Injectible L-Carnitine for Fat Loss

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The Bloke who does some of my programming is a very well-known IFBB Pro in the Masters Class. I'll not name him so don't ask, but he's well respected and has trained some very high level athletes (think Mr. O level).

I'd been doing some research on injectible L-Carnitine as a tool for fat loss and he approached me with his own experience and a protocol for myself to give it a whirl. For those uninitiated, L-Carnitine is an amino acid which aids the body in the production of energy, and is naturally occurring. L-Carnitine supplements (oral) are plentiful and most have had dubious results at best. Injectible L-Carnitine was once difficult to obtain, being most commonly associated with veterinary medicine. When Synthetek broke the news of their L-Carnitine product 'Synthetine' I was intrigued as I'd always had good success with their live support product 'Synthergine' - and no, I'm not a product rep I've just had good experiences running Synthergine and have the blood tests to back it up.

In our case, we were looking to stack the Synthetine with a relatively small dose of fast-acting insulin in our pre-workout to accelerate absorption. We chose Novo as a reliable, fast-in fast-out slin.

*NOTE* I'm NOT advocating the use of insulin to those inexperienced. This was not my first rodeo by a long shot. Fawk this up and you can die.

We can 8 IUs Novo along with 400 Mg Synthetine (L-Carn) sub-q pre-workout for two weeks. We then removed the Novo and persisted the Synthetine for another two weeks. My bodyweight fluctuates around the 100 Kilos marker depending upon time of day and day of week. An estimate of me bodyfat at the start of this experiment was between 10% and 12% per calipers. Not stage ready by a long shot, but I've got a visible if not jaggedly etched six pack.

So, what happened? Short answer: NOT A BLOODY THING. I saw no incremental fat loss, no sudden bouts of 'Beast Mode' (no more than usual) in the gym, no mad fits of 8-pak abs slicing me tank top to shreds. Nothing. Diet and training weren't altered during this experiment, and my baseline AAS was consistent as well (for those interested, I was and still am running 400 Mg Test C and 400 Mg Tren E).

Disappointed, yes. I may tee things up once more come spring but my initial experience with injectable L-Carn was "Don't Believe the Hype".

Peace.

- Savage

Last edited:

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, Nble. It's hard to get a good review nowadays...one that I trust anyways.

I've been checking out Synthetek and a couple of there products . I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Synthergine.

Have you used anything else from them at all?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review, Nble. It's hard to get a good review nowadays...one that I trust anyways.

I've been checking out Synthetek and a couple of there products . I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Synthergine.

Have you used anything else from them at all?

Only the Synthergine which is gold and now the Synthetine, which did nothing for me.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I looked into Carnitine last year and concluded that anything that requires an insulin spike in order to be effective is probably a waste of money for fat loss so your experience doesn't surprise me.

There is some data suggesting Carnitine can improve AR sensitivity but since AAS does that anyway....maybe carnitine before a cycle to "prime" the receptors and avoid any natural delays in the process?
I have a few guys experimenting with this as we speak so we shall see but I suspect any benefit to be fairly minimal.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Have you tried any b12 injections ? Don't take this the wrong way sir but I think your AAS cycle might be a hindrance to an accurate review of this product. Like trying to feel a feather tickling your nose when a dog is biting you on the ass.

Last edited:

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I recently lost 26lbs with the help of cobra. Strick diet HIIT and weight training. Took me about 6 months, I went from 242 to 216, and I want to get down to 210. It's tough especially at 41. It's definitely a life style change for me. One cheat meal on the weekends then back to my strict diet.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Manny, you talking about Spongy's company? Sponge is a solid nutritionist. He'll def help get the fat off.

I heard Spongy is the go to for diets but the Helios I was talking about is the injectable yohimbine and clen. I recently read some stuff about it and was curious...

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I heard Spongy is the go to for diets but the Helios I was talking about is the injectable yohimbine and clen. I recently read some stuff about it and was curious...

Gotcha. No experience with that Helios, Mate.

gh0st

Reaction score
NbleSavage, i have heard great things about this inj. version for far loss! The pep company i rep for caries it and they have been getting great reviews on this product the last few months.

I think some guys think it will be like Helios as far as fat loss, but nothin compares to helios

Great post!

Good to hear other guys thought on these products!!

Last edited:

gh0st

Reaction score
I think that this is a product that is widly used and reveiwed by people who are not running AAS while reviewing this product which could be responsible for why the reveiws and opions on this product are so black and white. people either love it or they cay its a waste and did nothing for them!

New Threads