of a person who hasn't learned nearly enough to start brewing and trying to make their own recipes.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Hi guys, i will repeat my post here because maybe this thread is more appropriate, is about filtration and more people can see it.
A few months ago i was in need of filtering vegetable oil through a luer lock 0..22 filter disk in a syringe, i have a vacuum pump but is was slow as hell.
Maybe is a common solution but i never see anywhere and i was going o build something over complicated and expensive just when i was walking in the shopping mall and i look at this tool and a my 2 neurons make a connection , When you see it is pretty obvious,but you have to think about it.

pistola-de-silicona.jpg

This beauty Can speed up the filtering in syringes. I can use the 50ml ones with no problems but i am sure that with some modification a 100ml one can be used.
If possible you can make a little conical piece in the end so when you start to apply pressure the syringe do not slip away.
To filter thick oil i recommend to press until there is 1-2mm of compressed air up the oil.
I am thinking in build an apparatus to connect the filter to a glass tube or some sterile tube to make a closed circuit and at same time be able to don't be 2 minutes holding this in vertical position.
I hope this help someone
That is absolutely a method you could use when using syringe filters. I do it for a small batches 150 ml or less. Never had a problem with the needle coming off due to pressure. Because it's usually used for such small amounts I don't know how beneficial adding more contraption components to it would be, I think that would come down to user preference. I would be cautious contraption components because that would be more components to sterilize and more potential contamination points. I am curious how an electronic calling gun would work compared to a manual.

Reaction score

pistola-de-silicona.jpg

I hope this help someone
I don't think this is a good idea. Filtering happens slow for a reason, forcing it through the filter actively works against your goal of removing impurities. I also agree that you're creating more avenues for contamination. I wouldn't macgyver stuff together just to expedite the process

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Agreed on that. Wanting to use EO which is a solvent that causes significant inflammation and pip for many people to avoid using solvent is the rational of a person who hasn't learned nearly enough to start brewing and trying to make their own recipes.
I feel EO should be used lower than people actually use it at, a 5% to 15% can avoid a lot but many are stuck on 50% to 100%. Now there are exceptions like TNE.

If you got something that needs more BB but it clouds the product as anything above 20% seems to do with Test C, than instead add 5% EQ instead of 25% BB. So if TC 300 needs more help, this is a good option, or just make it 250mg lol. This was just an example.

EO, Mig and MCT all come with a cost with some people.

Reaction score
I don't think this is a good idea. Filtering happens slow for a reason, forcing it through the filter actively works against your goal of removing impurities. I also agree that you're creating more avenues for contamination. I wouldn't macgyver stuff together just to expedite the process
Thanks, that was one of my concerns, to damage or break the filter in micro or macro level.
I don't apply a lot of force, i was inspired in big filtering by pressure machines, but i should check how much pressure can stand my filter.
Can you elaborate about forcing the filtering will allow more impurities to pass? i t.ink hat maybe depends of the filter but i will find some info and i will post here

That is absolutely a method you could use when using syringe filters. I do it for a small batches 150 ml or less. Never had a problem with the needle coming off due to pressure. Because it's usually used for such small amounts I don't know how beneficial adding more contraption components to it would be, I think that would come down to user preference. I would be cautious contraption components because that would be more components to sterilize and more potential contamination points. I am curious how an electronic calling gun would work compared to a manual.
Thanks!
That is the part i am trying to figure out, but i think that a borosilicate tube ,from the filter to a closed Erlenmeyer , would a create a primitive ''closed loop'' system would be easier to sterilize all the parts and then keep the liquid protected from the ambient?

Thanks guys, i think that we can all benefit about this talks!

New Threads