cholesterol, and what to take to lower it?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just wanting to get a consensus, on what is great to take besides statins (cholesterol meds) in order to hel lower ldl and elevate hdl, as we all know certain chemicals can play havoc on ones liver enzymes and cholesterol

so i am looking for suggestions, or even things people have used in order to lower ones ldl and help raise the hdl?

here are some items and even a posting by another forum of what they suggested one to do :

t
aken from ironmagazineforums: brundel a mod over there said this works every time:

Start 6 g fish oil daily and then here is what your going to want to do.

Go get regular niacin. Not no flush or extended release or anything else. normal regular niacin only will work for this.
Also go get a bottle of asprin and some coq10.

start with 100mg niacin empty stomach.
every 6 hours increase dose by 50mg until the flush becomes unbearable.

so say you got to 200mg.

Now, the next day take 81mg asprin and 100 coq10. 15 min prior to taking the 200mg.
Youll NOT experience the flush. Repeat again every 6 hours until you reach your flush point.

Take this combo every 6 hours when awake.
asprin+coq10 15 min prior to niacin...as much niacin as you can tolerate.

Your HDL WILL go up considerably which will help prevent plaque buildup in the arteries and will help clear out the LDL.
2 items one can buy:

i also saw some cholestoff by nature made i might throw in there? any thoughts on it?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CD0W8U?linkCode=xm2&tag=invihand-20

http://www.nutrasource.com/2047-Cholesterol-Success-120-Tablets-Twinlab.aspx?source=SingleFeed_Nutrasource&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&cvsfa=3333&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=32303437

so what are peoples thoughts?

for liver it is liv 52, and ive heard to use synthergine

open for discussion and replys!

thanks

ps a good guy on this sight has helped me go from a whoppping 309 total cholesterol level to a 239 in the matter of months due to diet alone!! but ldl is still way high at like 170 or so!!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You got a lot covered in your post. The one thing I didn't see was Red yeast rice & ya need to take it with CoQ 10 just like you should with statin drugs. Crap can't recall the amount ATM. Will get back to you on that.

Here is a link to an article & they mention some studies:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/red-yearice-000323.htm

& mention the effect on LDL...looks good

600mg 2-4x/day

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fish oil is worth a few points on my cholesterol levels.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i take fish oil,6000mg/day,also i take Niacin 1500mg/day to help raise my HDL and trust me it works,mine during cycle in jan was 19 supposed to be 40+ and this month after cycle and after taking Niacin for 6 months it raised it to 30 so i know its working,Crestor is the strongest statin out there and will help with both hdl and ldl,but i take zocor,i cant afford crestor lol

also ive been researching lately and your trigylcerides is close to being the most important to control,thats your sugar and carb intake,and deca just wrecks mine,but i keep a close eye on it and keep it in check

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Add 6-8 grams Red Rice Yeast daily and you should see a BIG difference..also helps with blood pressure issues. Combo that with Fish oil's and your golden bro!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Add 6-8 grams Red Rice Yeast daily and you should see a BIG difference..also helps with blood pressure issues. Combo that with Fish oil's and your golden bro!

ill check into it! thanks guys for all the replys!

Z

Zeek

Fish oil will indeed raise hdl levels but much less than most guys think. I take 10 grams of fish oil per day and I believe my increase from that was about 8pts to hdl. The majic that fish oil works is more related to trigs and drastically lowering those! and that is just as important as good hdl IMO!

The Niacin that causes a flush is also another great supp for lower LDL and raising hdl.

Foods such as olive oil, avocados, Walnuts are also fantastic additions to ones deaily diet that really have a great influence on hdl, much more so than just fish oil!

These are the things I take to help with things!

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok first let me say I had normal cholesterol b4 I took oral winni for 12 weeks (my bad) but I destroyed my panels it read 273 overall with 12hdl . Along with stopping the orals and using fish oil I used GW-501516 and in 1 month of 5mg ed I lowered my overall score to 104 and hdl to 27. I am not saying it was all GW but I think it is a wonderful (no homo) compound for weight loss and lipid adjusting I will go as far as saying that my endurance was improved during cardio a bit also . O best part I had no sides on a 90 day run .

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok first let me say I had normal cholesterol b4 I took oral winni for 12 weeks (my bad) but I destroyed my panels it read 273 overall with 12hdl . Along with stopping the orals and using fish oil I used GW-501516 and in 1 month of 5mg ed I lowered my overall score to 104 and hdl to 27. I am not saying it was all GW but I think it is a wonderful (no homo) compound for weight loss and lipid adjusting I will go as far as saying that my endurance was improved during cardio a bit also . O best part I had no sides on a 90 day run .

so only 5mg ed? what is this chemical supposed to be? a peptide i suppose correct? well, how long has it been and have u seen any rebound effects from using this chemical?

and man THE COST? seems pretty high for its useage?

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I started taking these for my bp and cholesterol and noticed a huge change in my bp and will check my lipids soon. My bp on cycle is much better than off cycle. All carbs also were low gi oats, beans and sweet potatoes. Someone else on 3J's (and would be on Spongys most likely) went from a lipid ratio of 5.2 down to 2.2.

coq10 600mg
garlic 2500mg
b-12 2500mg sublingual
niacin 500mg
fish oil 6,000mg
red yeast rice 2400mg
calcium 2000mg
magnesium 800mg
multi

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh shit I almost forgot...Green Tea as well! Have some throughout the day. Not that sugar loaded garbage either. Natural green tea..hot or cold works.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I started taking these for my bp and cholesterol and noticed a huge change in my bp and will check my lipids soon. My bp on cycle is much better than off cycle. All carbs also were low gi oats, beans and sweet potatoes. Someone else on 3J's (and would be on Spongys most likely) went from a lipid ratio of 5.2 down to 2.2.

coq10 600mg
garlic 2500mg
b-12 2500mg sublingual
niacin 500mg
fish oil 6,000mg
red yeast rice 2400mg
calcium 2000mg
magnesium 800mg
multi

ok seems like a big list of stuff, but if i were to add some of it, how did you dose all these as far as timing goes?

also "All carbs also were low gi oats, beans and sweet potatoes" so this was it the whole what 3-4 months? pretty cool man!

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just take them all post workout or after meal 5. I also have high gi carb pwo. These made a big diff in bp after 2-3 weeks.

Also, I ate avacados and plenty of good fats as well.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just take them all post workout or after meal 5. I also have high gi carb pwo. These made a big diff in bp after 2-3 weeks.

Also, I ate avacados and plenty of good fats as well.

ok cool thanks man!

New Threads