Friend's Test Results

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a good friend of mine recently had his testosterone levels tested. I need some help interpreting them for him.

They are as follows:
Total Test: 253 (range is 160 - 726)
Sex Hormone Binding GLOB: 15 (range is 10 - 57)
Test, Bioavail Male>17: 164 (range is 48 - 317)
Test, free calculated: 75 (range is 20 - 135)
Test, free percent: 3 (range is 1.5 - 3.2)
Albumin: 4 (range is 3.4 - 4.8)

His history: Age 37, male, never cycled, bad car accident last year and has to take Vicodin daily for back pain, Paxil for depression, currently does not work out, no sex drive, difficulty maintaining an erection (per his say!).

He sees the changes I have made to my life and my body and he wants to do the same. He wants to work out but has a SEVERE energy deficiency to a point where it is starting to interfere with his profession (banker).

What do his test results tell him?

Thanks!

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Seems low to me. He should def see an endo.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thats low but it could very likely be the meds, he shkuld talk to his doc and prolly have them changed

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Opiates will do that bro. See if he can't er his meds changed.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test is definitely low! The good news is that his free test percentage is very solid! Vicodin has been proven to lower testosterone, as do all opiates. Paxil and other SSRI's have been THOUGHT to lower testosterone, but I can't find any studies definitively proving it.

I would suggest that your friend start by talking to his doc about potentially switching over to a non-opiate based pain killer if possible. Testosterone levels can also be raised/normalized through healthy eating. It's possible that part of the reason he is lacking energy is because of what he is putting into his body.

Regardless, he has low T and needs to get that fixed one way or another. Once he does, he will see a very nice level of free testosterone and will be able to make tremendous progress!

Hey everyone, a good friend of mine recently had his testosterone levels tested. I need some help interpreting them for him.

They are as follows:
Total Test: 253 (range is 160 - 726)
Sex Hormone Binding GLOB: 15 (range is 10 - 57)
Test, Bioavail Male>17: 164 (range is 48 - 317)
Test, free calculated: 75 (range is 20 - 135)
Test, free percent: 3 (range is 1.5 - 3.2)
Albumin: 4 (range is 3.4 - 4.8)

His history: Age 37, male, never cycled, bad car accident last year and has to take Vicodin daily for back pain, Paxil for depression, currently does not work out, no sex drive, difficulty maintaining an erection (per his say!).

He sees the changes I have made to my life and my body and he wants to do the same. He wants to work out but has a SEVERE energy deficiency to a point where it is starting to interfere with his profession (banker).

What do his test results tell him?

Thanks!

New Threads