SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL@ the "Thickness Division" :)

What's next - the "Buxom Division" ?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I went to a show recently that had a bikini division. Honestly, I am surprised in this day of political correctness it exists.

It’s like some creepy old bastard said , “ and then We’ll have the women face the back and stick out their asses” and the women were like “ okay!”

It seriously felt inappropriate to be sitting there with my wife watching it.

The “thick “ division will be even worse.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
As if they don't have enough divisions already. Doesn't more divisions mean less prize money is handed out?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bring back Bev Francis. Regardless of what one thought of the look, everyone can appreciate the hard work, discipline, and sacrifice, it took her to get there. It’s that that deserves a trophy.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Bring back Bev Francis. Regardless of what one thought of the look, everyone can appreciate the hard work, discipline, and sacrifice, it took her to get there. It’s that that deserves a trophy.

Pardon my ignorance, are you talking about the gym or a powerlifting contest?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

She was a female bodybuilder from the 90s. Amazingly muscular for a female and consistently overlooked for a more slender physique.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I went to a show recently that had a bikini division. Honestly, I am surprised in this day of political correctness it exists.

It’s like some creepy old bastard said , “ and then We’ll have the women face the back and stick out their asses” and the women were like “ okay!”

It seriously felt inappropriate to be sitting there with my wife watching it.

The “thick “ division will be even worse.

I'm 100% with you. I never understood that, thought it was demeaning and having no place in the sport.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score

She was a female bodybuilder from the 90s. Amazingly muscular for a female and consistently overlooked for a more slender physique.

She was a world champion PL before she switched to IFBB. Rachel McLish was the 1st Ms O back before women had different divisions to choose from. Rachel was feminine-buff-tone and not offensive to the general public, exactly what the Weider brothers had in mind imo. She was also not at all offensive to Matt Mendenhall, a top male BB of the day. When Bev came along, the great debate began ..... what exactly did the public, and the Weiders, want when the latter created this new revenue stream, and this is what led to all the divisions we have today. Women have come along since Bev who out-offended the public, but it was she who launched the bigger-is-better movement.

Her gym, owned and operated by her + husband, is THE place of choice to train for any of the Pros who have reason to be in/near NYC.

New Threads