N-Acetyl Cysteine and Glutathione levels

Cyborg

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, so from the way I understand it, supplementing with N-Acetyl Cysteine boosts intracellular glutathione. N-Acetyl Cysteine is in and of itself an antioxidant, however its antioxidative abilities are increased even more by the action of increasing glutathione stores. As we know glutathione is the bodys "master" antioxidant, as they call it. Also as I've heard, glutathione injections are used to detoxify the body of heavy metals and other toxins. The point of this is that I just recently started supplementing with this compound (N-Acetyl Cysteine) for liver and cellular health. The whole 1st week of supplementation my sweat had a very metallic smell to it, and I also had a slight twinge of a metal taste in my mouth. Has anyone else experienced this? I mean it must be doing it's job because my sweat has never smelled like that before. Also, it seems like I sweat more easily now, however I didn't have much of a problem in that area before.

Reaction score
Sounds very interesting cause if is that way may be you are detoxing your body with this supps. Did you ever try any detox system before?I know I do once a year for better health orgams and well being. Never use NAC but make me want to read more about it.

Cyborg

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No, I've never done a detox. Maybe that's why the effect was so pronounced.

Reaction score
It can be bro, I like to go a natural store where they have these detox tea or a complete detox(14days) systems in detox my body to avoid retention of extra toxins on me. It works fine plus keep you clean in the inside.

Cyborg

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It can be bro, I like to go a natural store where they have these detox tea or a complete detox(14days) systems in detox my body to avoid retention of extra toxins on me. It works fine plus keep you clean in the inside.
Cool. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

New Threads