Can I Re-Use My Needles?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do not Reuse Needles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The harm you can cause yourself by reusing a needle is much greater than any convenience or cost savings. The tips of needles may become damaged after just one injection. Even though you can't see this damage it's still there - and it may become worse each time you reuse. There are a lot of good reasons not to reuse syringe or pen needles:

The tip of a reused needle can be weakened to the point where it breaks off and gets stuck under your skin.

A reused needle doesn't inject as easily or as cleanly as a new one and can cause pain, bleeding, and bruising.

needle-deterioration_icbg.jpg

I personally go so far as to swap the pin that I draw with prior to injecting.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fucking christ, what some people out there will do just to save a couple bucks and re-use needles.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cant decide which is worse.

Reaction score
This is one concern at this time for me right now, cause where I am I did it, I wont lie cause run out of needles and fucking PA at the Aid station don`t want to give my medic none. I fix the problem but yes I re-use and I can tell is painfull and scary. I had a back up plan now and just go and steal the fuckers from the medic at the TOC...no more re-uses.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hate to say this, but i re-use my slin pins for gh quite a few times...have been for almost 2 yrs. As for gear since my needles are separate from syringe, I only use once. Draw needle stays the same, gets cleaned.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
my bad i got excited :eek:

G

Georgia

After reading this thread I am switching needles every time I draw from syringe

G

Georgia

just rinse that shit with bleach bro...your good.

Poke tiny holes in it roll it back up...and take it to walmart with a tiny bottle of sticky glue.

Break into the Walmart boxes...open one up...replace one brand new condom with a used, holey condom.

9 months later you have a baby!!!

Works for me all the time

Spear

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I buy pins I always buy syringes with 21g needles, for drawing, and then I switch it to a 25 for pinning.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hell I didn't know a pin got that fucked up after one use. Question is is that after the rubber stopper or skin ? That stopper has to murder the pins

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am only a few months in, but I keep plenty of spares of everything I need. Insulin needles are like 14 bucks for 100 of easy touch, syringes are like 20 for a 100 with needle and 100 extra pins for drawing is like 12 bucks. No reason to re-use. I am more worried about infections than about blunt tips hurting or causing extra scarring.

(In fact today I received 400 bd syringes that I got for 20 bucks, won't need any for a while lol)

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Do not Reuse Needles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The harm you can cause yourself by reusing a needle is much greater than any convenience or cost savings. The tips of needles may become damaged after just one injection. Even though you can't see this damage it's still there - and it may become worse each time you reuse. There are a lot of good reasons not to reuse syringe or pen needles:

The tip of a reused needle can be weakened to the point where it breaks off and gets stuck under your skin.

A reused needle doesn't inject as easily or as cleanly as a new one and can cause pain, bleeding, and bruising.

needle-deterioration_icbg.jpg

I personally go so far as to swap the pin that I draw with prior to injecting.

So do I but can't with slins.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hot head sorry man I clicked dislike on ur comment I was searching and clicked by accident:( but
Back to the topic I draw with one and pin With a new one always fresh and new . I don't take no chances.

New Threads