need help rating my workout

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new to this board I was hopeing someone could help me rate how my workout plan is. Before I start let me tell you about myself. I am 25 year old male I weigh 263 pounds and about 27 percent body fat.

Weigh 263 pound
Height 6'1"
Weist Size 40

I need to cut down to about 22 % body fat but my goal is to go down about 10-15%.
here is my workout routine I have been doing this about 3-4 times a week for about 3 weeks now.

Set # 1
3 minutes of Jump Rope with medium pace
60 pushups none stop (50 regular, and 10 on my knees)
40 Sit ups
10 assisted pull-ups (because i can't do a regular one i keep decreasing what assited weight)

Set # 2 through 6
3 minutes of Jump Rope with medium pace
40 pushups none stop (30 regular, 10 on knees)
20 Sit ups
10 assisted pull-ups (because i can't do a regular one i keep decreasing what assited weight)

So in total I do 18 minutes of jump rope, 260 push ups, 140 sit-ups, and 60 assisted pull-ups. I try to take as little time as possible between sets.

I want to get a input from you guys if there is something more that i should be doing. And if someone could please tell me how many calories i am burning. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
do some compound lifts! squat, deadlift and benchpress. they work the biggest muscle groups therefore burning the most calories. 30-60 minutes of cardio and most importantly a calorie defecit diet

Lilo

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
do some compound lifts! squat, deadlift and benchpress. they work the biggest muscle groups therefore burning the most calories. 30-60 minutes of cardio and most importantly a calorie defecit diet

This. Also, sit ups will do nothing for you at the moment.

Are you in a caloric deficit?

What method did you use to test your bf levels?

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio on a treadmill and iron. That's it.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
On a scale 1-10 I give it a 2

Your whole workout is jump rope , push ups , sit ups and pull ups...

Is this a at home work out? Or are you in a gym

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For pure weight loss purposes it's not awful. It could always be better but then again so can my own.

Let me ask some ?'s

Do you have access to a gym with free weights?

Do you have any medical conditions that would prevent weight lifting?

Who tested your BF% and how?

Why is 22% the goal and how long until you get there?

Are you dead broke? Because diet is paramount and you should hire someone for your diet.

Can you go for a run a couple times per week?

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
PoB is a stud. Always so helpful. Mad respect.

whitelml

Reaction score
Most important for weight loss is caloric deficit. Cardio and weights can help but be sure your always in a daily deficit. I agree with POB about getting someone to get you started with diet. Could save you a lot of time.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Here you go OP, this should get you started in regards to getting your diet dialed in. Ask any questions you may have brother.

E7tf8mC.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank You very much this was very informative much appreciated. Was this done Excel?

Reaction score
good questions. let me elaborate more.
1.I do have access to the gym and I have been doing weight lifting for about a year now and see some good gains with my bench presses is up to about 315 in my last set with about 6 reps. my deadlifts is about the same area.but sadly i think its my diet because i keep putting on weight too.
2. I check my BF% by a device that I bought off of Amazon its called "Omron body fat monitor"
3. I need to to cut down to 22% because I am applying for a law enforcement and their requirements are at least 22% or for my height 205 pounds (which I don't want to go down to)
4. I will looking into hiring someone for my diet. last three weeks I have been dieting and dropped about 10 pounds
5. I do run but only once a week I figured that the jumprope will take the place of running (maybe I am wrong)

Thank you for taking the time and answering me.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
just letting you know, if you want to hire someone for your diet our go to diet guru here is called spongy

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Thank You very much this was very informative much appreciated. Was this done Excel?

It's actually done in Google Docs. It's my personal spreadsheet I've built and used over the years for tracking my own diet and exercise routine. This should get you at least in the right ballpark/range but I would also suggest reaching out to Spongy if you want personalized assistance.

Last edited:

New Threads