Help j2048b quit chewing tabacco!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just looking for past chewers and ones that do now as im almost 35 and have been chewing since age 15-16, and only quit 1 time for about 1 year when i was 33 or so.

I really need to quit this god awful habit especially ssince my 4 year old boy keeps askig what it is and how its done!!! I dont ever want him todo it and really need to quit for both my own health and family!

Any suggestions, anecdotes (spelling) or ways to curve it to not using it?

I really dont want to take meds because the patch is crap, and the other crap makes u wish u were dead!!

So any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
J

Reaction score
Yo J Im quiting cigarettes and my goal is August 10 this year, I hope we can support each other on this. I quit chweing last August so I know you can do it bro. PM or let me know anytime you need some support.

Pikiki

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yo J Im quiting cigarettes and my goal is August 10 this year, I hope we can support each other on this. I quit chweing last August so I know you can do it bro. PM or let me know anytime you need some support.

Pikiki

Thanks man def!! I had read ur thread about the quiting as well, and now i wanted to ask how its been going?

Also any advice or vices u found that helped u quit chewing? Any new habits since u did quit both good and not so good besides the cigs?

Yeah we will keep in touch!

Thanks again man appreciate it!

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey bro - I'm here for ya too. Just recently quit chewing and had been doing it off and on for 12/13 yrs!

I started with cope snuff then eventually went to cope long cut then to skoal straight.

I had also stopped a few timed just to prove I could do it at will and it worked but I would always end up saying "see I can quit anytime but I don't want to right now so I am starting back up!"

A little while back I made the move to something more concealable from the family etc: Camel SNUS Mellow... tucked in the upper lip. 15 small pouches per can and you can get @ same club or costco in bulk. I began using these instead of the loose leaf stuff for the health aspect. it also made it easier to simply slow down the # i used at a time and how many times per day etc.

One day i just said fuck this man and stopped using them... i bought some nicorrette gum just so I had something to keep in my mouth but most of the time i end up using regular gum or none at all.

As soon as I stopped I noticed an IMMEDIATE change in the way my mouth felt after less than a week... if I bit my tongue it healed overnight instead of hurting all week etc. I also really slowed down the amount of energy drinks I needed too and since I have started my new diet I haven't had a single Monster energy drink (that was the kind i liked)

Shortly after my little bro who just got back from the Navy also decided to quit and neither of us have chewed in a good while.

Like kiki said... feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need help. SAME TO YOU KIKI. If either of you want my direct email or Instant Messenger to stay in touch about it just PM me because i know this shit can be hard.

OK boys... GOOD LUCK! Its for the better bro!

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good support topic!!!!...hell ive been dipping Copenhagen since i was 14 back in 1979,and ive neveer stopped since,ive tried many times,but to no success,i wanna quit to but damn its hard,i would prolly go insane if i quit

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good support topic!!!!...hell ive been dipping Copenhagen since i was 14 back in 1979,and ive neveer stopped since,ive tried many times,but to no success,i wanna quit to but damn its hard,i would prolly go insane if i quit

Bullseye you can do it bro and I will leave my offer open to you too. Feel free to reach out.

Starting at such a young age like all of us did (not sure about when kiki started) makes it harder because its just a natural part of your life and everyday business... shit i used to fall asleep with one in almost every night!

You realize at a certain point it doesn't REALLY make you feel like it did when you first started (light headed buzz feeling) in fact that was gone in a month after starting so ask yourself why you still do it? Habit... nobody asking us to stop or expecting we really will... LUCKILY no MAJOR reason has popped up for any of us to stop like cancer or something.

Obviously i want to see all my bros make themselves better, be as stacked as possible and live long and healthy lives.

Bullseye i know it is a scaaaaary fucking thought to change your life from something you've been doing for so long but if you want to try I will help how I can. Start small by reducing the # of your "standard chew times" by one... that can be one a day/week/month doesn't matter as long ad your progressing in some way. Slowly take it down. You could get yourself to a morning/evening chew only (2x/day) faster than you think... i did that in fairly short order simply because I'm impatient with myself lol.

Another good thing is to build a reward into it for yourself - i.e.: when you quit completely then Andro will post pics of himself in a banana hammock! (I WILL DO IT IF THAT HELPS A BRO) OR you can say that as you start buying less and less chew... and eventually very little or NO chew that you will set aside the money you would normally spend on the chew and then you can save that up to buy yourself an AAS cycle or some guns for shootin cow tippers or something ;)

Reaction score
Oh yeah guys lets keep up supporting each other. Desire is your best tool in this one brotha, Thnx Andro check your PM for my messanger

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah guys lets keep up supporting each other. Desire is your best tool in this one brotha, Thnx Andro check your PM for my messanger

Sounds good brother!

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive been skoal straight free for 6 months now. The military docs got me started on some sort of pill that has nicotine in it and you take them like u smoke, every hr, and it has diff mg's of nicotine so they start you off at a high dose and eventually weane you off lower and lower doses till your done. Oh btw with the pills, if you try to smoke or dip with it, you pull an exorcist puke. No kidding

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ive been skoal straight free for 6 months now. The military docs got me started on some sort of pill that has nicotine in it and you take them like u smoke, every hr, and it has diff mg's of nicotine so they start you off at a high dose and eventually weane you off lower and lower doses till your done. Oh btw with the pills, if you try to smoke or dip with it, you pull an exorcist puke. No kidding

Lol like the no drinking pills alcoholics take...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
bf, andro and pik,

thanks very much guys, yeah ive been saying i am quitting and telling myself this is my last can, and today i have 1 chew left (skoal mint pouches) and i dont want to go grab a can, but for some reason to me chewing is a bit of a man thing, and it sounds stupid, but i keep feeling like if i quit im loosing some sort of chunk of my manhood, wheras its the opposite and i could loose a junk of my jaw, and be disgusting!

haha and no dude i dont need to see any dude in a banana hammock! but AWESOME thanks for that laugh!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

was it chantix? or chantex, or something to that effect as spelling goes?

if so do a lot of research on that shit, it causes a bunch of shit to happen besides nicotine stopping!

thats cool though wish i could get something from the military, but im a civilian now and they only give it to the military.

and congrats 6 months free is AWESOME!! i quit for 1 year straight 1 time a few years ago, but im just gonna have to do what andro said and reduce my daily intake of bags of crap to my face, and go from there!

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
bf, andro and pik,

thanks very much guys, yeah ive been saying i am quitting and telling myself this is my last can, and today i have 1 chew left (skoal mint pouches) and i dont want to go grab a can, but for some reason to me chewing is a bit of a man thing, and it sounds stupid, but i keep feeling like if i quit im loosing some sort of chunk of my manhood, wheras its the opposite and i could loose a junk of my jaw, and be disgusting!

haha and no dude i dont need to see any dude in a banana hammock! but AWESOME thanks for that laugh!

It doesn't sound stupid to me bro - i felt the same - I WAS FUCKING PROUD TO WALK IN A ROOM WITH SWOLLEN MUSCLES AND DIP PROTRUDING OUT OF MY MOUTH!! Theres a bit of a "down home" vibe you feel like it gives off as well as some "don't fuck with me i don't mind keeping this nasty shit in my mouth or biting your face off"

It was hard to give it up to say the least... but hey you asked for help so were here if you want it.

The man thong was just an example - not saying you are gay but most people enjoy watching other people doing stupid shit and again I'm open for suggestions lol

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bullseye you can do it bro and I will leave my offer open to you too. Feel free to reach out.

Starting at such a young age like all of us did (not sure about when kiki started) makes it harder because its just a natural part of your life and everyday business... shit i used to fall asleep with one in almost every night!

You realize at a certain point it doesn't REALLY make you feel like it did when you first started (light headed buzz feeling) in fact that was gone in a month after starting so ask yourself why you still do it? Habit... nobody asking us to stop or expecting we really will... LUCKILY no MAJOR reason has popped up for any of us to stop like cancer or something.

Obviously i want to see all my bros make themselves better, be as stacked as possible and live long and healthy lives.

Bullseye i know it is a scaaaaary fucking thought to change your life from something you've been doing for so long but if you want to try I will help how I can. Start small by reducing the # of your "standard chew times" by one... that can be one a day/week/month doesn't matter as long ad your progressing in some way. Slowly take it down. You could get yourself to a morning/evening chew only (2x/day) faster than you think... i did that in fairly short order simply because I'm impatient with myself lol.

Another good thing is to build a reward into it for yourself - i.e.: when you quit completely then Andro will post pics of himself in a banana hammock! (I WILL DO IT IF THAT HELPS A BRO) OR you can say that as you start buying less and less chew... and eventually very little or NO chew that you will set aside the money you would normally spend on the chew and then you can save that up to buy yourself an AAS cycle or some guns for shootin cow tippers or something ;)
brother thank you for the supportive comment,i will make an effort to start to decline my use and stop,i may aggravate yall for support,cause i will need it esp after 33 years

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
brother thank you for the supportive comment,i will make an effort to start to decline my use and stop,i may aggravate yall for support,cause i will need it esp after 33 years

Lets connect like kiki and i did then - thats ok

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It doesn't sound stupid to me bro - i felt the same - I WAS FUCKING PROUD TO WALK IN A ROOM WITH SWOLLEN MUSCLES AND DIP PROTRUDING OUT OF MY MOUTH!! Theres a bit of a "down home" vibe you feel like it gives off as well as some "don't fuck with me i don't mind keeping this nasty shit in my mouth or biting your face off"

It was hard to give it up to say the least... but hey you asked for help so were here if you want it.

The man thong was just an example - not saying you are gay but most people enjoy watching other people doing stupid shit and again I'm open for suggestions lol

YEAH BITE HIS FUCKING FACE OFF!! thats awesome right there!
haha no biggie man, if u wer it, sing the peanut butter jelly time, song!! haha

the other part that will get hard durring this endevour is the fact that im starting my masters degree at the end of august!! oh well, ill have to throw down some weights or something or keep a hand grip strength at the desk!

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bullseye if you can find those Camel SNUS pouches it makes it easier too... they have mellow and bold flavors. Bold is probably closest to copes flavor but mellow is a natural flavor but kind of sweet. (I have some leftovers@ my office if you'd like free samples lol)

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hey andro,
i tried the snuses but hated how much spit they produced, might try to go back down to skoal bandits, even though they taste like shitake`

might give the snuses another go around,

i also bought oregon snuff brand pouches that are like mints in a pouch, but they are fucking strong and give me heartburn

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
J-Bird the SNUS JUUS you are not supposed to spit it out... that was one advantage for me because i didn't have to carry a dip cup around and spit everywhere disgusting everyone around. Make big business functions and life easier and made me more presentable overall. Nobody could tell I had one in... heck i would give presentations with them in my mouth and eat and everything.

Trust me after 10+ yrs of spitting its hard to swallow (yeah yeah laugh it up boys) but try it and you will get used to it... remember its not loose leaf so its not as bad even with swallowing the juice. I loved when it would give me the hiccups (for some reason its the only part I miss lol)

Try them again...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
J-Bird the SNUS JUUS you are not supposed to spit it out... that was one advantage for me because i didn't have to carry a dip cup around and spit everywhere disgusting everyone around. Make big business functions and life easier and made me more presentable overall. Nobody could tell I had one in... heck i would give presentations with them in my mouth and eat and everything.

Trust me after 10+ yrs of spitting its hard to swallow (yeah yeah laugh it up boys) but try it and you will get used to it... remember its not loose leaf so its not as bad even with swallowing the juice. I loved when it would give me the hiccups (for some reason its the only part I miss lol)

Try them again...

sounds good man, will do!

New Threads