Anti-Aging...

Whackor

Lady Member
Reaction score
I've been watching this lonely thread for a while so I'll guess I'll step in. I can safely assume I am the oldest chick in SI. I'll be the first to say getting older does indeed suck! You should never ask a lady her age. Some could say I am half a century plus, which sounds close to being from Dark Shadows. Or some say I'm a GMILF, which before that I a was MILF. I am 52. Does that make me twice as smart as someone 26?

Hitting 50 for women is a milestone. I was ok at 50. But the last 2 years have made a big difference. It's harder to keep the hour glass figure simply due to physiology, genetics, hormones etc. No need to go into details. However I just dropped my 1st quarter in the Estrogen patch machine. Currently running hgh, now on 12 weeks.

The healthy diets most are on, lots of water, staying out of the sun and moisturizing will go along way. Ladies, if your not moisturizing now, start. I've also worn sun visors since I was 17. Allow sun anywhere but your pretty face. Remember Jack Lalane....even that stud muffin could not evade father time. But today's options are better than what he had. Tick Tock....

Whackor

Lady Member
Reaction score
3 months into hgh, what are you noticing sis?

Good question Zeek because I've been wondering that myself. Early on was the crazy vivid dreams most report on, not so much anymore. Never exp any joint pain or hand tingle/numbness. Running 1iu upon waking and eating 2 hours later. I believe I may be a "high responder".

As far as my skin, haven't noticed any changes. My hair seems to be growing a bit faster. It has helped my "well being" unless that is just the psych behind it. The most notable would be the fat loss around injection sites where I pin, abdomen. All my countless hours of reading indicate that is expected. Other than that, I'll just keep coasting with it and report back in another couple of months to this thread.

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wise words Whackor :)

I personally don't mind (yet) when I'm asked my age, I feel better in general now in my 30's than I did in my 20's. I'm more confident in my own skin, many things about getting older suck of course, and I'm not in my 50's so I cannot say how I will feel when I get there, but for now I'm happy with where I'm at.
I think getting older is a state of mind in a way, getting there being reasonably happy vs being resentful and bitter..
u have to keep your heart young & never stop laughing ... & of course 2 iu's of RIPS ED help too :D

You are an inspiration to us ladies Whackor, keep it up ! ;)

MTgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
Not quite close to my 50's yet, but I am so much happier in my 30's then my 20's. I'd rather forget most of that decade to be honest with you. I value my life more now in terms of quality and I'm much more relaxed and laid back. I laugh a lot and I notice tiny laugh lines showing in my face a bit. I'm ok with that :).
I do think age is just a number and while I feel I'm a responsible adult, I'll still goof off with my kids and dance like crazy in my living room even though I'm a terrible dancer.

My 12 year old told me she thinks I'm the coolest mom and that was a pretty big compliment, especially since she's not embarassed around me where many kids her age tend to feel that way about their moms.

The only thing I dread about turning 40 is that I know my oldest will have graduated high school and be a full blown adult. My middle child will be entering high school and my youngest will be entering middle school. I'm just not ready to think that far ahead yet in terms of the kiddos growing up.

Z

Zeek

how are things looking for you MT with the big thing you had going on? i feel strongly that they arte in fact wrong and that you will be back on gh soon!

Whackor

Lady Member
Reaction score
Mrs P and MT girl... indeed age is just a number. I was at the same place you two are at in my 30's raising kids, family etc. Doesn't leave much time for yourself or hubby's. It's like the cliche about wine, we get better with time ;) You have good times ahead of you both!! Not to push the kids out to adulthood, but all the changes to watch as they mature into adults is great to see and you will have more FREE time to go and do with your significant other!!! It's all good.

Mrs P... 2iu ED? No sides? How many weeks? I've seen some of your post re the well being and skin. What about your dreams? Still vivid? Mine where just crazy off wall crap for about 6 weeks. But they have subsided. Wondering if it's usual/customary or just because I'm a Whackor? LMAO

MT ... "My 12 year old told me she thinks I'm the coolest mom" OUTSTANDING compliment !! I'm sure she is very proud of you.

When I die I'll be skidding into my grave yelling "What a hell of a ride!"

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mrs P and MT girl... indeed age is just a number. I was at the same place you two are at in my 30's raising kids, family etc. Doesn't leave much time for yourself or hubby's. It's like the cliche about wine, we get better with time ;) You have good times ahead of you both!! Not to push the kids out to adulthood, but all the changes to watch as they mature into adults is great to see and you will have more FREE time to go and do with your significant other!!! It's all good.

Mrs P... 2iu ED? No sides? How many weeks? I've seen some of your post re the well being and skin. What about your dreams? Still vivid? Mine where just crazy off wall crap for about 6 weeks. But they have subsided. Wondering if it's usual/customary or just because I'm a Whackor? LMAO

MT ... "My 12 year old told me she thinks I'm the coolest mom" OUTSTANDING compliment !! I'm sure she is very proud of you.

When I die I'll be skidding into my grave yelling "What a hell of a ride!"

Honey, I'm a bit of a whackor myself ;) and that's not a bad thing at all..lol
I know I'm still young & raising young kids keeps u alive & kicking, but I do feel that with age has come a appreciation for what really matters in life, and enjoying life to the fullest, I'm more relaxed (except when the kiddos are driving crazy) lol
For the most part I don't care what others think as much as I did when I was younger, life feels less intensse, less dramatic.. everything gets put into prespective & at the end it's all good :)

I do feel very similar to Mt, I always think about my girls growing up & I'm not ready to see so far ahead either , for right now I'm enjoying them fully & my 10 yerar old told me the other day "Mom, I don't want to grow up" I felt a bit toubled at first, but I now see she's happy being a kid & I'm in no rush to make her grow up, I wnat her to enjoy her childhood completely & she's happy being a kid & that makes me happy..
I do wish at times I had more time with the hubby, & we do try & make it a priority to have daily adult alone time, because I believe a happy couple = happier kids & a happier family life, we have been married for 16 years & have never taken a vacation just the 2 of us, we have had our time alone when the kids stay over with the grandparents for a day or a weekend, but we just can't take off & leave the kids behind on a trip, I think we would feel so guilty.
My 4 year old starts pre-k now in august, so we will have some free time during the day just for us & yes, I will deeply miss my baby girl & I'm sadden she's growing up too soon, :(

but I cannot hide there's another side of me deep, deep, deep inside feels like this
FatBoyDDR.gif

I am still having vivid dreams, wierd & vivid, and yes my skin looks great, I've never had bad skin or suffered from acne, just looks fresh. (which I love)

Anyways, I do think just like wine some women get better with age~ & I bet your one of them ;)

MTgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
how are things looking for you MT with the big thing you had going on? i feel strongly that they arte in fact wrong and that you will be back on gh soon!

Good! I updated in my primo cycle log ;)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ahhhhhhh aging...LOVE IT...for now that is! I would be the second oldest on SI, will be 45 yrs young in August and I look and pretty much feel (minus PMS) better than I ever have. I have always lived this lifestyle (minus the aas until 43) along with taking care of my skin etc...good genes do help though!

I will honestly say I'm glad I have tried aas and gh and plan on using them as long as they do not interfere with my health. I do feel that age can be state of mind but not always as we don't all age gracefully on the inside or out. Quality of life is my motto! :)

MTgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
Oh Jen, you're an August baby too? Mine's the 18th. What's yours?

bah1a

Lady Member
Reaction score
I didn't like turning 40 at all! In fact, I think I'm still in denial. I got that from my mom, I guess. When she married my dad he was 9 years older than she. Years after they divorced she married a man 10 years younger. Hahaha.

I've been mixing Rips with Blue Tops (every other day). I didn't notice any difference at all on the blue tops only. I've lost track (I'll have to find the info of when I started it!) but think I am on gh for 2mths now.
About 2 weeks ago I started mixing in Rip (one day 1.5ius of Rips, one day 2ius of Blue Tops.)
I honestly think that my skin is now appearing to be a bit smoother. I noticed this just today, and was at first thinking it must be my imagination, but now I think it's the gh. That's the first time I've seen my body responding to it. I'm interested to see what the next couple of months bring.

Whackor

Lady Member
Reaction score
Now running good Rips, 1.5 iu every am. The vivid dreams are back. Makes me wonder if I had a bunk(s) bottle prior to starting Rips but labs proved otherwise. Also on bio-identical hormone estradial patch now for 4 weeks. It's a low dose to start at .025 however I am going to inquire about increase due to the "pre-men" symptoms still lurking their ugly heads. Still trying to sort out whether the pre-men symptoms over shadowed the gh.

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% natural, no GH, I use good skin care products (Strivectin, Gerovital), I stay out of the sun (no beach for me), I don't eat junk food either, I drink self made fruit and veggie juices and try to sleep 8 hours every night.

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Now running good Rips, 1.5 iu every am. The vivid dreams are back. Makes me wonder if I had a bunk(s) bottle prior to starting Rips but labs proved otherwise. Also on bio-identical hormone estradial patch now for 4 weeks. It's a low dose to start at .025 however I am going to inquire about increase due to the "pre-men" symptoms still lurking their ugly heads. Still trying to sort out whether the pre-men symptoms over shadowed the gh.

I'm still having the vivid dreams 6 months in... what are "pre-men" symptoms ?

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whackor: "GMILF"! Love it! You're a younger woman to me!

I'm really interested in the GH comments - my doctor is fine with prescribing it when I want it.

For you younger peeps: Sex gets better. Well, with judicious use of TRT it does, anyway.

Whackor: Is your guy on it? Get him started - you'll enjoy it.

New Threads