trt and fertility

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
Alright. ..I know a TRT doc pretty well...and I'm an official patient of is if and when I decided to BnC. For now anyway.
I had a discussion with him about having kids on TRT. I simply asked if it would affect ones ability to have children.
He claims no. But it does depend on how long one has been on TRT. That if someone has been on trt for 10 years straight then yes having kids would be difficult. I brought up HCG and he said it would definitely help. I agree with that part but I don't agree with what he said next. He claimed someone that has low t that begins to supplement testosterone will have an greater chance of having kids. Basically saying that test is test...If you have to make it yourself or take it, that having kids shouldn't be a problem. Idk if I agree with that lol.
thoughts?

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
A very large portion of it come down to why they went hypogonadal in the first place fronk.
If you're talking testicular trauma, depending on the severity, you're likely beat when it comes to having kids.

Get Some

Reaction score
I'm coming off completely this fall before trying for a kid... it's not so much about pure test as it is LH or even FSH. If you are using hcg you can definitely stay on. I'm just taking the precaution of being off because I think it's the right thing to do. TRT should have your levels in the right place and your nuts should not atrophy or reduce production nearly as much as being fully on

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
Iron: so what about a guy that cycles and decides he's tired of PCT? And just jumps on trt? What category would you say that falls under?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Person A goes on TRT bc they're secondary hypo meaning their LH levels are low for whatever reason. THis person, while having low LH, has completely normal FSH values. After being put on TRT their FSH goes down the tube. Not sure how taking test via TRT will aid in conception in this instance. That doesn't mean it's impossible to conceive while on TRT as many others have, but it certainly would make it more difficult.

The real question i see here is why are you considering blasting and cruising now?

Get Some

Reaction score
Person A goes on TRT bc they're secondary hypo meaning their LH levels are low for whatever reason. THis person, while having low LH, has completely normal FSH values. After being put on TRT their FSH goes down the tube. Not sure how taking test via TRT will aid in conception in this instance. That doesn't mean it's impossible to conceive while on TRT as many others have, but it certainly would make it more difficult.

The real question i see here is why are you considering blasting and cruising now?

Yes it would make it difficult... but administration of HCG just a few times can significantly raise LH while cycling. I think this is what a lot of guys do. Some have gotten their wives pregnant by accident while on cycle using hcg

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Iron: so what about a guy that cycles and decides he's tired of PCT? And just jumps on trt? What category would you say that falls under?

I would not put that guy in the "possible to have kids" category.
Everyone is different though, some "healthy" people have a hard enough time conceiving even with functional nuts.

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score

Everyone that cycles considers BnC...whether now or later, I want to know EXACTLY what I'm up against.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Everyone that cycles considers BnC...whether now or later, I want to know EXACTLY what I'm up against.

Possibly, but if kids are that important to someone, maybe hey should reconsider AAS as a whole until they've had kids already so this doesn't become an issue.

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
If that's a concern of yours, freeze your sperm now.

That shit costs close to a grand to start up. Followed by monthly fees for keeping it frozen then the hundreds it costs for them to thaw it and stick it where it belongs lol

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
Possibly, but if kids are that important to someone, maybe hey should reconsider AAS as a whole until they've had kids already so this doesn't become an issue.

Not nearly as important to me as it is to the lady friend

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Yes it would make it difficult... but administration of HCG just a few times can significantly raise LH while cycling. I think this is what a lot of guys do. Some have gotten their wives pregnant by accident while on cycle using hcg

I get what you're saying GS but HCG wont raise LH levels at all. In fact, HCG will further suppress LH by shutting down the pituitary. I do agree HCG can greatly aid in fertility but I don't want to put false hopes in anyone. Even with HCG it's not guaranteed. But then again neither is it even if you don't use AAS lol. Damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing :)

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Not nearly as important to me as it is to the lady friend

And that's a question you need to seriously consider: what's more important to you, your lady's desire to have kids or being on AAS to reach your goals?

I'm not trying to give you shit Frank, just trying to get you looking at the big picture. There's a lot of things to consider and I do applaud you for giving these questions serious thought before you dive in head first :)

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
That shit costs close to a grand to start up. Followed by monthly fees for keeping it frozen then the hundreds it costs for them to thaw it and stick it where it belongs lol

Think of it like an investment into your BnC career ;)

I suppose you could start shooting loads into ice cube trays at home.... lol

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
And that's a question you need to seriously consider: what's more important to you, your lady's desire to have kids or being on AAS to reach your goals?

I'm not trying to give you shit Frank, just trying to get you looking at the big picture. There's a lot of things to consider and I do applaud you for giving these questions serious thought before you dive in head first :)

Exactly why I'm asking the questions now lol.

OK so it's obvious I'd rather BnC. Just for the fact progress isn't slowed down as much and no PCT. I'll be BnC one day...I'm trying to decide if I want to BnC on my own terms or when my body says "hey...I'm gonna go ahead and tell the nuts not to even bother" LOL

What she wants is extremely important. That goes without saying. ..but she can be narrow minded about specific things...children being one of them. They HAVE to be hers...unless she can't conceive then we would adopt because that's all that's left. But I know if I become infertile she would never let that go lol.

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
So to keep this going, in theory let's say I decided to BnC.
5 years down the road or whenever lady friend decides she wants a kid. ..what would or should I do in order to increase my chances of having children? HCG? Clomid? Come off and do an extensive PCT?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fronk, jerk off in a nice cube tray. Throw that in the freezer.. Problem solved & pretty cheap too.

New Threads