Strongman Comps

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Ok guys, got some cool shows coming up, all available for cheap livestream...
This weekend is the Giants Live Deadlift Championship and full comp, couple of guys looking to best the 501kg world record.
You can get that on the Giants Live Facebook I think its $5 or $8.
Icelands Strongest Man is also this weekend, I know it's being Live streamed but I don't know where as of yet.
Next weekend is the Shaw Classic, apparently they're Live streaming that for the 1st time this year, here:

almostgone

Elite
Reaction score
I'm really glad to see strength events gaining popularity again. LOL, I was literally depressed back when IFSA dissolved in....what, roughly 2008-ish?

Also, have a lot of respect for Brian Shaw. Has he made money ?.... probably so, earned every damn penny of it,too. To see him turn around and give back to the sport with the Shaw Classic is just outstanding.

Appreciate the heads-up on the live stream for the Shaw Classic. I was just skimming IG earlier looking to see where I can access it.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I'm really glad to see strength events gaining popularity again. LOL, I was literally depressed back when IFSA dissolved in....what, roughly 2008-ish?

Also, have a lot of respect for Brian Shaw. Has he made money ?.... probably so, earned every damn penny of it,too. To see him turn around and give back to the sport with the Shaw Classic is just outstanding.

Appreciate the heads-up on the live stream for the Shaw Classic. I was just skimming IG earlier looking to see where I can access it.
Shaw seems like a good dude. He has definitely done his part for the sport.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Well, no 505kg today.
Makorav got it to his knees, same as last year, no lift.
Rauno Heinla, who is in his 40s, pulled the best left at 476kg.
Pavlo from Ukraine won the comp, Hooper in 2nd and the Novikov in 3rd.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Shaw seems to be doing very well, multiple new houses, new gym built every year it seems. (New one just completed). His Shaw Classic is next weekend. I signed up to his "Shaw-Club" or whatever its called, just for the month, so I can view it, then you can cancel it (it was like 7.99 or something minor)... Very good comp last year, this year should be no different. Watched the Giants-Live yesterday (4.99) a good deal. Strongman is the biggest its ever been large arena's sold out, etc. Its good to see...

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Well, the Shaw Classic did not disappoint!
Trey Mitchell reclaimed his title... what a beast!
Shaw in 2nd... very impressive
Hooper in 3rd... where the fuck did this guy come from????

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
Hooper 2023 WSM champ???

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Hooper 2023 WSM champ???
Too soon I'd say, maybe in 2-3 years.
If Trey can replicate his performance here he's gonna be a threat. If we get a 100% Evan Singleton for once I honestly think he could take the title. I do believe that Brian Shaw shouldn't be counted out, same with Novikov.
Don't forget Pavlo is now qualified and that dude could really surprise some people.
So many amazing guys, it really makes it a lot more interesting cause it's hard to say who's going to win now!
I left Tom Stoltman out because it goes without saying that he is the frontrunner.

Trendkill

Reaction score
I can’t stand Evan Singleton. All talk and no action.

Don’t forget about Licis either. If Trey can get his conditioning up he could win

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I can’t stand Evan Singleton. All talk and no action.

Don’t forget about Licis either. If Trey can get his conditioning up he could win
Man how did I leave out Licis??? Have you been watching his "Strngth Unknown" series? Pretty cool.
I disagree about Evan.. He was on a role man, just had some issues the last couple shows. He has major potential imo.

Trendkill

Reaction score
Man how did I leave out Licis??? Have you been watching his "Strngth Unknown" series? Pretty cool.
I disagree about Evan.. He was on a role man, just had some issues the last couple shows. He has major potential imo.
I haven't seen Strength Unknown. Is that where he chronicles all his travels?

almostgone

Elite
Reaction score
Caught a good bit of the strength events on the live streams of the Arnold Classic.

Enjoyed it and it's great to see there's still an audience that appreciate the strength aspect.

Several new names on the roster.

Reaction score
This was a first watch for me years after, need to stay on top of this now

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
FYI 2023 WSM started yesterday. Lots of videos and results online. Not sure if anyone here even lifts anymore, I know teddybear does a crossfit routine to stay boyish that's about it. Cheers.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
FYI 2023 WSM started yesterday. Lots of videos and results online. Not sure if anyone here even lifts anymore, I know teddybear does a crossfit routine to stay boyish that's about it. Cheers.
Brian smoked the deadlift machine , holy shit what a great showing.

New Threads