How do I get rid of DOMS, quick..

Reaction score
I went too hard, after being away from the gym for a while and now I have doms.

How do I get rid of it quick? Tips, tricks?
Thanks!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Water, glutamine. No real "instant" cure though. Anti-inflammatory will help mask the symptoms.

Reaction score
How to get rid of DOMS quick?

I went too hard, after being away from the gym for a while and now I have doms.

How do I get rid of it quick? Tips, tricks?
Thanks!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Relish it... You earned it.

Other wise there are a variety of methods

Epsom salt bath - hot as hell, 2 cups of salt and soak for a while
Ice Bath - Buy about 5 bags of ice, hop in the tub and start slowly adding the ice. Soak for 10 minutes
Car buffer - hit walmart and buy a car buffer with a 6 inch disc. Use it to massage the sore muscles.
Stretching the sore muscles may help but in some cases may make it worse. So will foam rolling.
Don't sit still. Moving around and using the sore muscle will keep the blood flowing in and the cellular debris flushing out through the lymphatic system. Electrostimulation will do this passively.

For the future, cut your volume down a bit for a few weeks. Every week or two add another set until you are at an appropriate volume.

Use dynamic stretching and foam rolling prior to training.

Eat up

Get plenty of rest

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I'm merging your two threads OP. In the future there's no need to make multiple threads on the same topic.

Deidre

Lady Member
Reaction score
Something that's helped me with lessening the frequency of doms, is by having an ''active'' recovery day included in my weekly routine. Has helped tremendously, and I didn't make the connection until I started seeing doms lessen, as I increased weight with certain lifts, on a weekly basis. Also, from a supp standpoint, magnesium and calcium are good for lessening cramping, and doms, in general. Not a quick fix, but taken daily can alleviate the severity of doms over time.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Something that's helped me with lessening the frequency of doms, is by having an ''active'' recovery day included in my weekly routine. Has helped tremendously, and I didn't make the connection until I started seeing doms lessen, as I increased weight with certain lifts, on a weekly basis. Also, from a supp standpoint, magnesium and calcium are good for lessening cramping, and doms, in general. Not a quick fix, but taken daily can alleviate the severity of doms over time.

Could have just as easily been due to the increased weight :)

Deidre

Lady Member
Reaction score
Could have just as easily been due to the increased weight :)

lol maybe.

Think people also think that if they're not experiencing doms on a continuous basis, they're not '''working hard enough.'' DOMS isn't an indicator of hard work, necessarily. I used to think so moons ago, though. lol

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
lol maybe.

Think people also think that if they're not experiencing doms on a continuous basis, they're not '''working hard enough.'' DOMS isn't an indicator of hard work, necessarily. I used to think so moons ago, though. lol

I happen to agree. DOMS is an indication of a lack of adaptation or dis-adaptation to the eccentric part of the lift. Whether you get it or not has no bearing on how efficient you training is :)

New Threads