Trouble losing BF

NPower65

Reaction score
I’m having trouble losing BF and need a critique on diet I’m at 205 lbs and about 25% according to my calculations with the pinch tester I've been doing this since last week in January and weight fluctuates between 203 and 206.

Breakfast: 1 ½ cups egg whites, 2 ½ oz Oatmeal, 2 Tbs. Peanut butter
Meal 2: 6 oz Chicken Breast, 4 oz Brown Rice
Lunch: 6 oz lean Beef, 6 oz sweet potato
Meal 4 Pre workout: 6 oz lean beef 5 oz Brown Rice
Dinner: 6 oz Chicken Breast, 2 cups green veggies
Meal 6: 1 scoop Casein 1 Scoop Isolate

Morning Cardio 30-35 min
Weights heavy one week then the next week down in weight up in reps
after workout Cardio 30 min

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Hum,
Well, you may want to take a look at the fat content of that "Lean" beef. Even 15% has a lot of fat.

NPower65

Reaction score
Hum,
Well, you may want to take a look at the fat content of that "Lean" beef. Even 15% has a lot of fat.

Yea I really try to watch that the Ground Beef I buy supposedly is at 96% and the steak I buy is Sirloin which appears really lean not very marbled then I trim all the flavor I mean fat off it!!

Luscious Lei

Reaction score
If you don't lose weight it means you're at maintenance cals intake and therefore need to further drop the cals down.
Eating "clean" (which doesn't mean much) and a good macro breakdown will help you to maintain muscle mass and eventually to lean out a bit but to drop fat you need to drop weight and to drop weight you must consume less cals than you burn, it's pretty straightforward.
If your goal is to stay at the same weight and to lower BF then it's called recomping, which is doable but is a very long and tricky process.

Paolos

Reaction score
I’m having trouble losing BF and need a critique on diet I’m at 205 lbs and about 25% according to my calculations with the pinch tester I've been doing this since last week in January and weight fluctuates between 203 and 206.

Morning Cardio 30-35 min

Your diet looks pretty good but I'm not sure if the numbers add up to make sure your under maintenance values.
You already addressed the lean beef 93-96% lean is fine. I only have a couple of comments.

Breakfast: 2 1/2 oz of oatmeal is low*. I found for me taking in larger quantities earlier and tapering through the day
is better for burning fat. Maybe move your fat to Dinner or Meal #6 when your not having carbs (works better for me).

Meal #4 PWO: Swap the brown rice for white rice*. White rice is taboo for some but I respond well to it.

Morning cardio: Are you doing this fasting? May have better results by doing it fasting*

*I'm not a nutrition expert only giving you input based on what works for me.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat and this seems like around 3,000 calories if not more. What does it all break down to?

NPower65

Reaction score
Your diet looks pretty good but I'm not sure if the numbers add up to make sure your under maintenance values.
You already addressed the lean beef 93-96% lean is fine. I only have a couple of comments.

Breakfast: 2 1/2 oz of oatmeal is low*. I found for me taking in larger quantities earlier and tapering through the day
is better for burning fat. Maybe move your fat to Dinner or Meal #6 when your not having carbs (works better for me).

Meal #4 PWO: Swap the brown rice for white rice*. White rice is taboo for some but I respond well to it.

Morning cardio: Are you doing this fasting? May have better results by doing it fasting*

*I'm not a nutrition expert only giving you input based on what works for me.
No worries Paolos about not being a nutrition expert all suggestions and criticisms are taken. I've tried to take out 500 cal. but i think my body goes into starvation mode and my workouts suck no energy and I feel like I'm losing muscle and not fat. Yes morning cardio is fasted, also I forgot to put I add 2 Tbs of peanut butter to my Casein and Isolate pudding (meal 6) I eat that at about 11 pm

NPower65

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat and this seems like around 3,000 calories if not more. What does it all break down to?

It comes out to about 2733 cals 56g of fat 168g of carbs 292g protein my total needs calculated out to 2740 cal then I subtracted 250 for morning Cardio and another 250 after workout cardio (I have a Polar heart rate monitor that does calories) which gives me the -500 a day to get me to burning an extra 3500 a week to loose 1lb of fat

Paolos

Reaction score
No worries Paolos about not being a nutrition expert all suggestions and criticisms are taken. I've tried to take out 500 cal. but i think my body goes into starvation mode and my workouts suck no energy and I feel like I'm losing muscle and not fat. Yes morning cardio is fasted, also I forgot to put I add 2 Tbs of peanut butter to my Casein and Isolate pudding (meal 6) I eat that at about 11 pm

If your body thinks it's in starvation mode you will surly burn muscle and save the fat. My diet is changes every 4-5 weeks
based on my body response. Your body will always adapt and what worked before will slowly stop working. Make sure
you get a good cheat meal in 1x a week its not just for your head. It resets your body for the upcoming week chemically.

Reactions: CJ

NPower65

Reaction score
If your body thinks it's in starvation mode you will surly burn muscle and save the fat. My diet is changes every 4-5 weeks
based on my body response. Your body will always adapt and what worked before will slowly stop working. Make sure
you get a good cheat meal in 1x a week its not just for your head. It resets your body for the upcoming week chemically.

Yea I think I might try Carb cycling I just don't know how to do it correctly at the moment I'll have to research it I don't like to go into things half cocked it never turns out good

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That doesn't seem right. I'm at 242 and my maintenance level is around 3093 calories per day. I'm new to this diet macro thing but this seems a bit high to be losing bodyfat? I'm trying to stick around 2500 now for 6 weeks then lower it to 2000.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score

Morning Cardio 30-35 min

How tall are you?
How old are you?

It doesn't matter what you're eating if what you're eating does not meet your personal goals. That's what we have to figure out first, then plug in the list of foods above and see if they fit, if they don't or if they need tweaked.

NPower65

Reaction score
That doesn't seem right. I'm at 242 and my maintenance level is around 3093 calories per day. I'm new to this diet macro thing but this seems a bit high to be losing bodyfat? I'm trying to stick around 2500 now for 6 weeks then lower it to 2000.

The way I got to that number I took my BMR (1763.22) x that by 1.55 for moderate activity level from the Harris Benedict Equation so that comes out to 2733 that is the total calories needed for the day to break even then I do cardio to make the deficit of 500 cal

NPower65

Reaction score
How tall are you?
How old are you?

It doesn't matter what you're eating if what you're eating does not meet your personal goals. That's what we have to figure out first, then plug in the list of foods above and see if they fit, if they don't or if they need tweaked.
5'8
Old Fart 50

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How many days are you doing cardio and what type of cardio are you doing? HIIT is the recommended one these days. Heart rate up, then down, then up and so on. I don't think a calorie deficient diet includes cardio/lifting. I would cut from 2700 down to 2400 and see how that works for you.

NPower65

Reaction score
How many days are you doing cardio and what type of cardio are you doing? HIIT is the recommended one these days. Heart rate up, then down, then up and so on. I don't think a calorie deficient diet includes cardio/lifting. I would cut from 2700 down to 2400 and see how that works for you.

I'm doing cardio every day workout 5 days a week morning cardio is HIIT after workout or evening cardio is steady state just to keep my heart rate up. Yea next week I'm going to switch up my diet a little and try to cut some of calories I'll start with 300 last time I tried 500 and I think my body went into starvation mode very lethargic not hungry