Steroids test in the military

Reaction score
I want to post this information here cause I know some of us were prior service or are on the service and is good to clarify the how the Armed forces test for steroids. Just help this guys out there that want to come in use or are using AAS while on uniform. The primary concern and first question is if they test for AAS, The answer is yes, But is not covered on the standard common drug screening conducted on a regular basis. I will point some very important causes that you may be request to test for steroids and what are the procedures for the Commanders to do so.

First the regulations that covers this drug test is AR-600-85 (ARMY) I don`t know for the Corps, Navy and Airforce you are more than welcome to add it in this thread if you know them.
On Paragraph 11–9. Special tests (this is what covers):
a. If a commander desires to test a Soldier’s urine for a drug that is not on the current test panel, the commander
will coordinate through the FTDTL and/or the local ASAP with the ACSAP to request the test. If the test is approved,
the request must be in writing to the respective FTDTL or AFIP, must list the requested drug(s) to test for, and must
accompany the specimen to AFIP. The specimen should be on its own chain of custody document using an AFIP Form
1323 (AFIP/Division of Forensics Toxicology – Toxicological Request Form). If the specimen is sent to or through the
FTDTL, the DD Form 2624 will be used.
b. If the commander desires to ensure that a Soldier is tested for one of the rotational drugs that the FTDTLs test a
percentage of all specimens for, the commander will submit the request in writing to the respective FTDTL, listing the
requested drug(s) to test for, with the specimen on its own chain of custody document.
c. All requests for steroid testing must be coordinated with ACSAP and the Ft. Meade FTDTL. Once approved, the
commander must send a memorandum requesting the test with one DD Form 2624 for one to 12 specimens submitted.
All specimens must contain at least 60 ml of urine. If a specimen is submitted for steroid testing, no other testing will
be performed on the specimen.

In other words if the Commaders has a suspicion or evidence that a Service Member is on use or posesion they can request the Special test.

Steroid testing ins`t automatic
WHY? is too expensive and after they get approval for the test and the requiere amount and process has meet the satndards mentioned above, Samples requiring steroid testing bypass the normal military testing system and get shipped to the sports testing lab at UCLA for analysis.

So if your concern is to get test DON`T GET COUGHT, or just dont tell anyone. If you live in military quarters be advice the Commander can request to Battlion or Brigade Commander for health and Wellfare inspection at any moment and anything found in your room will be use against you for disciplinary actions ex: art 15, bar to reelinst and chapter out, and remember will affected your record for furture jobs.

The only purpose of this thread is to advice Armed Forces members on what to espect if decied to use or are using AAS. Once again I will like to members or ex-members of the Corp,Navy or Air Force add their respective Regulations related to AAS.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This test isnt cheap at all by any means. I think I've heard somewhere around 4-6 grand but in the same sense you couldnt have said it better...Dont get caught with your dick in your hand. Also, it just depends on your unit,leadership,etc.. I've had several buddies in 3rd battalion as well as myself, that have used AAS while maintaining our bearing,discipline,and as long as we still maintained our PT ethic and didnt get caught with it, our leadership left us alone. Good thread Pikki

Reaction score
Thnx brotha I will try to get that info about how much it cost but couldn`t find it, thnx to add that Inf.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Try 22k. Ive done quite a few of them. And that comes out of company funds, not big army funds. So u pretty much have to get caught with the pin in ur ass for them to go trough the drama. Most of the time ull just get processes for possetion of the paraphernalia and they'll trow the book at u and call it good.
Another thing is, the regulations are old. It even states that if you are using androstenedione then u cant get procesed for aas. Lots of good info here http://acsap.army.mil/sso/pages/index.jsp

Reaction score
Thnx for the info Lulu I know you can add great advices on this thread

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
and why, exactly, is this showing up in my most recent posts list???

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How's ology and pinn doosh!!!

Oh yeah they're busted and no more free gear. Lmao

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What a shame, I was really diggin those MAO raws....

Reaction score
Having been a platoon commander, company XO, and company commander I can tell you leadership is the biggest issue. If you have a leader that wants to nail you they can, but it's not going to be cheap. I had one of my Marines get turned in by another Marine who claimed to have found it in the one Marines glove box. I told them to settle it like men, and left it at that. Didn't want a blue falcon running around nor did I want to bust a great Marine for something that may or may not have been legally obtained or legally found...

jdusmc1371

Reaction score
Having been a platoon commander, company XO, and company commander I can tell you leadership is the biggest issue. If you have a leader that wants to nail you they can, but it's not going to be cheap. I had one of my Marines get turned in by another Marine who claimed to have found it in the one Marines glove box. I told them to settle it like men, and left it at that. Didn't want a blue falcon running around nor did I want to bust a great Marine for something that may or may not have been legally obtained or legally found...

Haha hell yeah Sir! Lol

Reaction score
That's what I loved about being a grunt. Just fight the shit out and be done with it. More important things to worry about. Not to mention the need to toughen some people up. I did talk to the Marine a few times on hypothetical--aka if he were taking it, ensuring he had a PCT plan and knew what he was doing. Dude was a rock star though.

Actually, if you have seen the video going around of the 3 Marine going down the hallway, get shot by a sniper, hits the one guy in the helmet... my Marine was the team leader.

If you haven't seen it, it's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbCK2Tb_i30

Reaction score
That's what I loved about being a grunt. Just fight the shit out and be done with it. More important things to worry about. Not to mention the need to toughen some people up. I did talk to the Marine a few times on hypothetical--aka if he were taking it, ensuring he had a PCT plan and knew what he was doing. Dude was a rock star though on my transition team.

Actually, I worked with a lot of rock stars...if you have seen the video going around of the 3 Marine going down the hallway, get shot by a sniper, hits the one guy in the helmet... my Marine was the team leader, and another one of my rockstars.

Sorry for the double post.... but the previous one could be misinterpreted to make out the guy in the video being the guy who was accused of using AAS. Not the case, but it wouldn't let me edit it.

jdusmc1371

Reaction score
That's what I loved about being a grunt. Just fight the shit out and be done with it. More important things to worry about. Not to mention the need to toughen some people up. I did talk to the Marine a few times on hypothetical--aka if he were taking it, ensuring he had a PCT plan and knew what he was doing. Dude was a rock star though on my transition team.

Actually, I worked with a lot of rock stars...if you have seen the video going around of the 3 Marine going down the hallway, get shot by a sniper, hits the one guy in the helmet... my Marine was the team leader, and another one of my rockstars.

Sorry for the double post.... but the previous one could be misinterpreted to make out the guy in the video being the guy who was accused of using AAS. Not the case, but it wouldn't let me edit it.
Haha sombody always hot miking the damn com.. Damn dude got lucky. I had a guy In my battalion get shot in the kevelar, the bullet actually penetrated and knocked him out. He lived tho.

New Threads