Doc moving me from clomid to TRT…. How to control estrogen?

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Damn. Looks like I’m gonna have to do some searching on low sodium foods and probably cut out some things indefinitely like tuna. I’ll be honest, I’m not great when it comes to carefully calculating sodium intake. I’m not familiar with high sodium foods and low sodium foods. Looks like I’ll need to educate myself with that.
It’s certainly real TRT. I’ve been under the care of a TRT clinic for the last 3/4 months via telemedicine. But they follow DEA guidelines strictly which i suppose is a “good thing”. Obviously I don’t know what kind of dose they would place me on. But hopefully nothing over 125 mg. It sucks since I eventually wanted to have children buuuuut that’s my own fault.
Shit with the way the DEA is about to do testosterone over telemedicine - most people are going to have to go back to underground to get trt or say they are a tranny. Too bad for the DEA that drugs always win. They are only hurting people
no one has sugested outlawing TRT, dont know where you got that.

they are just proposing holding TRT clinics more accountable and making you have at least 1 in person visit with a qualified physician.

Reaction score
The OP has a long storied history of being a hypochondriac and making ridiculous posts. I'm not condoning anything, but I understand exactly why he's catching shit. Do you make it a point to defend people you know nothing about?

You clearly were not done with this, as you decided to end your post with one more jab towards me.

If my post seems one sided, it's because you seem to be doing the vast majority of the instigating, and you're targeting one person depsite at least 2 other people making similar statements. Remove your emotions from the equation and go back and read what people have said; it will read much differently if you're able to do that.

If you can't do that, then to quote you... "Perhaps you should up your AI". 🤷‍♂️
How did you take anything in my post as a jab at you? I made an emotionless observation.
If anyone is acting on emotions, its you with the response above. On top of that you use what you claimed to be an insult to try and insult me. LOL. Ok pal.

Yes, I am done arguing with people trying to say false statements are true.

Can I get one thing straight too? So you don't condone name calling and child like behavior unless in your view the poster deserves to be insulted? Really? Good luck with that philosophy.

In case you missed it, here are some of the civil responses to me in particular:

"Yea no shit. Anyone with half a brain can figure that the fuck out."
"Put me on ignore if you don’t want to read what I write. I’m not doing shit for some “new guy” on the internet."
"You’re a nobody and I’m not agreeing with your “proof”. You don’t understand that estrogen and xyz" :ROFLMAO:

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
How did you take anything in my post as a jab at you? I made an emotionless observation.
If anyone is acting on emotions, its you with the response above. On top of that you use what you claimed to be an insult to try and insult me. LOL. Ok pal.

Yes, I am done arguing with people trying to say false statements are true.

Can I get one thing straight too. So you don't condone name calling and child like behavior unless in your view the poster deserves to be insulted? Really? Good luck with that philosophy.

In case you missed it, here are some of the civil responses to me in particular:

"Yea no shit. Anyone with half a brain can figure that the fuck out."
"Put me on ignore if you don’t want to read what I write. I’m not doing shit for some “new guy” on the internet."
"You’re a nobody and I’m not agreeing with your “proof”. You don’t understand that estrogen and xyz" :ROFLMAO:
You mistook my replies to you as being up for debate. You are continuing to instigate drama, injecting emotion, instead of having a civil debate.

Everyone else already moved on from the initial commentary you condoned, but you keep dragging it out.

Come back and try again in , 2 - 3 weeks.

Reaction score
Continuing instigating, injecting emotion, instead of having a civil debate.

Come back and try again in , 2 weeks.
definitely wasn't a fair trial for that fella. he had much worse shit thrown at him than he threw at anyone.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
definitely wasn't a fair trial for that fella. he had much worse shit thrown at him than he threw at anyone.
Everyone else moved on from cocoh, and this other guy is continuing to drag out the drama. There was 3-4 post directed to Connor, and theres like a page and a half from heavyw8 instigating drama towards everyone else.

It's not a debate, unless you want to be next.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
he didnt say exclusively.

From the study you cited

Also this is a study on oral contraceptives in females, which are processed through the kidneys adding a variable to the equations independent of raised serum levels due to aromatization.
It's an incredibly controlled study. Natural production was suppressed. They were given estrogen and progesterone which yes are contraceptives, and also the exact hormone and an analog for that hormone we are currently talking about and it's effect on water retention.

The pathways for retention are documented and known. You're not affecting your AVP by reducing sodium intake. If you think processing through the kidneys is the source of the elevated AVP despite AVP being produced in the hypothalamus feel free to at least have a hypothesis for that interaction occurring.

You're still going to retain water in a situation with elevated estrogen just like everyone has known literally since the 80s.

Also, since for some reason you're the one guy ever that can't manage a TRT regimen without an AI you can simply test it yourself. Stop taking your AI, control your sodium intake, stay hydrated, and see if you retain water. This isn't some magical thing you can't get yourself some personal experience with like the rest of us have.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
It's an incredibly controlled study. Natural production was suppressed. They were given estrogen and progesterone which yes are contraceptives, and also the exact hormone and an analog for that hormone we are currently talking about and it's effect on water retention.

The pathways for retention are documented and known. You're not affecting your AVP by reducing sodium intake. If you think processing through the kidneys is the source of the elevated AVP despite AVP being produced in the hypothalamus feel free to at least have a hypothesis for that interaction occurring.

You're still going to retain water in a situation with elevated estrogen just like everyone has known literally since the 80s.

Also, since for some reason you're the one guy ever that can't manage a TRT regimen without an AI you can simply test it yourself. Stop taking your AI, control your sodium intake, stay hydrated, and see if you retain water. This isn't some magical thing you can't get yourself some personal experience with like the rest of us have.
ive never once stated estrogen doesnt contribute to water retention. im simply pulling info from the study you provided to push my point that it is far from the only factor, and not directly comparable to our purposes where e2 is elevated through aromatase vs exogenous administration along with progesterone.

Im not even saying managing sodium is the way to properly manage water retention.
Water retention is a multifaceted, complicated bodily function impacted by dozens of variables. Simply saying "youre retaining water because your estrogen is too high" or "prevent water retention by managing your estrogen" not strictly accurate, or true in most cases. its comparable to saying "if you want your car to run, make sure you replace your wipers". Diet, activity level, hydration, kidney function, cortisol levels, electrolyte balance, they are all only small parts of what contributes to "water retention". Estrogen alone plays a minimal role.

there are literally thousands of hypogonadal men taking HRT to put them in the healthy range, that still require an AI. And for reference, i tend to let my e2 run high because, shocker, it doesnt cause noticeable water retention for me. However, I am a high aromatiser that is gyno sensitive, so my management of my e2 to keep it around or lower than 55 on my trt dose is to prevent any more progression on my preexisting pubertal gyno.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with properly managing your estrogen with modern 3rd generation AIs such as aromasin. They have been studies to absolute death and show very very little negative health risks or adverse events.
full text

This dogma of "avoid an AI at all costs" is dated, counterproductive, and not backed by any real legitimate health reasoning. Im not saying you necessarily are part of that dogma, but it ads to the misinformation that AIs are a bad thing.

Reaction score
ive never once stated estrogen doesnt contribute to water retention. im simply pulling info from the study you provided to push my point that it is far from the only factor, and not directly comparable to our purposes where e2 is elevated through aromatase vs exogenous administration along with progesterone.

Im not even saying managing sodium is the way to properly manage water retention.
Water retention is a multifaceted, complicated bodily function impacted by dozens of variables. Simply saying "youre retaining water because your estrogen is too high" or "prevent water retention by managing your estrogen" not strictly accurate, or true in most cases. its comparable to saying "if you want your car to run, make sure you replace your wipers". Diet, activity level, hydration, kidney function, cortisol levels, electrolyte balance, they are all only small parts of what contributes to "water retention". Estrogen alone plays a minimal role.

there are literally thousands of hypogonadal men taking HRT to put them in the healthy range, that still require an AI. And for reference, i tend to let my e2 run high because, shocker, it doesnt cause noticeable water retention for me. However, I am a high aromatiser that is gyno sensitive, so my management of my e2 to keep it around or lower than 55 on my trt dose is to prevent any more progression on my preexisting pubertal gyno.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with properly managing your estrogen with modern 3rd generation AIs such as aromasin. They have been studies to absolute death and show very very little negative health risks or adverse events.
full text

This dogma of "avoid an AI at all costs" is dated, counterproductive, and not backed by any real legitimate health reasoning. Im not saying you necessarily are part of that dogma, but it ads to the misinformation that AIs are a bad thing.
Thank you. @69nites believes I’m the anti-Christ somehow sent from MESO to destroy this forum so he pretends to have me on ignore and won’t engage directly. Hence his passive-aggressive “ridiculous” comment. Your discussion was conveying the same thing I was trying to convey. Estrogen and sodium are merely links in the chain with a few other links that if one link is missing there’s no water retention as it all gets interrupted.

Once again, there are MANY guys that have e2 values above 80-100 and do not experience any water retention. The mere presence of elevated e2 does not result in bloating or any edema like symptoms.

buck

Reaction score
Thank you. @69nites believes I’m the anti-Christ somehow sent from MESO to destroy this forum so he pretends to have me on ignore and won’t engage directly. Hence his passive-aggressive “ridiculous” comment. Your discussion was conveying the same thing I was trying to convey. Estrogen and sodium are merely links in the chain with a few other links that if one link is missing there’s no water retention as it all gets interrupted.

Once again, there are MANY guys that have e2 values above 80-100 and do not experience any water retention. The mere presence of elevated e2 does not result in bloating or any edema like symptoms.
Just had my hormones' checked my T was over 1500 and my E2 was 116. As i was on .5mg anastrozole 2x week. And doing 200mg T micro dosed daily. No water retention. And the only down sided is people/world is more irritating but many things can bring that symptom on.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Good god. Lifter is such a little bitch….

Post in thread 'Medically prescribed TRT. How to prevent “moon face”'
https://thinksteroids.com/community...w-to-prevent-moon-face.134415886/post-3103453

Literally obsessed with me.
He's obsessed with any place that's perma-banned him.

He also thinks I fear you, and am in cahoots with you to protect you instead of "standing against those who would oppress others" and a number of other things he rants about.

For someone who has moved on, he sure likes to stalk people on this board. He even says people are being treated like shit, despite the fact that this is probably the most people have gotten along with each other in a long time.

Typical lifter being lifter 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Reaction score
He's obsessed with any place that's perma-banned him.

He also thinks I fear you, and am in cahoots with you to protect you instead of "standing against those who would oppress others" and a number of other things he rants about.

For someone who has moved on, he sure likes to stalk people on this board. He even says people are being treated like shit, despite the fact that this is probably the most people have gotten along with each other in a long time.

Typical lifter being lifter 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Lifter leaves and everyone gets along. Hmmm… I think I’ve seen that on other forums before too. 🤣

Don’t forget that I’m “pilfering members from this forum” so it makes total sense that a moderator would be in cahoots and protecting me. 🤷‍♂️

Welp, off for a few drinks before shooting up my kids with steroids.

Reaction score
Long time no see. As many of you know, I went off steroids almost a year ago to try and recover myself. 2 months ago I was prescribed enclomophine dosed at 12.5 mg everyday. With my follow up bloodwork my levels read as the following

TT- 267 ng/dl (horrible)
Free T- 7.3 (even worse)
LH- 5.4
FSH- 1.9
Sadly, it seems as though my testicles no longer work and the doc thinks I need to go on full blown trt to get me to an optimal range. Just as a last ditch effort, I requested to try 3 more months of the enclomophine at 25 mg along with adding in Tonkga Ali and Fadogia Agrestis to maybe help push the needle

I’ve been able to stay pretty lean while off and my face has never looked better. I don’t look like a bloated slob. However, if I am required to go on TRT, I fear of that “fat moon face” making an ugly return. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lower estrogen/ control moon face? An AI can be included in my prescription but I just hear a lot of bad things about using AI’s. Hopefully someone can help.
I had a similar problem when I went off for 5 months trying to recover natural test. Test and fsh were in the basement. I gave up on that idea.

Controlling e2 is the easy part start with a low dose ai and work your way up if e2 is high, which really shouldn't be much of a problem with trt. You are much more likely to crash. Just get regular bw and adjust accordingly.

Trt is going to work much better for you than what you have been doing. I tried clomid for a couple months with very little improvement.

New Threads