Living with a female IFBB Pro, from a man's perspective

meat

Reaction score
Ok Jenner, I'll give it my best shot. Below is my experience with a gf who was an IFBB Pro. No, I won't give her name out of respect, and the fact that she has to be "natural," which is a joke. She doesn't read any of the bb boards as she doesn't have time with her job, and everything else she has going on. She and I still talk time to time, and we get along well even though I was the one who broke it off. Maybe you gals can get value from this post as I know she had a female following, as males seem to have a male following. It's one of those "I want that look." Or, "I want something similar," hence the females following females, and males following what males were doing.

Anyhow, we met at the Arnold Classic expo as I knew she lived 30 miles from me, and introduced myself. I was an NPC National competitor, and she had jus gotten her pro card. We got along well over the weekend, and yes, our first date was me driving to meet her at her gym to train. Lol! After I showered, and changed, she took me to her house to do the same. No. Nothing out of the way. Lol We ran around all afternoon, and things clicked. She was really cute, but was VERY intimidating due to her size, and the fact that she benches 225 for reps. When she and I walked in her gym, the place seemed to stop. She was the known-freak there, but here I come in, and people watched us train which was strange. And yes, her training damn near kicked my ass!

As for how things were while together, everything she (and I) did revolved around food. Even in her "off season" she ate clean. Instead of eating a pizza, we'd go to subway, and she'd get a turkey salad with extra meat. When we left hers or my house, we always had an insulated bag with pre-prepared food, bottles of water, aminos, etc., As far as her off season, that means she was either cutting for an event, or building mass.

She would lose her abs when building mass, but not by much. When she dialed down to contest-prepped condition, she did it like clockwork, and had wicked abs, vascularity, grainy, huge, and was even more intimidating. I liked her either way, but kinda preferred the way she looked mid cutting cycle.

Foods:
She ate six-eight times a day. Neither her nor I drank protein shakes, creatine, etc., We'd usually prep a week's worth of food on Sunday, and yes, her kitchen would look like a bomb went off in it during. It usually took about three hrs, and We'd have food in containers going in the fridge, and the other half in the freezer to maintain nutrients, and freshness. I can list what we usually ate if you gals want to know.

Training:
She even got me doing this, and no, we didn't over-train
Mon-fri morning weights, followed by evening weights. When cutting, she'd do am cardio, and weights in the evening. Saturday was 45 minutes of abs. And I mean a wicked an training session! I can post the training split if you gals want that too.

Gear:
She used 100mgs test/week, 100mgs deca, and 4iu's gh. Yes, that's it, but those are much higher doses than I've read about you gals here using. Yes, she actually got this stuff prescribed. She has a professional job making good $, and could afford to fly to (I'll leave the state out), to get what she needed. As for cutting, she used 200mgs Primo she got from her gal friends, test prop 50mg/week, T3, and 20mgs var/day with the same gh dose. She dropped the GH six weeks from stage ("thickens the skin"), and dropped the primo and test a month out. It was var from there on, and the week of the show, just var and dyazide.

The good:
She has more trophies than I can count. I used to get her ready for the stage with the jan tan, Pam spray, red wine, Pringles, etc,. I can explain if necessary.

The bad:
She's been training for 22 years. She was natural for more than half that time. I know I'm leaving a ton out, but am brain dead tired. Anyhow:
-voice change. She sounded a little like a "boyish little old lady."
- her chin, and face changed. I have a massive square chin. She has a small squared chin. Lol!
- backne. Yes, she got acne on her back, as well as face. We used numerous topicals to keep it at bay. Ask if curious. Sorry if I'm being lazy.
- facial hair. Yes, she used to tweeze MANY facial hairs, and that was strange seeing.
- yes, she had some hair on her butt cheeks. Yes, she had a nice butt, however, she did start shaving it. I know. That one was tough for me to see...
- clitoral hypertrophy. Yes, even gals who are natural often have this due to getting down to single digit body fat, which causes quite the hormonal change. Guys don't mind this. At least I didn't. I liked her, and accepted her for whatever she had. Her clitoris was quite large. If any of you looked up Denise Masino, hers was actually even a shade larger than Denise's. again, not a prob for me. I'm not shallow enough to not like her for that. The one thing I'll point out is she already had clitoral hypertrophy as a natural. When she added high doses (high IMO), of test, deca, primo, and var, that's what really did something down there.
As for the bedroom, I'll keep it clean, or try. Yes, I liked her, and always "kissed her" where she liked for as long as she wanted as I like doing that. Lol! What I didn't necessarily like was the 5x/day breaking my _____. Yes, mornings, in the SUV after the gym, evenings, wooded areas (lol), and when I was trying to sleep at 0300. When she was on top, it was a little odd when i held her by her shoulders, as they were huge... anyhow, When she was off "the gas," things were more normal if not even a little boring at 3x/week. Lol!
Problem was, when she was on the gas, she couldn't sleep well, and was absolutely so horny, I'd literally look for excuses to go to my own house some evenings. She was always in a good mood when on. When off? Omg!!! Crazier than I can describe! Depressed, lack of energy, happy one minute, then ready to cry the next, and even accuse me of wanting some gym girl, which I NEVER did. I know, I'll lose man points, but I've never strayed while in a relationship. Look on occasion, yes. 1.5g test/week, and 800mgs masteron... Sorry. Lol

I was always on the gas, and didn't have these issues. Yes, I know. Not healthy, but that was that. When she's off, I can tell. When she's on I can tell. And that's me talking to her now over the phone. Her labs were always much "cleaner" than mine. She's still in the game, as a back injury (damned stiff deads + that one time being sloppy), took me out for three years.

Again, I respect her, and will always consider her a friend. Gf? No. Lol! Please no pm's. her identity stays with me. Just wish she'd not be so loony when off as well as on... I am, however, quite proud of her accomplishments, drive, and dedication. I learned from her, as she did from me. When she wasn't breaking dishes, we were great together. Lol! Last, I'd recommend you gals "on the gas" to steer clear of higher doses, and if you do get to the point where you're having sides as above, re-consider your doses/anabolics. She literally NEVER considered any of the sides, and never actually spoke about them. When we celebrated a good event/show, we might have a few drinks, where I'd ask about "down there," and surprisingly, she didn't consider it anything out of the ordinary. After that, neither did I...

I know I've left a ton out, but I'm brain-tired this evening, and apologize in advance. Hope all's well ladies.:)

meat

Reaction score
Wow! I just Re-read my post for grammatical errors, and they're there. Sorry. I can't edit the post. I do have a college edumacation though. LOL

meat

Reaction score
Thanks. Would have been better if my grammar were up to par. I won't be staying up watching Impractical Jokers on TrueTV, then up before the sun. Big no no. I forgot to add, she as well as I ALWAYS strived for 8-9hrs sleep/night no matter how busy our lives. I kinda miss her after typing about how we used to live... Maybe I'll call her this evening. Just to say hi though. Lol!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Meat when you guys split did you find it harder to keep living that BB lifestyle on your own?

And don't worry about your grammer. Pretty sure some of the guys here are illiterate any way *cough* SFG *cough cough*

meat

Reaction score
Meat when you guys split did you find it harder to keep living that BB lifestyle on your own?

And don't worry about your grammer. Pretty sure some of the guys here are illiterate any way *cough* SFG *cough cough*

No, not at all. I stayed in the game. Just avoided her at some events I KNEW we'd both be at. After giving up on trying to "fix her from being loony," I gave up, swallowed my pride, and made up with her. We're still friends today. Just not dating her though. Lol!
And funny. I posted the above comparing her "part" to Denise Masino's, and I find a thread in the red light district where Jenner posted a pic of Denise. Small World! Lol!

meat

Reaction score
Judging from the lack of female responses, looks like I gave TMI in my original post... Oh well. I did speak with my ex gf earlier, and oh yes, she's on. Again... Problem is, so am I, and She wants to come see me Sunday "as friends." Good idea, or not?
I do have a wacky sense of humor. If I take her to my new gym, the cardio queens (thanks Jenner), will probably crawl out the door, and do like the guys in "search for the holy grail, and 'run away!" Lol!!!!

Last edited:

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good read. Yeah its a good idea, hang out with her and whatever happens happens. And leave it at that.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Very interesting! Thank you for sharing.

meat

Reaction score
Thanks hun! Great read, I would like more details on her meals and training please! :)

Is there place I can send the bill for this? Lol! In all candor, I would have thought that the ladies here would have been all over this thread like white on rice. Oh well... I will say, however, that if I had the chance to peer into the "behind closed doors" REAL life of a male IFBB pro back when I was an intermediate, not a National competitor, I would have done back flips. The magazines were a joke, and I knew that even as a green horn; the stuff on-line was a joke as well, as it lacked one MAJOR factor: TRUTH about what it really takes, and what it's really like. Again, I'm just a little surprised, that's all. The following posts will answer your questions, but I'll be rather vague (not on purpose though), as to the routines, and nutrition because it comes down to finding what REALLY works well for each individual in training. As for the nutrition, I don't know stats, so there's no way I can give portion sizes. You'll need to adjust accordingly. i.e., you need scales, as well as a site saved to favorites listing cals, proteins, fats, carbs, etc,. I will say, she and I ate the EXACT same foods, but I weighed much more, meaning I weighed out larger portions, which is common sense.

meat

Reaction score
Training:
When I stayed over at her place, we'd get up at 0500, drink two cups of plain green tea (I bought the raw green tea by the pound from an Asian mkt. Good stuff!)
Get to the gym at 0530, warm up, and get started. One note, this regimen is NOT an all year thing. This was for building mass, and since we both slept a min of 8hrs/night (or tried lol), ate very well, and supplemented hormones, we didn't have an over-training issue. IF over-training was even a hint, the routine was stopped immediately, and it was rest, rest, rest, eat, eat, eat.

AM:
Note, in the AM, the workouts were heavy compound movements with reps in the 3-6 range. Squats, deads, bench, barbell shoulder presses, etc., I'm talking about HEAVY weights in the AM. Your central nervous system will get a jolt. Lol! How many sets, and how many different exercises I can give if necessary.
Monday- Quads
Tuesday- Chest, hams, and calves
Wednesday- Back
Thursday- Shoulders and traps
Friday- Arms
Saturday- 45 minutes very hardcore abs and calves for 25-30 minutes (No PM workout here. This is AM only.) NOTHING the rest of Saturday.
Sunday- Off

PM:
Note, these are the workouts where the "typical" stuff, if you will, is used. Cables, dumbells, etc., for 12-15 reps.
Mon-Friday Same muscle groups, totally different exercises, and lighter weights.

meat

Reaction score
The most important part, FOOD:

I'll give you gals what she ate, and you can adjust accordingly.

Breakfast
6 egg whites, one whole egg
1 cup oatmeal sweetened with Splenda
1 slice rye toast

meal 2.
Grilled chicken breast diced and wrapped in a spinach or tomato wrap. Lettuce, tomato, 1/2 tspn extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar

3. Lean seasoned ground beef with mushroom sauce, tomato sauce, etc.,
Green beans with garlic powder
Red potatoes

4. Lean turkey wrap with slice Swiss cheese, turkey bacon, shredded lettuce wrapped in a spinach wrap or tomato wrap

5. Lean fish (or lean ground beef, which alternates) with brown rice, beans, and mixed vegetables

6. Tomato wrap with chopped lean pork or chicken, fresh cabbage, sweet (low cal) sauce and red peppers

Ok, that was a sample cutting plan. It changes as she gets closer to the stage, but this is an example of where it started. The good part is if you want to build mass, SIMPLY add more carbs. Yes, it's that simple. I'll post more, as My Son's standing over me wanting to go somewhere. lol! I'll send you gals an invoice. Lol!

Last edited:

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds like a rough life.. now I kno how my girl feels..lol says all I do is live for bb..

meat

Reaction score
Thanks Nble, and Jyoung. It's such a lifestyle that's SO different than anything 99.998% of the people can understand, but has it's rewards as well as, well...not rewards. I do hold a special place in my heart for the (what I called baby chics), young gals who often approached her, wanting to be EXACTLY her. They'd ask the most off the wall questions, but she was always very tactful, as was I, and gave them good advice. Anabolic advice? LOL! Never. She was a natty for over a decade, and told them EXACTLY what to do in terms of:
1. FOOD
2. Training
3. Rest/sleep

I used to deal with the young gals boyfriends wearing their "wife-beater" shirts, and hats on backwards wanting to know just how much d-bol they should take... None the less, they got a lesson in nutrition, training, and rest. The gear is baby shit when compared to genetics, and the above three points. When I injured my back, I literally fell out of the loop, but have made "quite the come back" according to the pics I sent her not long ago... And yes, getting the "goodies" I used to get is literally like starting over again. What a nightmare... It's like losing a family (a dysfunctional one lol), but none the less, a family when an injury stops the events/expos/other benefits, at least stays in touch minus the "sources" who are who they are...

Anyhow, she'll be here in the morning, and I've got the Mako (boat. 23' nothing major) ready to take her and my Son out in the Inter coastal, and a mile or two in the Atlantic. (I live in FL across the street from the beach.) I'll be glad to post what she's into now as she's like a damned tank that won't quit until dead. The main reason for this entire thread was having a young female approach me at my new gym (World's), when I "came back," claiming she saw me at the Olympia expo in 2010 and wanted to know where ____ was. Yes, this gal busts her ass in the gym, and isn't there for the "glory" 90% are there for... Tore me to pieces, as she doesn't quite understand what this lifestyle entails, and CAN do to relationships, but she has a "fire inside" wanting to be like her, and her peers/competitors. God, do I understand... With the total lack of female participation in this thread, I damned near wish I hadn't posted this thread where I did, and simply called my ex and asked her if she'd mentor one or two females who remind me of her...

New Threads