Different PCT times

ERandICU-RN

Reaction score
I'm laying here in bed before I go to work tonight, and I can't stop thinking about my cycle comin up lol. Anyway I was going thru it in my mind and I came up with an interesting question... Lets say a normal pct after 500mg/week test e is two weeks after last inject. Wouldn't having 1 g of test/week require a longer time between last inject and pct?

My train of thought on this is half-life is defined by how long it takes half of a drug to leave your body. Well one half on 1 g is 500mg, so technically should pct happen 3 weeks after last inject with 1 g??? I don't think I've ever read anything about this

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The half-life should always be used to calculate PCT. If you're on one gram a week of test for 10-16 weeks, and you want to PCT, it's going to be longer then 3 weeks before you're ready for SERMS. I will post up some more info later when I have time.

The usual 2 week rule is the old school way of doing things, and it's wrong. Even at 500mg a week of Test C or E, you won't necessarily be ready for SERMS after 2 weeks. You might be, but if you start SERMS early, PCT will fail.

Look up Dr. Scally. He's a good authority on that stuff. He has said in his practice - before his license got yanked in a political hatchet job, the most common reason for failed PCT was improper timing of SERMS.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
The half-life should always be used to calculate PCT. If you're on one gram a week of test for 10-16 weeks, and you want to PCT, it's going to be longer then 3 weeks before you're ready for SERMS. I will post up some more info later when I have time.

The usual 2 week rule is the old school way of doing things, and it's wrong. Even at 500mg a week of Test C or E, you won't necessarily be ready for SERMS after 2 weeks. You might be, but if you start SERMS early, PCT will fail.

Look up Dr. Scally. He's a good authority on that stuff. He has said in his practice - before his license got yanked in a political hatchet job, the most common reason for failed PCT was improper timing of SERMS.

Didn't you have a copy of Anabolics too? Llewellyn goes into some detail about this. Can't get it now but I can cite it later

Reaction score
RN if you plan running a gram and want to be safe about it, there's no other definitive proof than a $50 blood test. Considering its E or C and you have waited 2-3 weeks, you will be close enuf to gauge your start from that far out.
If you opt for the usual wait method, I dont see anything wrong with 2 weeks. Nor do I see anything wrong with 3. Wouldn't go more than that or less either way. If you worry a lot, wait 3 and start PCT. Worst thing you can do going into PCT is having a negative mind frame on what you think is gonna happen. That or your clomid is bunk lol

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I do, but it's in my garage collecting dust at the moment. I will dig it out in the spring. Dr. Scally put out a chart type thing with half-lifes and how long hormones take to clear. I will try to find it. It will blow you're mind how long Nandrolone stays in your system. That's why even with NPP, you should stop any nand at least a month before you stop your test. Better safe then sorry.

Anyways, if you're a cycler and not a B&C guy, planning your PCT is more important then the cycle IMO. If you mess up your PCT, your gains and then some will disappear when you come off.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Nice link Trini. Saved me some number crunching.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The time period you wait will be dose dependant because its ALL about half lives!

Youll want to wait for your levels to be below supra-levels before starting PCT

2 weeks is not a enough time for a enth or cyp to clear. Personally, Ill wait 2 weeks when I use prop...3-4 weeks on cyp, and a gram of cyp? Shit Id probably wait close to 6 weeks

Last edited:

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So how does this effect the usage of hcg in your pct protocol? Is a normal blast the same, 500 a day starting after last injection for 10 days?

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
So how does this effect the usage of hcg in your pct protocol? Is a normal blast the same, 500 a day starting after last injection for 10 days?

I wouldn't use HCG during PCT. I'd use it on cycle instead.

shenky

Reaction score
According to that calculator, I should wait a whopping 5 weeks before I start PCT on 500mg test / 500 deca, even after stopping deca 2 weeks prior to test

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use HCG during PCT. I'd use it on cycle instead.
Doc, I've never tried it on cycle, although I know you can. But since I just ended my cycle and started a hcg blast 4 days ago, with it saying I should start pct 27 days from last shot, how do I go about my hcg blast now?

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Doc, I've never tried it on cycle, although I know you can. But since I just ended my cycle and started a hcg blast 4 days ago, with it saying I should start pct 27 days from last shot, how do I go about my hcg blast now?

Rise, I still wouldn't blast it in your case. It can cause intra-testicular aromatization, systemic estrogen spikes, etc. I'd go more with 250-350iu EOD from your last pin up until about 3-4days before beginning PCT. You don't want to use HCG during PCT bc HCG is suppressive which contradicts your attempt at recovery.

What did your cycle consist of? Dosages, length, compounds?

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test e and tren e, 3 months at 600 for test 400 for tren a wk. Stopped tren couple wks before test.

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Test e and tren e, 3 months at 600 for test 400 for tren a wk. Stopped tren couple wks before test.

Assuming the test is correctly dosed you could start your PCT about 14days after last pin. If you want to give it a couple extra days to make sure enough has been excreted that's fine also. Run your HCG at mild doses EOD until a few days before you start SERM treatment. Up until you begin SERM's make sure to keep taking your AI as HCG will increase E2.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's what my pct always looks like since I only take enanthates, but I'll lower my dose of hcg and see what happens. Thanks bro.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
That's what my pct always looks like since I only take enanthates, but I'll lower my dose of hcg and see what happens. Thanks bro.

You're welcome brother. Just remember that higher or lower dosages would require more or less time. Keep us posted with your recovery and don't forget blood work lol

New Threads