natty test question

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know that our natural test levels drop as the day goes on. I work graveyards and I would venture an educated guess that your natural test levels change according to one's sleep patterns. The only kicker is that on Fridays and Saturdays I sleep at night. Just curious on any thoughts that y'all may have on how that may effect my test levels

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm 29, been sleeping like crap, memory has gone to shit, libido has dropped off dramatically, feel like I'm in a constant state of confusion. Getting in to the doc for bloods.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yea i would get my total test,free test and estradiol checked,low or high estradiol can cause the same symptoms as low test,that way you will know,you are still to young for your natty test levels to be low

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I had a vericocele removed pre puberty and apparently it was a large one that affected that specific testicle

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your screwed up sleeping patterns will definitely have an effect on your test levels. Like the big man said get a blood test done & see.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Trying to get in today

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Went to see the doc today and while checking in his nurse, whom I know, asks what's going on so I tell her and she says hold on a minute. Doesn't check with the doc but brings me back paperwork for labs and says I'll see you any time Monday. I fuckin love knowing people in the right places.

Get Some

Reaction score
Good job, see if they can check your serum IGF-1 levels as well. Because IGF-1 levels are highest during sleep and if you're sleeping like crap you may have that working against you.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
Your test levels fluctuate throughout the day as it is. The products we use throughout the day, the food we eat, to how we feel all has an impact on our testosterone levels.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. Went to the doc today and was a bit disappointed. They only tested my test and PSA levels. Test was 327 and PSA was 0.8. Doc said that everything was gtg and I presented him with my research in that 327 was within the normal range but almost half of what the average 30 yoa male should have. Immediately he said "Ok, let's get you some testosterone." He is starting me at 200mg every 2 weeks and making me come in for my injections. After 3 pins he will retest the bloods, going to get the estradiol, igf-1,etc, for that one. Once we establish an average or high normal range he will let me self inject. He is a nurse practitioner so he can only write a script for 30 days at a time :( but he is very open to any and all suggestions i have as far as my treatment goes.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
Thats good to hear creek atleast its a start, I'm sure your dose will get increased I would shoot for 200mg EW instead of E2W.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The nurse injected with 1cc of 200 cyp ventro glute. I think she wants to be a chef instead. Was kind of like Emeril Lagasse. Stuck the pin in and was like BAM! 2 seconds or less to inject

Reaction score
LMAO Creek! Sorry to laugh at your pain. You are actually in a pretty good situation right now though. Do like he says, let him get you dialed in (mine was pleased to see me at ~700 on the day of my injection), and then when he lets you self inject, the only thing I would change would be the dose frequency, from EOW to 1x or 2x per week.

Not to contradict Till, but I would roll with as little Test as you need to feel good. Don't get caught up comparing doses with other people or worrying about the numbers (dosage or total Test). I am at about 120-130mg a week broken into 2 injections and the wife is asking if I am taking too much...lol. Not because I am ripped like a lot of the guys (and girls!) here, but because she can't change clothes, take a shower, or bend over in the kitchen without me dragging her to bed :D I know some guys need 200 or even 300 a week to feel their best. I don't.

At any rate, I hope your doc gets you dialed in quick, and you feel lots better! Oh, as far as the 30 day script, tell him you need to order 90 days at a time through your insurer's mail order program. He should be able to have an MD colleague hook that up for you.

Reaction score
Ace has gave you a nice and deatailed advice, very smart tho. Follow the Dr`s protocol till you can pin. I do only pins of 125mgs 2x week and IM feeling great. Not everyone needs the same amount of test to feel or get better.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Creek in my experience,200mg every 2 weeks is gonna have you on a rollar coaster ride with your hormones!!! trust me i know,i started that way to,and man it turned into a nightmare,once you get an injection the test peaks at about 72 hours and maybe rise a little more,but by the end of that week you are at the bottom again,and i dicussed with my endo of injecting 100mg/week instead of 200mg twice a week,i told him i was up and down emotionally with my hormone response,the first half of the 1st week i was great then it tapered off,and he worked with me and got to injecting me once a week which helped a bunch and i finally leveled out,i would talk to him and see what he says

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Got him to budge on everything but that bullseye. Told him that when he lets me self inject that I was going to do it twice a week for that reason.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just started doing that recently. Now that i know i can get syringes on the internet, i don't have to sort about going through the prescribed syringes so fast.
I'm doing 100mg twice/week and I'm think I'm noticing a difference.
My primary Dr. Won't prescribe AIs so i got some from a clinic through the net. The ignorance is sickening. She thinks my E is normal w/o AI's.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just started doing that recently. Now that i know i can get syringes on the internet, i don't have to worry about going through the prescribed syringes so fast.
I'm doing 100mg twice/week and I'm think I'm noticing a difference.
My primary Dr. Won't prescribe AIs so i got some from a clinic through the net. The ignorance is sickening. She thinks my E is normal w/o AI's.

New Threads