Raw potency

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
A question, I've looked at many a UGL lists and behind a certain compound it will say POTENT, now just talking run of the mill test c at 250mg/ml with potent underlined next to it, WTF? unless a mass spec. test was done on the compound, of that particular batch, which I'm guessing isn't the easiest to have done, and more than likely expensive, or someone's bloods than show a ridiculously high level. My question is, if you have a pile of raw test powder, is there someway of knowing how the potency will be in the brewing process? I mean by the way it dilutes, the way it cooks, it's ease of suspension, etc, etc. Or is it simply a fuk up on a particular calculation? Regardless of the potency of the raws the calc. for added powder would remain the same, correct? so the actual 250mg/ml could be merely a crap shoot. I ask this at the risk of looking like I don't know a fuking thing about it, because I don't. Kind of think BS when I see "potent".

Last edited:

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cant say that ive ever seen anyone list stuff as more or less potent.. So im not much help but I am curious to see what the others say.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Cant say that ive ever seen anyone list stuff as more or less potent.. So im not much help but I am curious to see what the others say.
Just ran into it the other day, yeah, never less potent..lol

Reaction score
Ive seen DNP be listed as potent im guessing as a warning but usually the powders are just listed with a percentage from what ive run into.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
when it comes to gear its either dosed right ,overdosed.or underdosed..the word potent doesnt make sense to me.How good the raws are thats a different story that i dont really know much about

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Beware of those that have to convince you prior about potency, potency will speak for itself and yes one that dose a lot of brewing will have an idea of what they have just by looking at it and the smell then how the process goes while brewing it into suspension.

How much heat, duration it takes and how it looks during the process says a lot.

Your normal Joe won't know squat but once he spends enough time brewing over and over again some things become automatic somethings become very apparent and if it don't they need to quit brewing lol.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
when it comes to gear its either dosed right ,overdosed.or underdosed..the word potent doesnt make sense to me.How good the raws are thats a different story that i dont really know much about

This is your answer. Describing something as "potent" simply means it has great power, influence or effect. Sounds more like marketing fluff than anything useful to describe hormones. Bourbon is "potent". Gear needs to be described using far more precise terms if to be taken seriously, so I'll agree with your "B.S." reaction.

New Threads