Possile alternative way of brewing? Give me your thoughts

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the site and new to brewing but not new to pharma manufacturing. I've been reading and wanted everyone's thoughts on this. It's the normal method but then a tweaked end.

Autoclave tempered beakers, stoppers, vials, etc. mix the product in the beaker on a magnetic rotating hot plate. Filter with a .22um filter into media bottle then inside a flow hood, pipet 10ml into vials.

I guess my main question is if I can do the pipetting part in a hood oppose to doing the syringe filters and pre-sterilized and sealed vials.

Let me know your thoughts

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to the site and new to brewing but not new to pharma manufacturing. I've been reading and wanted everyone's thoughts on this. It's the normal method but then a tweaked end.

Autoclave tempered beakers, stoppers, vials, etc. mix the product in the beaker on a magnetic rotating hot plate. Filter with a .22um filter into media bottle then inside a flow hood, pipet 10ml into vials.

I guess my main question is if I can do the pipetting part in a hood oppose to doing the syringe filters and pre-sterilized and sealed vials.

Let me know your thoughts

Yes that's how it's done with larger volumes. You will want to keep the oil warm during filtering to keep it flowing.

strongbow

Elite
Reaction score
..................................................................................................

Last edited:
Reaction score
dude if u got an autoclave and a hood, get urself some sterile pumps that fit onto ur media bottles, it will save u a ton of time and it keeps the brew from being exposed... when ur done sterilize and throw it in a sterile freezer... and wait for next batch

New Threads