Pec major tear today

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
So still a newb on the site. Posting as I can to get to know all you guys. Posted a question here just a while back about older\smaller injuries.
I tore my pec major today, left work and saw sports doctor luckily. You can see the tear right there in the ultrasound.
Son of a bitch it hurts still. But most importantly what can I expect from here on out?
Can I ever safety bench again? How do I safety rehab it?
I mean shit I'm just now getting my hormones back in balance the last 12 weeks or so feeling stronger again and BAM I do this.
Jesus.....

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Depends on how bad you tore the pec. Did you ask the doc? does it require surgery? Yes, you will be able to bench again.

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Depends on how bad you tore the pec. Did you ask the doc? does it require surgery? Yes, you will be able to bench again.

No surgery. Just a "smallish" tear that showed on the pec major as a nice big black spot....Cool thing was I got to see the other side as well, non injured, and flex it so you could see both minor and major doing their thing. Well I thought it was cool anyway.
But yes I was very worried. Like I said I've been on TRT now for about 12 weeks and getting better, now I'm sidelined for I don't know how long. And as much as it hurts now I know I won't be able to really push any other movements either....

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No surgery. Just a "smallish" tear that showed on the pec major as a nice big black spot....Cool thing was I got to see the other side as well, non injured, and flex it so you could see both minor and major doing their thing. Well I thought it was cool anyway.
But yes I was very worried. Like I said I've been on TRT now for about 12 weeks and getting better, now I'm sidelined for I don't know how long. And as much as it hurts now I know I won't be able to really push any other movements either....

Has the doc recommended any type of treatment?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Can I ask how u did it? Like exactly what happened

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Ice, discontinued use, follow up.
He said "I'd give you a sling.....but I'm guessing you won't use it".
He's correct of course.
Here's the thing. I was lifting at work, we have a gym, most of it we fabricated by copying my equipment at home. This plus a handful of other equipment. But anyway I cannot let on that I did this benching heavy at work or shit.....they'll take the gym from all of us. It's a wonderful bonus allowed to us by ownership, we even have a small budgetary each year to add to it. I simply cannot let on that I have a real injury from being in there or it will turn into nothing but treadmills and exercise videos.........
It's been about 5 hours now, and the bruising is really starting to set in.....
I'm just so ****ing disgusted with this and what will now be a halt to my gains.......****ing sick to my stomach from it........
Thanks for putting up with my crying.......

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Can I ask how u did it? Like exactly what happened

Flat bench.
I knew my left peck was feeling a little strained from last week. Warmed up, it felt pretty good, kept warming up. But had enuff sense to have my buddy get over there cause I told him my peck was iffy I might need him to help me. I honestly should have stopped at this point. I knew it didn't feel right. It's 100% on me for not listening to my body.
Sure as shit 3rd rep with 275 and I felt it, heard it......and well that's it.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Is 275 a normal weight that you have been benching for a while ?

How many reps do you usually get outa 275 ?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Was that third rep almost at failure? Or.like zeig said is this a normal weight for u to press more than 3?

U r right u Shoulda stopped when h knew something didn't feel right but cmon man almost everyday I wall in the gym and something hurts or doesn't feel right. Its the risk we take.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What POB said! you are going to need to minimize the scar tissue.

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
275 is usually a smooth 6 for me. Not impressive I know but for me ok.
So not a weight I'm not used to.
The doc I saw is an experienced sports physician.
He said it will heal and be 100%. I pray that right.
Who here has recovered from this? What's ur take?
Yeah eck we always work thru the nagging pains. But I'm 44 and should know better.
Lifting my whole adult life.
I don't know....it's disappointing to say the least.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn man, fked up . Hope u get better.

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
View attachment 3057

This is how it has settled out.
I'm hoping someone with a similar injury will post how their rehab went, and how they are after completely healing.
Is the pec deformed? Is your strength as good as it was prior to injury? Have you ever reinjured the same pec?
Just some feedback from someone having rehabbed from this.

To another point.
I'm a TRT patient.
I am 2.5 weeks into a 420mg\wk T cyp and 300mg\wk mast e cycle. Tbol for the first 4 weeks at 50mg\day.
Lighter cycle as it is my first. Again I am currently on TRT, the 420mg T cyp is how it lands when I incorporate the extra test plus TRT dosage. So for simplicity of drawing its the 420mg. And even though I will be dropping back to TRT dosage and protocol after cycle I have everything on hand that I could possible need. Even though I shouldn't.
The reason I am so disgusted is due to having never had a real injury, and here I am seeing results and this happens.
I cannot hardly bring myself to stop the cycle......because I'm a hard headed asshole probably.......I don't much care for giving up. But what should I do.
Hope you all may agree to just hit lower body hard, stay motivated and train around the injury carefully and continue the cycle.
Thoughts please..??
Forgive the shitter in the background, this was at 0400 this morning in our spare bathroom so I dont' wake anyone up getting ready for work. But on the bright side at least there's no floaters in it....:32 (19):

New Threads