Looking for a routine

countrygurl318

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. I'm looking eds a beginners routine I can follow. I'm trying to lose weight but gain strength right now. So any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
HIIT for weight loss, diet and strength training. What are your stats?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You can do both. I'm sure you are not looking to compete in the next Mrs. O so keep your program simple. Don't be afraid of the big movements; despite what most woman think, squatting is not going to give you a big ol' butt, that double cheese burger will. Try a upper body/ lower body work out 2x /wk. Hit all the muscles groups starting with the biggest one first and use multi-joint exercises e.g. bench press for chest or squats for legs. Mon & Thur-upper body, Tue & Fri- lower body. There is no reason a beginner can not get his or her work out done in 30-45 min.

Hit your cardio after each workout. Not sure where you're at here but start slow and build up. Mix up what you like and keep it fresh. There's nothing wrong with a long walk for burning calories. Walk a mile or run it, you burn the same calories.

Diet, well there's may school of thought here but I'm from the school of low fat intake to lose weight. Don't over think it at this point; less calories will be less body weight. Just please try to get your proteins in. 0.5 grams of protein per LEAN body weight is enough.

I hope this helped and if you need more detail, look me up.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Weren't you here months ago, asking the same question? Didn't anyone give a good answer?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Weren't you here months ago, asking the same question? Didn't anyone give a good answer?

Shit I spent all that time for nothing? 8 posts; didn't see that. What a dumbass I am!

{'Calcul08'}

Lady Member
Reaction score
Typing. Imagine all calories burned and strength gained in your fingers.

New Threads