PrivateMDLabs - Which Blood Tests to order

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So looking through their lists of tests there is a million choices.

Anybody know what a good set of tests to run would be.

I was thinking - Hormone Panel for Males - is that the best one to use for all the basics? The other thing was for Growth Hormone tests to establish a baseline. Is there anything else necessary to track?

And to cap it off - do you guys recommend anonymous or not?

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So looking through their lists of tests there is a million choices.

Anybody know what a good set of tests to run would be.

I was thinking - Hormone Panel for Males - is that the best one to use for all the basics? The other thing was for Growth Hormone tests to establish a baseline. Is there anything else necessary to track?

And to cap it off - do you guys recommend anonymous or not?

As POB says... Female hormone panel. I put my real info because its a private lab they don't share your info...

OCDude

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Also, go to retailmenot.com and search for coupon codes

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Will do. Ok is that this one?

Advanced Female Hormone Panel

Description: Comprehensive hormone panel to guide bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.

Includes:
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate
Estradiol
Estrogens (Total), Serum
Estrone
Testosterone (Free) , Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
Progesterone

Patient Instructions: If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results. Estrone Testing Nonpregnant patients only. No radioisotopes/isotopes administered 24 hours prior to venipuncture.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, after digging through all the tests - and there are a lot of choices, it would appear that the correct test to order is the one below. The cost seems very reasonable - so there is no excuse for not monitoring your values during your cycle. I think i'll add a cholesterol test just for safety too.

Hormone Panel for Females

Description: ***Both MALES and FEMALES order this panel, please be sure to enter the gender that you want reference ranges for when placing your order, as each gender has different reference ranges for these tests. ***
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstruation stops permanently. Most women go through menopause between ages 45 and 55. In the US the average age for menstrual periods to stop completely is 51.

This panel will help diagnose the onset of menopause. Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.

Includes:
-Estradiol, serum;
-Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH);
-Luteinizing Hormone (LH);
-Testosterone, serum;
-Complete Blood Count (CBC): Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes.
-Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.

Patient Instructions: Patient should fast for 12 hours preceding collection of specimen. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results.

Categories: Hormones and Metabolism, Female Specific Tests, Infertility Testing

Price: $59.99

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thats it.. If you need the 15% discount let me know..

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good info. Im going to do this.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
that is it bro, then just add lipids or GH if you need.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what lab is this? how do you do a blood draw for it?

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
www.privatemdlabs.com - go to their website, put in your zip code and find the closest center to you. They will draw the blood for you.

Im lucky, my closest center is just 5 miles down the road from where i live. Easy to get to.

Reaction score
Save 15% off of your total purchase amount at Private MD Labs from now until September 30, 2012.

Use coupon code f6hk8a2 at checkout. Please limit use of this coupon to three times.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Frustrating that the Male panel is so much more expensive than the Female, but yes - I've used this exact approach before and it gets you the results you need.

Best of luck with the tests, Mate!

- Savage

New Threads