First cycle log 500mg test e (reposted)

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Very valid question lol.

Was bulking for 7 weeks before my cycle, usually switch it every 10-12 weeks. Going to cut till I drop a few %s, then go back to bulking.
no offense but that's kind of a dumb plan. All you'll do is spin your wheels. You could have just eaten a few hundred calories less, gained more lean mass and less fat, and stayed in a bulk the entire time.

Even accounting for some water weight, if you put on 25lbs in 5 weeks then you are eating in a far greater surplus than 500 calories.

Added bonus is I hear I'll still be able to gain strength/mass on the cut, so I'm excited to try that out. Very different from the process off cycle
how do you gain mass on a cut if you are taking in fewer calories than you're expending? That question is rhetorical...

Reaction score
Well I'm extremely offended. /s

They say don't believe everything you read on the internet, so I'll assume that's applying here. I'm skeptical of it as well, that's why I'm excited to test it out.

It's false then? No strength or mass gains for on-cycle cuts? I can't say I'm surprised but I definitely had my hopes up lol

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Well I'm extremely offended. /s

They say don't believe everything you read on the internet, so I'll assume that's applying here. I'm skeptical of it as well, that's why I'm excited to test it out.

It's false then? No strength or mass gains for on-cycle cuts? I can't say I'm surprised but I definitely had my hopes up lol
again, how do you gain mass on a cut when you aren't eating enough to put on said mass.

You need material to build tissue... in a deficit you are denying yourself that.

The only people who might be able to do it are fat/obese people, but that's because they carry all the surplus they need directly on their body. You don't have enough fat to be part of that demographic.

You can gain strength for a little while, but eventually your strength will fall on its face for the exact same reasons.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
what? Bulk for only 5 weeks and then immediately cut for weeks 6 - 20.

Please make that make sense... what is the point?
Just in my opinion why does anyone bulk at all. You just have to cut afterwards. Unless you competed at 5% or under and need to get back into a safer range. Just my opinion. I like 10% year round. Give or take.
But we all do things our own way.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Just in my opinion why does anyone bulk at all. You just have to cut afterwards. Unless you competed at 5% or under and need to get back into a safer range. Just my opinion. I like 10% year round. Give or take.
you need a surplus to gain mass/lean tissue. Whether you are in a 300 calorie surplus, or a 1000 calorie surplus, they're both considered a bulk.

Not all of us are at our goal weights... some of us still need to put on size. 🤷‍♂️

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
not arguing just asking.

if the trainee starts at 160lbs and is now 220lbs is that possible if he never purposely overeats and stays 10% year round?

Reaction score

again, how do you gain mass on a cut when you aren't eating enough to put on said mass.

You need material to build tissue... in a deficit you are denying yourself that.

The only people who might be able to do it are fat/obese people, but that's because they carry all the surplus they need directly on their body. You don't have enough fat to be part of that demographic.

You can gain strength for a little while, but eventually your strength will fall on its face for the exact same reasons.
That makes more sense. I appreciate the education. So I give up on the notion I can put on more muscle, and temper my expectations on the strength gains.

To be honest I'll be happy to do anything more than maintain on a cut though. Still better than before

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
you need a surplus to gain mass/lean tissue. Whether you are in a 300 calorie surplus, or a 1000 calorie surplus, they're both considered a bulk.

Not all of us are at our goal weights... some of us still need to put on size. 🤷‍♂️
Agreed. But what portion of bulkers are just getting heavy and fat thinking it is muscle. You are smart enough to know what you are doing. Sen0 is smarter than the average muscle head for sure.
In my years I've seen too many people thinking they must be getting bigger because they need a bigger belt three times a year.
I say stupid people should do what lee haney did. He kept abs year round and still gained 2 pounds a year at his peek as a pro. That is 20 pounds of just muscle over 5 years. How many bulkers do that.
Not disagreeing. Just saying you know fat from muscle. Most don't.
Don't ban me.

Reaction score
Starting my cut. Going on a beach vacation in about a month so want to look good for that, also haven't been properly lean since I started working out so I'm looking forward to seeing what's been built so far

350-500 calorie deficit
210-220g protein
250g carbs (~)
50-75g fat
2500-3250 calories p/day

Training schedule staying the same with the exception of adding another cardio session, didn't have a shit ton of volume so I should be fine, will adjust if necessary

Reaction score
Cut update: did closer to 1000 calorie deficit instead of 500, progress was slow and figured I should take advantage of the mass maintenence perks of being on cycle.

Mini cut is now complete, dropped about 10lbs. Abs are a bit more defined and I enjoyed not stuffing my face and breaking the bank for awhile.

Going back to bulking for the remaining 7 weeks on cycle to maximize strength and mass gains, will go back to a heavy cut on cruise to truly admire the results.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a maximum calorie deficit on cycle/TRT before mass and strength start taking a hit? Curious how far I can take the post-cycle cut without losing what I've gained

JeffGoldblumLips

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a maximum calorie deficit on cycle/TRT before mass and strength start taking a hit? Curious how far I can take the post-cycle cut without losing what I've gained
Sounds like individual question.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Figured. Another newbie question:

Does test act similar to other medications in the sense that the heavier you are the higher of a dose you need to get the same levels

Heavier, as in more muscle mass, then yes. If the extra weight is fat, then no.

But it's not that much, not worth thinking about initially. If you ever get to the point where you need more, you'll know. And congratulations, because then you've done something right.

Reaction score
1000012205.jpg
Lab results finally came in

Would appreciate input on how my levels measure against others on similar cycles

New Threads