Cardio

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im planing to add cardio to my diet and training to speed up the process on fat burning. My ? Is , is it ok to do 30-40 min of walking on the tread mill on 3.0 and incline 3.0 after working out? Is it too much?

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Do it after or your lifting will suffer!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always do some form of cardio after lifting 30 to 40 min.I like to run, bike ride, swim shit like that.Man ill even go rollerblading im nasty on some blades.....

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
On days I'm lifting I switch between HIIT and 2-3miles of steady state running... keep it to 20min...if it's an off day I'll do 35+min

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I run the he cookie jar, do sprints to the pizza and will knock anyone down in my way for ice cream!

Reaction score
HIIT is hard as hell but is the best carido and POB recommend it lol ;)

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
HIIT is where it's at. Although I don't really do cardio unless I go to the gym with my girl. Then she grabs me by the balls and drags me to the stair stepper lol only cardio I really get is sweating like a mofo in the heat running my ass off at work and fucking lol

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do the boxing on the Wii fitness section... run that for 30+ minutes and just make sure you stay moving on your feet (on your toes as if you were actually boxing between the fights & knockdowns) and you will be fucking DRENCHED and tired in no time its awesome. I will do the tennis to warm up before boxing lol

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personally, I do treadmill at 2.8 mph and use the incline to keep my heart rate in the 120-130 zone. I have found this to be the zone where my body burns fat. When I'm trying to lose weight I go 30 minutes after every workout.
There was a time when I would run. For me this is catablic. I love to run but when I do it is impossible for me to gain or maintain muscle. Once I figured this out I started researching fat burning and for my age, height and weight I can up with the 120-130 it has worked well for me. When I am trying to add weight, recomp or maintain I drop the number of days in mainance mode I only do 1 day a week. This is more for heart helth than anything.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stepmill 20-30 min at a brisk pace fasted in the AM melts the fat off me. I wake up, take my clen, green tea extract, and GH, then hit the stepmill and sip BCAAs while I'm on it. No muscle lost, fat goes bye bye.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I usually do 30 min after every workout:)

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stepmill 20-30 min at a brisk pace fasted in the AM melts the fat off me. I wake up, take my clen, green tea extract, and GH, then hit the stepmill and sip BCAAs while I'm on it. No muscle lost, fat goes bye bye.

ok, wtf is a stepmill?

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im planing to add cardio to my diet and training to speed up the process on fat burning. My ? Is , is it ok to do 30-40 min of walking on the tread mill on 3.0 and incline 3.0 after working out? Is it too much?

I don't think is too much, if u find that a 3.0 incline is challanging enough and it keeps your heart rate up, then it's fine.

My favorite form of cardio for fat loss is HIIT, I'm not doing it now, but when I want to lean out fast nothing works better... I do it 3 x a week on my off days...HIIT is great when lookign to shed fat because it increases the amount of calories you burn during your exercise session and afterward because it increases the length of time it takes your body to recover from each exercise session, it allows u to use fat as fuel and limits muscle loss since sessions are most shorter than traditional cardio ( I usually do 20-30 min sessions, including 5 min cooldown)...
it's not "easy" it's pretty physically demanding, but it's all worth it IMO.

I now do either 20 min on the threadmill at a 10.0 (which is as high as my threadmill goes) & another 10 minutes of cuircuits.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've heard of some bad ass mutha fukas doing Zumba. Talk about being hard core.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been doing research on cardio latley I have found that its really up to you and your goals. The most interesting study I have found is here

http://superhumanradio.com/shr-1119...raining-interfere-with-strength-training.html

This is a link to a pod cast with the doctor who ran the study you can then read the study if the pod cast does not cover enough. It basically says aerobic cardio blunts strength gains. This leaves me to wonder what about us "enhanced lifters" I made great gains with heavy cardio before and after lifting while on cycle. I wonder had I skipped all the cardio would I have made better gains?

The study also says that the best cardio to do while training for strength is HIIT not on the muscles you lifted that day so dont run on leg day. I dont know if buy the study though. It is done on individual training sessions not long term.

I love cardio reading up on it had me switch from long steady runs to HIIT training and I pulled my calve. I think it comes down to what works for you. My body responds very well to long steady runs it sheds fat well and I while I haven't made any real strength gains off cycle (who does?) I haven't lost much either. I just cant quit the cardio it brings so many endorphins to the surface for me and I associate it with getting lean I feel like I am putting on fat mentally if I don't run

New Threads