Help me transform 📈

Reaction score
Well you're trying to gain weight, right? If so, don't overdo any cardio. It burns quite a bit of Cals.

That being said, you have a minimum threshold you need to maintain, both for military and health purposes.

I'd say 30 mins twice per week of whatever modality you like, hiking, rucking, biking, jogging, whatever, should be enough. You'd know better than I would though if your cardio endurance is faltering.
I’m actually trying to reduce BF right now. Working hard to sustain my skeletal muscle mass but would like to drop down to 12-15% BF. More so to prove that I can, and to see what I’m like lean. I feel as though I’ve had a spare tire of fat hanging around the last few years, but COVID and antidepressants gave me a courtesy 20lbs in 2020.

Reaction score

bowl of oats with eggs or an evening meal w/ protein and rice, potato, sweet potato, cream of rice.

I don't supplement fiber.
Awesome. Well again, thank you for all the help and advice! I’ll keep you posted as I follow this plan

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I’m actually trying to reduce BF right now. Working hard to sustain my skeletal muscle mass but would like to drop down to 12-15% BF. More so to prove that I can, and to see what I’m like lean. I feel as though I’ve had a spare tire of fat hanging around the last few years, but COVID and antidepressants gave me a courtesy 20lbs in 2020.
You GAIN about 10 lbs of muscle, you're right there at about 15% bf.

Let me ask you a question... Which of the 2 options do you think that you'll look better?

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m really looking for some good advice to start something new. I’ve been at a plateau recently at 180ish lbs. I have a local body scanner which placed me at 18.6% BF (I was wrong in my first post). Ive attached some body pics and MyFitnessPal Macro tracker of what my average day looks like. The calorie goal is 2700ish a day. I calculated each LB of my current weight by 18 and subtracted 1000 for an intense deficit. I take antidepressants (multiple) and it seems very hard to lose weight since being on them.
I’m really working hard to build muscle but don’t want to gain BF at the same time. I don’t drink, smoke, or use energy drinks. I drink between 1-1.5 gals of water a day.
I’m reevaluating my goals. I need some help. I want to lose this body fat so desperately so I can build back up from there. Tips? Hints? Guidance?
im really tired of eating so much fats each day (eating half blocks of cream cheese, spoons of olive oil, etc..) to try and hit my goals. Also looking into it and long term high fats seem bad for the internal pipes of our bodies.
Cheers 🥂
Am I missing something or are you eating no fruits and vegetables?

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in saying I like @eazy's diet plan. But I'd throw in some spinach, green beans, and broccoli in there.

Reaction score
You GAIN about 10 lbs of muscle, you're right there at about 15% bf.

Let me ask you a question... Which of the 2 options do you think that you'll look better?
Well I’d definitely say the 10lbs of muscle

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in saying I like @eazy's diet plan. But I'd throw in some spinach, green beans, and broccoli in there.
Thank you! I enjoy my greens, so how about if I just add in 1 cup or any of those per meal?

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think that's a pretty good idea! I do about 5-6 oz with almost each one of my meals. It can really help you feel more satiated when you're dieting. Also helps with digestions quite a bit.

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty good idea! I do about 5-6 oz with almost each one of my meals. It can really help you feel more satiated when you're dieting. Also helps with digestions quite a bit.
I just got so sick of eating endless amounts of broccoli. How do you keep it interesting?
Light cardio and back off all that fat. Get back to us in 8 weeks.
Less than or equal to what @eazy was recommending above?

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just got so sick of eating endless amounts of broccoli. How do you keep it interesting?
When I am in a pretty big deficit, any 'extra' food is special to me. I don't do anything to spice it up or make it special. I just put it into a glass bowl and microwave it.

I do put hot sauce, and some G.Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce on my food though.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
There sure is a crap ton of fat in your diet. Are you following a particular diet model that requires that much fat, or is that you just winging it?

It's easy for the body to store fat, well as fat.. because it doesn't have to go through any metabolic processes to convert it to fat.

Get 1 - 1.5g of protein per lb of body weight. Get about 20% - 30% of your calories from fat; with as much as possible coming from Omega fatty acids... and the backfill the rest with fiberous carbs, with a moderate/conservative amount of starchy carbs mixed in. I personally try to time my starchy carbs pre workout, and post workout.

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m really looking for some good advice to start something new. I’ve been at a plateau recently at 180ish lbs. I have a local body scanner which placed me at 18.6% BF (I was wrong in my first post). Ive attached some body pics and MyFitnessPal Macro tracker of what my average day looks like. The calorie goal is 2700ish a day. I calculated each LB of my current weight by 18 and subtracted 1000 for an intense deficit. I take antidepressants (multiple) and it seems very hard to lose weight since being on them.
I’m really working hard to build muscle but don’t want to gain BF at the same time. I don’t drink, smoke, or use energy drinks. I drink between 1-1.5 gals of water a day.
I’m reevaluating my goals. I need some help. I want to lose this body fat so desperately so I can build back up from there. Tips? Hints? Guidance?
im really tired of eating so much fats each day (eating half blocks of cream cheese, spoons of olive oil, etc..) to try and hit my goals. Also looking into it and long term high fats seem bad for the internal pipes of our bodies.
Cheers 🥂
Hi. The details you posted focused more on your diet. I have no idea what your workout routine is, but here are some tips:
- increase the weight of your lifts
- perform each workout slowly so you make sure you utilize every muscle
- don't forget to squeeze a CARDIO workout in between the week

Reaction score
There sure is a crap ton of fat in your diet. Are you following a particular diet model that requires that much fat, or is that you just winging it?

It's easy for the body to store fat, well as fat.. because it doesn't have to go through any metabolic processes to convert it to fat.

Get 1 - 1.5g of protein per lb of body weight. Get about 20% - 30% of your calories from fat; with as much as possible coming from Omega fatty acids... and the backfill the rest with fiberous carbs, with a moderate/conservative amount of starchy carbs mixed in. I personally try to time my starchy carbs pre workout, and post workout.
I had it in MyFitnessPal but realized it was too high recently. Mostly winging it to try something new.
Thanks to everyone that contributed on this!! I’ll keep y’all posted on what is to come!

Reaction score
Status update 9/5:
Noticing muscle gain (finally) with the higher protein diet that was suggested by a few of you on this post. Thanks 😁

Though I’m watching the BF% go down (was 17.6% a month before this update), I’m having a hard time with some stubborn fat on my pecs and chin.

16.6%BF
187lbs
2D9A238D-A2C3-414F-8C94-6D666ADE20A5.jpeg

Reaction score
bottom line question: should I be increasing my intakes? Is this supplement truly that powerful? What do you think of this stack?

Alright all, I started taking these about 2 weeks ago. I have enough for an 8 week cycle (recommendation of a friend). I noticed more intense pumps with starting them, but also ran into what I think was dehydration. I was in Texas (ambient temps of satans asshole), and drank about 1-1.5 gallons a day.
I was taking preworkout, bcaa, mass gainer shake x2/day, and these supplements. I went and had my BP taken the next day and was rocking 96/49. Later that day it was 150/67 (stressssssss). I’m otherwise perfectly healthy with no Hx of bp issues in my mid 20’s.
I should mention that I am consuming 210 protein/65-80g fat/ 200g carbs per day at the advice from someone on my earlier posts. TIA

View attachment 13266

New Threads