Oxford scientists may have a vaccine by September

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Impressive initiative. If it does work we only need to talk the FDA into foregoing some of the US regulatory trials.

First large scale trials are to see if the vaccine kills people (you’d be surprised!).

Proceeding from those are bigger trails to test for effectiveness. Hopefully we can skip these if the manufacturers have made a safe vaccine that looks promising.

So..... who gets vaccinated and in what order? ;)

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Okay...

Why.

Why should I? Give me 3 Valid reasons why I should?

Maybe I'll consider.

Right now. Hard no.

Is there a vaccine for ebola? aids? sars? let me know if you know.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why should I? Give me 3 Valid reasons why I should?

Maybe I'll consider.

Right now. Hard no.

Is there a vaccine for ebola? aids? sars? let me know if you know.
Because vaccines work.

By 'work,' i mean that they stop the spread of communicable disease and reduce death rates in times of pandemic. No idea why you need three reasons, but I'll bite:

1. To ensure that you don't contract the illness

2. To ensure that you don't communicate said illness to those around you

3. To act as an example of a responsible member of your community in the hopes that others will put science-denial aside and follow suit.

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
I refuse to get a vaccine.
im with you on this. i think its great so we can live life again for those who take them but i have never gotten a vaccine and dont plan to start anytime soon. i dont know if my mind will change when i get older but right now im good

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Because vaccines work Indeed they do but, I dont want this on

By 'work,' i mean that they stop the spread of communicable disease and reduce death rates in times of pandemic. No idea why you need three reasons, but I'll bite:

1. To ensure that you don't contract the illness

2. To ensure that you don't communicate said illness to those around you If everyone is getting the vaccine. i shouldn't have to worry.

3. To act as an example of a responsible member of your community in the hopes that others will put science-denial aside and follow suit.

I am far from an example of a responsible member of, this community. I believe in a few vaccines. not all. i have a choice to put in my body. and unfortunely they will mandate this in order to work. which honestly, thats fuked up. in my opinion. you don't have to agree with my opinion

I dont agree with yours. I dont care what you think. it has zero affect on me.

just like abortion. it's my choice if i want to keep the child or not. and i shall not be judged if i choose that i want to abort.

do you get the flu shot every year? i dont

did you get the chickenpox vac? i didn't

My body. My Choice. Right? That is my right.

Are you getting most of you facts from the today show?

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am far from an example of a responsible member of, this community. I believe in a few vaccines. not all. i have a choice to put in my body. and unfortunely they will mandate this in order to work. which honestly, thats fuked up. in my opinion. you don't have to agree with my opinion

just like abortion. it's my choice if i want to keep the child or not. and i shall not be judged if i choose that i want to abort.

Somebody's awful salty this morning.

We're not just talking about your body here. We're talking about the safety of the bodies of those around you. Are you really willing to put your community at risk just to prove some nebulous point about bodily autonomy?

Reactions: Jin

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score

We're not just talking about your body here. We're talking about the safety of the bodies of those around you. Are you really willing to put your community at risk just to prove some nebulous point about bodily autonomy?

Collective guilt tripping is commie ****ery. I'd kill a million people with fire so 12 people can wear a klan outfit or swastikas and say hateful shit. Too many people thinking they can tell people what to do here lately.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I applaud the preceding two posts with equal enthusiasm.

There is right. And then there are rights.

I’m torn.....

But, in the end, have your abortion and forgo vaccination. Neither of those would be my decisions and they’re not mine to make.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Again,

Why?

I'll settle for other people getting this vaccine and take my chances.

I have never taken the flu vaccine and have never gotten the flu.

My immune system is strong because I make it a focus and a priority. Since day one, I have taken 0 extra precautions with this covid terror. No masks, no gloves, hand washing schedule has not changed and I go wherever I want. Am I lucky? Luck doesn't exist any more than gay unicorns.

This Covid-19 has turned men into mice. Terrified to have better hygiene practices. It is so simple to not get this. Don't touch your face, cover your mouth when you cough and don't invade other peoples personal space. It is that simple. It doesn't absorb through your skin. You can literally lay on an inch thick layer of covid mucus without being infected.

But hey, good for Oxford and the terrified people who love being victimized. Oh wait, if this works, no more victims. Ahhh, they will find something else, I am sure. Probably how pharmaceutical companies are profiting off of their terror.

German89

Elite
Reaction score

I am not salty.

I'm giving you my opinion. You are getting triggered because I have a different point of view.

I am not a robot. I too have feelings and emotions.

I have nothing to prove. I believe there is a hidden agenda behind the vaccine. And HEY. It's okay if you dont agree.

Just respect my opinion. It's that simple.

Be kind.

Do I mock those wearing masks and gloves and continuing cross contamination because, sheep cant seem to grasp the concept on how, cross contamination actually works. Nope. In their mind, they're doing right. It is. Okay. They are allowed to be idiots.

Anyways. Thank you, Jol.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't believe in forced vaccinations or the forcing of businesses to stay closed. This whole thing is a political cluster-fuk imo. And yes I personally know 5 people who have had and recovered from COVID - so I know the virus is real. However the way this thing is being handled is a total farce and power grab IMO.

But I'll get the vaccine if it comes out. Why not? Any micro-chip theory conspiracy weirdos who think a micro-chip in a vaccine is going to make you anymore "trackable" then you already are is deluded. You're every move can be tracked right now by nefarious people or gov't if they want too. Nobody on this board lives off the grid

CantTouchThis

Reaction score

I think your slightly ignorant towards the whole situation. Just because the vaccine has been made, doesn't mean we should all jump at it. Even with human trials and testing we have no clue what the long term effects are of this vaccine. Its the same premise with steroids; Who knows what some of the long term effects will be for some of the things we inject into our bodys.

An example; my brother got the MMR vaccine years ago and one of the side effects it had on him (without being technical) was that it stunted his puberty and growth. It stopped his growth completely and he is stuck at 5ft7 and it was confirmed by the doctors that this was the reason his growth has stunted.

This was after all the trials, tests and such. Due to the very very very very small list of sides effects which COULD occur.

I think it should be your choice what you choose to put in your body. I hope your argument about this vaccine extends to similar things, like alcohol, drugs, steroids, smoking. After all, you couldn't possibly justify this argument about a vaccine if you couldn't justify it over people that smoke?

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score

You posted Dear so I'm going to share my thoughts on your questions :32 (20):

"just like abortion. it's my choice if i want to keep the child or not. and i shall not be judged if i choose that i want to abort."

Agreed abortion choice is your business only.

"do you get the flu shot every year?"

No, I have never had it.

"did you get the chickenpox vac?"

No, I have never had it and never had chickenpox.

My body. My Choice. Right?

Absolutely and only your choice.

"Will I be getting the COVID-19 Vaccination?"

I will be first in line. This is not the world or America I know and love. This has the resemblance of a communist country... I'm looking for the Berlin wall behind me now...I want my life back regardless of what it takes. Being under arrest when I have done nothing wrong is making me very resentful and restless.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am not salty.

I'm giving you my opinion. You are getting triggered because I have a different point of view.

I am not a robot. I too have feelings and emotions.

I have nothing to prove. I believe there is a hidden agenda behind the vaccine. And HEY. It's okay if you dont agree.

Just respect my opinion. It's that simple.

Be kind.

Do I mock those wearing masks and gloves and continuing cross contamination because, sheep cant seem to grasp the concept on how, cross contamination actually works. Nope. In their mind, they're doing right. It is. Okay. They are allowed to be idiots.

Anyways. Thank you, Jol.
Ain't nobody triggered and ain't nobody being disrespectful. I will admit, though, that I find your conversational approach to be deeply annoying.

Just my opinion.