DNP veterans. Pls chime in.

Reaction score
I'm on my 6th day of my DNP run at 250mg right now. So far so good, losing 1lbs a day. Is t3 really necessary to run in a DNP cycle. I plan to use 250mg for 4 weeks and there are many conflicting answers about usage of t3.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Ok thanks for clarifying. Will continue running 250mg and if weight loss stall, might add t3

Only reason you'd stall is if it's bad DNP or water retention masked fat loss. Either way it wouldn't be due to your thyroid.

Reaction score
It's weird. I'm on my 14th day already, and my weight stopped moving.
I've heard different things about T3, and I even got a tub of them I was prepared to take during my 2nd week, but I've read around and gave up on it.

Can the weight loss just stall after a few days on DNP?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Eat less. Or add ephedrine. Ephedrine and caffeine is a much better addition to a run with dnp. Provides energy and moves the fats around. Little more efficient that way.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
x2 on adding EC to yer DNP. Sorts out the lethargy and aids in fat loss.

Reaction score
Hmm I'm eating 1000-1500kcal a day, so I don't think it's the food. What's the usual dose of EC on a 200mg dnp run? Also, EC or ECA?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Hmm I'm eating 1000-1500kcal a day, so I don't think it's the food. What's the usual dose of EC on a 200mg dnp run? Also, EC or ECA?

EC. No need for the A unless your really, really fat.

20/200 3x day is the established dosing scheme but obviously build up to that slowly in case your hypersensitive to stims.
Start at 20/200 1x day and go frome there.

Also, fat loss isn't linear...your going to get ups & downs with all methods. I've used 250mg for months on end (different goal in mind) and never found it to stop working.

Reaction score
EC. No need for the A unless your really, really fat.

20/200 3x day is the established dosing scheme but obviously build up to that slowly in case your hypersensitive to stims.
Start at 20/200 1x day and go frome there.

Also, fat loss isn't linear...your going to get ups & downs with all methods. I've used 250mg for months on end (different goal in mind) and never found it to stop working.

As far as appetite suppression goes, would you say an EC stack is as good as sibutramine?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
As far as appetite suppression goes, would you say an EC stack is as good as sibutramine?

For me personally? No.
For you? I have no idea.

Appetite regulation involves multiple interacting & overlapping pathways so depending on which one is the dominant player for YOU, some drugs will work better than others. This is also the primary reason why we don't have the DNP equivalent for appetite suppression btw :)

I will say that the appetite suppression/stimulant effect of the EC stack will dissappear after a couple of weeks (the thermogenic effect keeps going). So I'd recommend adding some Tyrosine (2g) to extend these sides for a little longer.

Last edited:

SoCalMk6GTI

Reaction score

Height/weight/body fat%?

You might have stalled because your starving yourself. 1,000-1,500 calories for most men is going to be very low, this all depends on your current body composition but regardless of what you're using to burn body fat, your organs need water, your body needs protein, carbs, etc to function properly. If you're below BMR by a huge margin, your body is going to react in a survival mode so to speak. You need X amount of calories to live and breathe each day.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Height/weight/body fat%?

You might have stalled because your starving yourself. 1,000-1,500 calories for most men is going to be very low, this all depends on your current body composition but regardless of what you're using to burn body fat, your organs need water, your body needs protein, carbs, etc to function properly. If you're below BMR by a huge margin, your body is going to react in a survival mode so to speak. You need X amount of calories to live and breathe each day.

Your basically talking about the so called "starvation mode", which is mostly bullshit. The whole "going too far below your BMR is bad" stuff is bullshit as well.
I recommend you do a little bit more reading on what the body actually does when calories are low (pubmed is your friend) before you spew nonsense like this again :)

If your in a caloric deficit, fat loss is happening - there is no stall. Sometimes you get cortisol going crazy, which increases water retention and hides any fat loss that's occurring (this happens mainly to women) but that's about it.

SoCalMk6GTI

Reaction score
Your basically talking about the so called "starvation mode", which is mostly bullshit. The whole "going too far below your BMR is bad" stuff is bullshit as well.
I recommend you do a little bit more reading on what the body actually does when calories are low (pubmed is your friend) before you spew nonsense like this again :)

If your in a caloric deficit, fat loss is happening - there is no stall. Sometimes you get cortisol going crazy, which increases water retention and hides any fat loss that's occurring (this happens mainly to women) but that's about it.

If he is taking in 1,000 calories, sorry but it doesn't take pubmed research to know you aren't providing your body with enough nutrients to function properly. And I work with enough clients to know that majority of my fat loss clients are NOT losing body fat because they are limiting total calories in too much of an excess.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If he is taking in 1,000 calories, sorry but it doesn't take pubmed research to know you aren't providing your body with enough nutrients to function properly. And I work with enough clients to know that majority of my fat loss clients are NOT losing body fat because they are limiting total calories in too much of an excess.

The part in bold is why you have no business coaching anyone.

Their isn't a single piece of evidence in the history of EVER showing fat loss stalling when a caloric deficit was still in place - go look up the Minnesota starvation data to see just how foolish you sound right now.
I also happen to be a coach & learnt a long time ago that clients misreport their caloric intake ALL the time.

You sound like Layne Norton trying to justify metabolic damage based on some BS client emails, find me some real data or stop spreading nonsense. Either way is fine with me.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Their isn't a single piece of evidence in the history of EVER showing fat loss stalling when a caloric deficit was still in place - go look up the Minnesota starvation data to see just how foolish you sound right now.
I also happen to be a coach & learnt a long time ago that clients misreport their caloric intake ALL the time.

You sound like Layne Norton trying to justify metabolic damage based on some BS client emails, find me some real data or stop spreading nonsense. Either way is fine with me.

Agreed with all of the above...

SoCalMk6GTI

Reaction score

Well, based on my studies, my research, and my knowledge; I disagree with you. So I'll agree to disagree and move on.

OP, eat more and you'll hit your goals.

Best of luck.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Well, based on my studies, my research, and my knowledge; I disagree with you. So I'll agree to disagree and move on.

OP, eat more and you'll hit your goals.

Best of luck.

Your "studies" and "research" are both fantasies and we both know it - otherwise you could've easily shared one study to back you up by now.
I have kept up to date with the data on nutrition dating back to the 60s and their is literally NOTHING to support your position of fat loss stopping in the face of a caloric deficit. Nothing at all.
So stop the bullshit. Seriously, it isn't going to fly with me.

If you want to disagree with facts (physiology isn't based on opinion) then that's fine...I have no desire to spend time fixing stupid.
I simply ask that you do not spread your misinformation to others. Thanks in advance.

New Threads