classic mass building cycle

shenky

Reaction score
I decided to start a log, more for myself than anyone.

Background:

26 years of age
single cycle under my belt

I was just about 200 pounds a few months ago, but after a shoulder injury, dropped down to 175. I realize I could manage to get back up to 200 without gear, however this cycle is not only for mass, but also recovery. Every single one of my workouts will involve physical therapy.

My last cycle was admittedly all way underdosed. I exhibited only an increase in weight I would have expected on the diet I was on (4kcal/day) and strength increases seemed standard for a bulk. Ultimately I went from 180 - 193 in the 12 weeks I used. Nothing to sneeze about, but I wasn't impressed. I continued my bulk, hit about 198, then got injured.

Cycle:

1-18: Test cyp 500mg
1-4: Dbol @ 20/30/40/50mg, respectively
1-16: Deca @ 500mg

HCG 500 iu per week, 3 weeks on, 1 week off (if I have this protocol wrong, please correct me)

I'm prepared to increase my test to 600mg ew, but it's not planned, but only a precaution to defend against the historical deca dick.

Prami on hand.

AI:

Arimidex: .5mg eod

I'm gyno prone and also prepared to increase this dose, as needed.

PCT:

Standard nolva + clomid

Bloodwork:

about that...I only got test only results and it came in at 420 ng/dl. I should have gotten the full spectrum of bloodwork because my cycle is relatively heavy. I'll definitely get the full spectrum mid cycle

EDIT:

Forgot to include NAC twice daily.

Also that I am very limited in the gym. There are many exercises I can't do, including deadlifts, decline presses, overhead presses, rear flys. Very sad, but it is what it is. I'm positive I can still build an impressive physique

Last edited:

shenky

Reaction score
Day 2 of DBOL:

No noticeable strength gain yet. However, I definitely felt different in the gym this morning. I lasted longer and pushed myself further. Possibly a placebo, but hey, I'll take it.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Be very careful with the shoulder because the deca may mask the soreness once it starts kicking. If its in the joints anyway. Watch your liver values with the dbol. I would get some NAC and supplement that daily. I also think youre being very conservative on your dbol dose but thats your call. Eat alot and enjoy your cycle

shenky

Reaction score
Be very careful with the shoulder because the deca may mask the soreness once it starts kicking. If its in the joints anyway. Watch your liver values with the dbol. I would get some NAC and supplement that daily. I also think youre being very conservative on your dbol dose but thats your call. Eat alot and enjoy your cycle

I'd increase the dbol if I had more dbol!! :(

I'm taking twice NAC daily, I forgot to include that.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have you used Deca & Prami before?

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
I've run a similar cycle but with a lil more dbol and deca at 400. You're gonna love the next several months

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's a great cycle. I'd run the test an extra 2 weeks (making 4 weeks of test w/o deca).

If you don't grow on this cycle, you can't grow at all.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What exactly is your shoulder injury? Is it still healing? You can't deadlift or overhead press? I'm a little confused, explain, if you don't mind.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
id still look for caber

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
You say "very limited in the gym" and "there are many movements you can't do", including the one's listed. Kind of sounds like you are more interested in what your cycle looks like then your work load while on. I guess I'm not sure of your thoughts on this. Shoulder injury's are nothing to fuk with bro! Also PT with workouts? I'm very confused. I'm a curious fellow.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You say "very limited in the gym" and "there are many movements you can't do", including the one's listed. Kind of sounds like you are more interested in what your cycle looks like then your work load while on. I guess I'm not sure of your thoughts on this. Shoulder injury's are nothing to fuk with bro! Also PT with workouts? I'm very confused. I'm a curious fellow.

I have a bad habit of not reading anything in these long winded posts except the cycle :).

shenky

Reaction score
Have you used Deca & Prami before?

I have not.

I've run a similar cycle but with a lil more dbol and deca at 400. You're gonna love the next several months

yes! I'm very much looking forward to it.

It's a great cycle. I'd run the test an extra 2 weeks (making 4 weeks of test w/o deca).

If you don't grow on this cycle, you can't grow at all.

Excited. I'll play that one by ear.

What exactly is your shoulder injury? Is it still healing? You can't deadlift or overhead press? I'm a little confused, explain, if you don't mind.

I have labral tear. It will never heal. However, I've been consistent with my physical therapy and have regained a lot of stability by strengthening the muscles surrounding the labrum. My physical therapist, who also bodybuilds, gave me the okay to start training after 6 weeks of consistent therapy.

I may never be able to overhead press again, no. Deadlifts are very risky, although not necessarily out of the question in the future. The injury is many months old, although it started giving me problems 90 days or so ago. Until then, I was unknowingly compensating for the injury.

I was told my PT that I can continue lifting, of course, I just have to be smart about what I do.

id still look for caber

I'll keep that in mind. ADC is an option.

If you've ever done physical therapy, its generally a handful of exercises that will aid in the recovery process. The exercises prescribed to me take all but 20 minutes. So I include those exercises before every work out. I believe that if I've recovered this much stability without gear, I'll strengthen the surrounding muscles even more so on gear.

I bolded what I don't understand, stone. I'm working around my injury, doing exactly what's prescribed to me. It's unfortunate to lose deadlifting and overhead pressing, but it's not the end of my bodybuilding career. I can let losing a few exercises destroy me, or I can work around it. I choose life. My workload is what it was before my injury, just with a few variations.

But rereading my original post I see where there is confusion. My injury is a tear of the labrum in the shoulder. It does not heal because a) it's cartilage b) not enough blood flow. HGH has been shown to facilitate healing, but I can't afford that. Stem cells have been shown to completely heal torn labrums, but I can't afford that either, heh. By physical therapy in every session, I meant strengthening the surrounding muscles and supporting muscles in every work out with a variety of exercises prescribed to me to help me stay in the weight room.

Last edited:

Malevolence

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Other than what has already been said, I would have a Test dose higher than the Deca, but this cycle will blow you up. Any reason Deca over NPP? Npp has become my choice over deca, with now three cycles of nan, two Deca 1 Npp.

shenky

Reaction score
Other than what has already been said, I would have a Test dose higher than the Deca, but this cycle will blow you up. Any reason Deca over NPP? Npp has become my choice over deca, with now three cycles of nan, two Deca 1 Npp.

Just a little less expensive. I also wanted a run with the infamous DBOL, and the long ester gives me a chance to experience it.

I was definitely considering increasing the test to 600mg. I'll see how this goes for a few weeks, then decide.

What is your HCG protocol? I was going to run 500iu ew, but how many weeks on and how many off do you run it?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Just a little less expensive. I also wanted a run with the infamous DBOL, and the long ester gives me a chance to experience it.

I was definitely considering increasing the test to 600mg. I'll see how this goes for a few weeks, then decide.

What is your HCG protocol? I was going to run 500iu ew, but how many weeks on and how many off do you run it?

You don't have to cycle HCG on and off for the length of time you'll be on. That's geared more towards people on TRT or who blast and cruise.

shenky

Reaction score
Gotcha. Probably a silly question, but if I'm using 500iu ew, each 5,000 iu vial of hcg is 10 weeks worth of hcg, yes?

I was going to reconstitute with 4ml bac water, so I'd have 1,000 iu per ml.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You say you think you may strengthen the surrounding Muscle with gear... you may also gain too much strength too quick for that muscle and 're injure it.
My opinion and this is coming from someone who has delt with a lot of trauma and recovery. Stay off of the gear until that injury is healed and stregnthend.

shenky

Reaction score
You say you think you may strengthen the surrounding Muscle with gear... you may also gain too much strength too quick for that muscle and 're injure it.
My opinion and this is coming from someone who has delt with a lot of trauma and recovery. Stay off of the gear until that injury is healed and stregnthend.

Again, the injury will never heal, and I have strengthened the surrounding muscles and supporting muscles; I work at PT every single day. Reinjuring is absolutely a possibility. It's a risk I'm willing to take, and it's a risk I take everyday I work out. I'll, of course, always err on the side of caution.

Last edited:

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Btw. You can absolutely build a great physique without those exercises. You can certainly do with out dead lifts and decline bench. Shoulder press is the only one that will hurt you a little by not being able to do them But not the end of the world.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Again, the injury will never heal, and I have strengthened the surrounding muscles and supporting muscles; I work at PT every single day.
In that case go for it but I would recommend you ease your way into in it and really strengthen that injury first.

New Threads