Pure Cannabis Oil (RSO) for muscle recovery / healing?

Miamiking

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used pure cannabis oil aka Rick Simpson Oil (not the CBD oils they sell everywhere) for muscle recovery, sleep, etc while on AAS or off? If so how long and what were the results?

Here's a link for reference about the oils I am referring to:
http://phoenixtears.ca/super-oils/

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Don't know anything about that, but I do use THC oil in a vape pen. I take only 1 - 2 hits about 2-3 hours before I go to sleep. It helps me sleep, and it also has helped significantly with pain. I used to wake up every morning with back, shoulder blade, and hip pain. Lately I wake up with zero pain, and I have no pain during the day either.

Don't know of this helps, but it's my only experience with non-CBD oil. I can't say if it directly helps with muscle recovery... but I definitely sleep better, and wake up pain free, and I can only imagine that those are good things for the body in general.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used pure cannabis oil aka Rick Simpson Oil (not the CBD oils they sell everywhere) for muscle recovery, sleep, etc while on AAS or off? If so how long and what were the results?

Here's a link for reference about the oils I am referring to:
http://phoenixtears.ca/super-oils/

I get more relief from a hybrid strain than rso

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I've been smoking weed eating edibles or doing whatever you wanna call it with thc for 20 years and never once have i experienced pain relief of any sort. Not saying it can't happen but come on its not oxy...

You may be waking up pain free because its relaxing you amd instead of going to bed rigid and stiff you could be more relaxed...idk tho just my .02

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
I've been smoking weed eating edibles or doing whatever you wanna call it with thc for 20 years and never once have i experienced pain relief of any sort. Not saying it can't happen but come on its not oxy...

You may be waking up pain free because its relaxing you amd instead of going to bed rigid and stiff you could be more relaxed...idk tho just my .02

I get pain relief, thats not why i indulge though.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fer me, the hippy lettuce is as much a mental relief as it is physical.

Used to have night terrors from when I was in Somalia. Would wake up sweating, full adrenaline dump, shouting at the top of me lungs. Missus Savage wasn't keen on it and I wasn't getting good sleep.

I prefer to vape these days, but just a small amount (.15 gram) and me head goes smooth and me body relaxes long enough to get bit of decent sleep.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Fer me, the hippy lettuce is as much a mental relief as it is physical.

Used to have night terrors from when I was in Somalia. Would wake up sweating, full adrenaline dump, shouting at the top of me lungs. Missus Savage wasn't keen on it and I wasn't getting good sleep.

I prefer to vape these days, but just a small amount (.15 gram) and me head goes smooth and me body relaxes long enough to get bit of decent sleep.

This is more along the lines of why i use.
Im happy you found some relief bro..... other medicines are a nightmare.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You guys don’t know what rso is.. It pure black oil that if made correctly will ko u out . Pain relief not really high as hell yes

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

Been smoking as long as you have. It was only after I fell off a roof about 2 years ago when I first started getting pain relief... up to that point I had been using it purely for recreation.

A friend also smokes to help her manage pain associated with her Multiple Sclerosis; which is an autoimmune disease that causes demyelination of the CNS... and effectively exposes her nerves which also get attacked by the immune system. For her the pain mitigation is dramatic compared to what I experience.

I can give more anecdotal reports, but there's no point since not everyone processes drugs the same. I will just post a link to a study if anyone is interested in the mechanism/action/pathway that cannabis utilizes to effect inflammation and neuropathic pain. There are many studies on this topic, this is just one.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/

With that said... I stand by my personal experience on pain mitigation and better sleep, but I don't think I'd say there is any direct action that would aid in muscle recovery.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
You guys don’t know what rso is.. It pure black oil that if made correctly will ko u out . Pain relief not really high as hell yes

Oh I've had it, its good stuff. But not my preference when it comes to pain relief.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh I've had it, its good stuff. But not my preference when it comes to pain relief.
Theses no pain relief really associated with thc from my experience

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Theses no pain relief really associated with thc from my experience

That would be why i prefer a hybrid strain with a higher cbd content, tends to help me... depending on the type of pain. RSO is also made using indica dominant plants for that very reason.

Last edited:

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Could you vaporize it? Like in a dab rig.

Yea u can smoke it. All it is, is a whole plant ethanol extraction on indica dominant plants. So its not refined at all.... so basically it smokes and taste horrible.... but u could, if u wanted smoke it and get high. Most people I've seen do so, rubbed it on the inside of a paper then rolled a joint.... its not used as a smoked substance because almost all other extraction methods are better in every reguard. The magic of rso is in the fact that it isnt refined, and contains all the variations of cannabanoids, and that is what is wanted when tackling ailments like cancer.

Last edited:

New Threads