Competetive Crossfit Training

Reaction score
I'm gonna right a brief intro similar to what I wrote in the introduction tab so that I don't get flamed for taking steroids for what can be considered an amped up Zumba class.

My sport is Crossfit, but I don't train for Crossfit by doing Crossfit just like someone training for any other sport doesn't just play the sport all day long, they practice skill. So, my training routine is a mix of a few disciplines, but right now my focus is more around skill and strength. I am working with a trainer that has me doing mostly strength Olympic movements (resembles powerlifting routine slightly) but also with gymnastic work mixed in. I also run interval sprints in whichever skill I need to work on most (row,double under, run, box jump, burpee) and here and there (3-5 days a week based on recovery) I run a short METCON to keep my conditioning par. Since working with my new trainer (works with a lot of pro athletes not stating names hope he never finds me on here ever), I incorporate so more explosive type training using Isometrics and Plyometrics. All in all, my training can be a huge mind **** sometimes (I'm sure many of you can relate).

So just like you guys train specific for your sport being Bodybuilding, I train specific to my sport being Crossfit. Which means on both sides we have some gym bros that give us a bad rap (bros who don't even lift juicing, just like we have crossfitters that post their wods online working out 20 minutes a day that can't even do a snatch correctly suddenly justifying juice as well)

So what you will not see me ****s wit ever is shit like Deca, Tren, High doses of Test, dbol, anadrol....pretty much anything that will cause more harm than good. I have cycling experience, I have ****ed with some shit, I know how to cycle, I have ran high doses low doses...done some things I'm not proud of and paid the price for it. With that said......

My current Stats are:
5'9 185-190 pretty lean, but have been bulking for about a year lol. My goal weight is 195 and lean (this is ideal size for this sport)

Lifts (I should know more than rough estimates and it's sad I don't but I have been making steady PR since November (naturally until mid feb)
Clean + Jerk ~215 (sad panda is sad)
Back Squat ~365
Deadlift ~415
Snatch ~205

A lot of this is not an estimate of my strength, the reason I have continually PR is that my form is continually improving but still needs much more work.

Current Cycle:
900mg EW: Equipoise 20 weeks
450mg EW: Test Blend (MWF Injects) has undeclynate or whatever test so running same length as equipoise but started about a week or two ago.
100mg Anavar: I have enough for 70 days been running this for about 4 weeks, not the smartest idea as it isn't great for performance.
Proviron 50mg ED for 50 days (I just happened to have some, same story with anavar so I thought, might as well...smart right?)
Adex .5 EOD entirety of cycle stopping before PCT
HCG 250 IU 2x Week

PCT:
50mg Clomid-30 Days
20 mg Tamox-50 days

I know my cycle looks sloppy because it is, but there is a method to my madness. I wanted to introduce compounds 1 at a time. Anavar I'm not enthusiastic about but I'm pretty sure it is underdosed anyways (that BD Orange Anavar 50 aka IP bullshit). I get some bad pumps especially in forearms that can **** me up for some of the metcons I run. For example I was doing a Toes 2 Bar metcon of ever minute on the minute on Monday, after 10 minutes I went into 100 double unders and 30 Clean and Jerk at 165. ****ed me up for the Clean and Jerk, had 0 wrist flexibility. Had to pause mid MetCon and stretch out, ended up just switching to a 3,3,3,2,1,1 rep scheme and doing strength work instead.

I like the test dose, the quick esters have hit, and I backloaded a bit so I feel close to where I should be at this dose. Nothing negative except some acne. 450 is actually the "magic" dose for me, bad JooJoo to run anything else lol.

The Equipoise I have in there for the RBC, I genetically have a smaller redblood cell count due to Thalisemia. This will be my first run with EQ but from an athletic standpoint I hear it is great and mild. Lastly, Winstrol is in there to hit some final PR's before PCT while still utilizing collagen synthesis from EQ to counteract negative sides.

So this is the long winded explanation of my cycle, I start the EQ monday. Feel free to flame the shit out of me, it probably won't change anything but I will listen and I will update this for the next guy that might find this useful. Maybe someone will think the way I train for this shit is pretty cool (I know I do) and will say gee Marly, the one thing I have been missing in my workouts is that feeling like I want to vomit. Or maybe you want to learn how to cycle properly for your Zumba class, either way, much love.

Before I forget, My ****ing weird Diet:

So basically, this is what my trainer has me running, it goes against my typical ideology but **** it's working and I just learned to just nod my head and do the damn thang. I is a high protein, high fat, low carb. He had a very sciency way of explaining it, but the idea behind it is that it gives me enough carbohydrate for explosive exercise as well as a more efficient fuel source (fat).

Morning (Preworkout) Table Spoon of Honey, Small amount of fruit (handful of berries or half a banana) 2 eggs, 30 grams whey, some Progenex preworkout BCAA bullshit (my personal additive muahahaha)

Post Workout: 6 eggs, Progenex Recovery Blend, cup of goats milk, some vega recovery blend shit (supposed to be some sweetpotato but I had this lying around and don't want to waste money...ya dig?)

3-4 Hours later at work: About 8-10 Oz Grassfed Ground Beef with Spinach

About 3-4 Hours after that: About 8-10 Oz Grassfed Ground beef (I just cook like 10 pounds of this shit every week and throw it in some tubaware)

Before Bed: 6 eggs, Progenex Cacoon

Once a week I throw in a cheat meal for my own sanity,

Reaction score
I copy and pasted this over....Will be changing the training around a little starting next week...here is what I think it will be but I bet it will change even more.

6 a.m monday-Friday:
15 minutes stretching
hour or so of strength/skill with Olympic Lifts
METCON

Around lunch time Interval Sprints (Burpee Focus right now)

PM, Foam Roll and some flexibility through Isometric holds.

Saturday: Rest from strength work

METCON
flexibility/injury management. I use a high tech type stim machine to map out areas that are starting to develop stress, allows me to tweek programing for next week as well as address the area.
Foam Roll

Sunday
Strength/Skill depending on "feel", if I need to rest I need to rest, if I'm good to go I pound out some snatch
Heavy conditioning/sprint day
Flexibility/Foam Roll

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading after crossfit.
hahahahaha

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt only because he has mentioned that there is crossfit and then there is glorified Zumba. Even if you ask SAD he'll tell you some of the WODs are retarded and some are actually a great challenge.

TO the OP - YOu fixed the parts I mentioned in the previous post namely the PCT and the HCG use.

With the var, get some liver testing done soon to determine if its too much. I doubt it is. For a crossfit athlete using var, if its good var you would be experiencing pumps so painful you can barely train. Only reason people get away with 100mg var is because its either crap var or you train like I do which means a pump is few and far between. The latter wouldn't apply to you.

Reaction score
hahahahaha

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt only because he has mentioned that there is crossfit and then there is glorified Zumba. Even if you ask SAD he'll tell you some of the WODs are retarded and some are actually a great challenge.

TO the OP - YOu fixed the parts I mentioned in the previous post namely the PCT and the HCG use.

With the var, get some liver testing done soon to determine if its too much. I doubt it is. For a crossfit athlete using var, if its good var you would be experiencing pumps so painful you can barely train. Only reason people get away with 100mg var is because its either crap var or you train like I do which means a pump is few and far between. The latter wouldn't apply to you.

I can honestly say it is shitty var. I get decent pumps so I know it is var, just really underdosed. It's that Orange BD 50mg bullshit from IP....it was free or else I wouldnt be using it.

Reaction score
I am the first to tell you that your every day crossfit WOD or everyday crossfitter is just someone that has found a better alternative to Zumba or Spin Class. It's a 20 minute workout that is honestly better designed then any 1 hour bullshit these people will do throughout there day.

If you follow me on this you will see that I don't train by doing WODs, that would be retarded. It would be like a football player training for football by playing games all day every day. If you look at the WODs that are built for a competition like the open, regionals, or games...that's what I'm training for. I do hit a few benchmark WODs to see be able to measure my training, these are WODs named after females like Fran or War heros like the WOD Murph.

so again if you follow me you will see a lot of olympic powerlifting, gymnastic body weight movements, plyos, isos, intervals. The only time you will see a "WOD" is during a time where I am measuring a bench mark, next benchmark I think I will be running Murph.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am the first to tell you that your every day crossfit WOD or everyday crossfitter is just someone that has found a better alternative to Zumba or Spin Class. It's a 20 minute workout that is honestly better designed then any 1 hour bullshit these people will do throughout there day.

If you follow me on this you will see that I don't train by doing WODs, that would be retarded. It would be like a football player training for football by playing games all day every day. If you look at the WODs that are built for a competition like the open, regionals, or games...that's what I'm training for. I do hit a few benchmark WODs to see be able to measure my training, these are WODs named after females like Fran or War heros like the WOD Murph.

so again if you follow me you will see a lot of olympic powerlifting, gymnastic body weight movements, plyos, isos, intervals. The only time you will see a "WOD" is during a time where I am measuring a bench mark, next benchmark I think I will be running Murph.
Marley......we get it you love crossfit.....thats good, we all have a goal for ourselves....but here at our home, we hang up our attitude at the door.

Reaction score
Same here Stopped reading after cross fit. It is actually Muscle confusion training or HIIT Sorry :(

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Keep me updated on your progress, especially on the Oly's, since I'm trying to figure out their sweet spot in my training program.

Reaction score
Marley......we get it you love crossfit.....thats good, we all have a goal for ourselves....but here at our home, we hang up our attitude at the door.

I apologize if I came across as having an attitude, definitely was not my intention writing this. I'm just a passionate guy with way too much energy.

I got nothin but love for everyone here.

Reaction score
Rookie Mistake of the Day-Bad Cheat Meal.

There is nothing worse then wasting my cheat meal on something worse than my regular day to day grind. Disappointed...

Hotmess

Lady Member
Reaction score
Your diet made me hungry and I'm sitting here tearing up some weeks.. I have nothing against Crossfitthe mentality that it gave me for the few months I tried it I was able to apply it in the gym, but its not for me. I like a long slow concentrated workout.. it's kinda like making love as opposed to Crossfit which is very wham bam thank you mam.. anywho I would rather see someone being active than sittin on the couch . Are you planning to compete? I started to skim at the bottom.. I don't like long stories and I have nothing to do with steroids at this current time.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
A good cheat meal does the mind good!

Reaction score
Tweaked diet to add more carbs:

Bfast/preworkout Handful of blueberries, 1table spoon honey, two scoops progenex

Post am w/o- 8 eggs, two scoops progenex.

3 hours later- 1lb ground bison, whole avocado, large sweet potato

Post PM W/O 4 whole eggs, two scoops progenex, blended vegetable kale/mint/coconut juice.

Before bed 3 scoops progenex cacoon

Macros:
~280-300 protein
~100-120 carb
~90-100 gm fat
Cals-~2400-2500

Supplements: multi vi, fish oil

Reaction score
Well, I need to rethink my training. My performance is shit right now, developing some injuries, Friday was a pulled groin, today it feels like I have a giant knot in my hip.

I'm trying to do too much , steroids or not the body needs rest. My sleep had been shit, for the first time I'm seeing that there may just be a thing called overtraining.

Next week I'm in San Jose for work, il be taking the week off from the weights, probably only swimming if anything. Come back to it the following week.

I also lowered the dose of my test, dropped the anavar. Pumps were too intense on var, water retention on the test dose. May add GH at 4iu 5 day on 2 day off for next 6 months.

Much love brohemes

-Marly

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Hope you heal quickly. Opens are over, a deload week would probably be beneficial.

New Threads