Cancer Gone...

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
*SORRY - I GET A LITTLE LONGWINDED WHEN I AM TIRED*

Don't know that i really mentioned it to anyone here or not...

But i recently went in for a visit to the doctor after a couple years of persistent nagging by a few people in my life about a little spot on my shoulder that was abnormal. i finally had enough and said i would go in for a skin review where they were supposed to take pics and then check me out every 3 to 6 months, compare the pics and see if anything changed etc. if they saw a change they would usually do a little scraping to test the area (mole) and then if that came back bad they would go in and cut it off.

So when i went in i was asked to strip down to my skivvies on my own in the room and then the doctor would come in... i dont know what happened but next thing i knew i was surrounded by 5+ women and only one of them was really doing anything. I guess i was the only hunk of beef they'd seen in a while lol :) so that was fun

Anyways... after making their way over every inch of my body and circling things with a pen the doctor goes back with a little microscope thing and looks at it all closer then tells me "we have to skip the monitoring and the skin scraping tests because these all look bad". I was like so that means what? She said "lay down, were gonna start numbing you up... we need to cut them all out right now!". I didnt know what to think so i just let them slice me up... didnt feel a thing... they ended up cutting out something like 7 or 10 fairly sizable chunks out of me that were pretty deep. She said this is all she does and they were all concerning but that usually only a maximum of 20-30% come back from testing with positive cancer results.

Ive been allowing these things ho heal for a few weeks now and they are finally getting to the point where they are not still like open wounds.

They called me back after testing and said that 100% of the samples they removed were cancerous or pre-cancerous and it looks like they got everything in time but i needed to get some more testing done.

In the end it looks like i will walk away from this all with only some new scars on my neck/back/shoulder and everything will be good... a little freaky there for a minute but i stayed positive and all went well. (my little brother just went through some heavy cancer stuff so the timing was uncanny)

LESSON: dont be a fuccking idiot and ignore when people tell you for years "hey that mole on your arm used to look like an m&m but now it looks like jesus... go get it checked out". Just get it looked at! I know a guy my age who ignored it and the shit spread everywhere and he died leaving behind a 4yr old little girl.

Just some follow up appointments every month or so for a while and then after that a YEARLY SKIN REVIEW. If you're 30+ yrs old and you've had a lot of sun exposure or this stuff runs in your family then just get it done.

I remember seeing a bunch of people change their pics recently to a thing that said "FUCCK CANCER" and im sure there is some national awareness thing going on that i missed but since it coincided with all this stuff going on with me and my family I will have to agree and echo that resoundingly. Plus now i get to say I FUCCKED CANCER :)

Cheers, brethren!

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
Sad story. But at least it's a happy ending. LEssen learned. Let's train.

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Damn bro, I'm glad you got that taken care of. Its easy to ignore stuff when it doesn't bother you. I bet you feel 10x better. Congrats!

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good thing u took care of this

Glad ur ok bro..

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I feel you Andro ;) Glad you stopped being stubborn and took care of business!!!! :)

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good on ya', Andro.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn right. Go to your doc. Health is the only thing money can't buy. Good contribution Andro

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Good to hear you walked away from this with a happy resolution Andro. Stay healthy bro.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear everything is ok, bud. That is some scary shit. My neighbor found out a couple years ago she had skin cancer on her shin of all places and she's hardly ever in the sun, plus we have 6 months of winter here. It can happen to anyone, anywhere. Good lesson, Andro. Thanks for sharing

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yup andro glad it came back ok, and yeah **** cancer...

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Losie would like u to undress so he can examine you....Doesnt hurt to get a 2nd opinion.....

In all seriousness glad u went in to take care of this.....

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Losie would like u to undress so he can examine you....Doesnt hurt to get a 2nd opinion.....

In all seriousness glad u went in to take care of this.....

Sorry I thought i mentioned losie WAS one of the women in the exam room... she commented on my nice glutes

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We all know Losie is a sucker for nice hairy glutes

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im searching for jesus....
But not on my moles.

I think we call em beauty marks where im from.

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bro, skin cancer is no joke. I've had 5 Basil Cell Carcinoma's (sp?) removed. Doc said if you're going to get it this is the one you want to get. Now I go every 6 months. Price I pay for the Florida sun.
"and they are finally getting to the point where they are not still like open wounds." so he didn't cut them out and stitch them? what did he use, that melon baller looking thing? My derm did that once on the back of my calf..took about 2 months to heal. to this day it looks like a cigar burned me.. nice round scar.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you got that taken care of AS.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bro, skin cancer is no joke. I've had 5 Basil Cell Carcinoma's (sp?) removed. Doc said if you're going to get it this is the one you want to get. Now I go every 6 months. Price I pay for the Florida sun.
"and they are finally getting to the point where they are not still like open wounds." so he didn't cut them out and stitch them? what did he use, that melon baller looking thing? My derm did that once on the back of my calf..took about 2 months to heal. to this day it looks like a cigar burned me.. nice round scar.

Just a scalpel i believe... and I will have to check the type they were. I think a couple of them were what you mentioned.

They were not small at all... mostly quarter sized - maybe two were bigger than a quarter. You can see it almost looks like they just got a little hook in the skin then pulled it up and used a scissor or something to cut it off because some of them are so damn jagged. I am sure they will leave scars. I got some pics of a few of the holes.... Here's what it was like:

Last edited:

New Threads