Giving blood

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
I've seen it suggested for people to give blood. What reasons would someone do that, other than charity?

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Running AAS can increase your hematocrit. Hematocrit is the measure of solids (red blood cells) in your blood.
The higher your hematocrit, the thicker your blood will become.
Obviously there reaches a point where your heart has to work much much harder to pump pudding through your veins.
High hematocrit can lead to heart disease or possibly a stroke.

Donating blood is a good way to lower your hematocrit levels.
It's also like an oil change for your body, some find it very refreshing.

Last edited:

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Compounds such as EQ (even just exogenous Test as well) for example cause an increase in hematocrit (which is the ratio of the volume of red blood cells to total blood cells). This leads to "thick" blood so to speak, which leads to high blood pressure (or polycythemia in some cases), which, well, kicks yer arse and steals yer girl.

Donating blood then lowers BP & also anecdotally counters symptoms of polycythemia such as lethargy, itching & numbness in the extremities.

I personally try to donate as often as possible (once every 53 days I believe is the mx frequency).

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LoLz

..giving blood is like getting a transfusion. Out with the old and start making new clean blood.
Lots of benefits for users.

Pls donate some...save lives and youll feel much better afterwords.

nastyNate

Reaction score
the original "legitimate" use of a number of the aas was for anemia before things like epo came around. most of the compounds stimulate rbc production to some degree....some more than others

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just gave last Friday and felt awesome the whole weekend...now on a schedule...every 56 days! :)

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya I donate all the time

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
nightster,

Iron1 hit it on the head medically but #TheMatrix is right, you may save a life; and for me that's worth it.

Ow, if someone tells you that you lose your gear that way; Nope! It's such a minuscule amount it becomes a non-factor. If the average adult male holds 12 pints, it's 1/12 of what you have in your bloodstream at that time. It's not like you injected 1 gram an hour before and now lost 1/12 of it.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Compounds such as EQ (even just exogenous Test as well) for example cause an increase in hematocrit (which is the ratio of the volume of red blood cells to total blood cells). This leads to "thick" blood so to speak, which leads to high blood pressure (or polycythemia in some cases), which, well, kicks yer arse and steals yer girl.

Donating blood then lowers BP & also anecdotally counters symptoms of polycythemia such as lethargy, itching & numbness in the extremities.

I personally try to donate as often as possible (once every 53 days I believe is the mx frequency).
What is the quantity protocol bro?....pint?

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like donating for so many reasons one b/c I like to save lives (nbd just doing my part) two I am prone to high iron in the blood so donating keeps it in check . Three The nurses always pump my ego about what large veins I have and I always remark you have no idea hahahah gets me every time.

Seriously do it once and see how good you feel the next day I dont know y but you will feel great . O and don't listen to the bs about not working out that day . I asked y and the dude told me its b/c if you happen to bleed under the skin it will bruise and they dont want to hear your shit if it happens but its fine to work out I do every time just 2 or 3 hours later

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love giving blood. Next will be my 18th. I also get a free pint of beer with each donation.

I feel 10x better afterwards. I do hate the iron check first though.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I try do donate as often as possible. Makes me sick for about 2 hours , but then I fell like a champ.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nice! im going in tomorrow with a therapeutic phlebotomy at the hospital, i hope i feel way better afterwards...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ummmk yeah so im now laying in a hospital bed because i passed out after 225 ml of blood was taken from me.... Holy crap, i feel like poop! Almost passed out again and they put me in a room and might need some fluids.... I guess my body doesnt like giving that much at a time hahaha! What a puss!

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Less than half a pint.

Did they check your iron like a blood bank would first?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
J20, had you eaten before the blood draw?

New Threads