Cottage Cheese versus Greek Yogurt

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Which is better and why? I always eat the Greek yogurt but I just had some 2% cottage cheese with almond butter and it was awesome. Thinking of switching teams.

Any reason not to!

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
cottage cheese.. some swear by yogurt though..

i load my sweet potatoes with cottage cheese and sometimes a little spray butter.. i use cottage cheese in place of sour cream

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I like cottage cheese better. I have never had it with almond butter.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Plain Greek Yogurt + 1/2 scoop of protein + diced bananas

~300 calories
~35g protein

This is as close to "dessert" as I get..

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love chobani yogurt with olive oil!!! But the only way I can eat cottage cheese is the one that comes with pineapples

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I eat a quart of chobani daily.....throw in some blueberries......shit is delicious!

I like cottage cheese too, just barely ever eat it.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Try em mixed together bro. Its good as fuck. I gotta eat the vanilla Greek though. Plain is a little too much for me.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Greek yogurt, here. Fage 0%. 16 oz daily...mmm....blend that chit up and BAM! Just like a milkshake...sort of...

I also use greek yogurt in place of sour cream. Good on Messican food.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Try em mixed together bro. Its good as fuck. I gotta eat the vanilla Greek though. Plain is a little too much for me.

Same here man....shit is WAY to sour.

Gonna haveta try the mix though.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate Greek yogurt. Needless to say I go with the cottage cheese. The only down side I have found; generally speaking. is that cottage cheese has a much higher sodium content per serving.

Braw16

Reaction score
I mix vanilla with honey 1/2 scoop protien and almonds. Love it I also will down cottage especially at night. I like they are both slow digesting protien.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You guys that don't like Greek yogurt should try what I posted above (Dannon lite and fit) it is amazing...not like the others. Seriously.

Try it,
Vette

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Something about cottage cheese makes me gag.

0 fat Fage for me. I mix in a teaspoon of vanilla extract, cinnamon and stevia. Been putting oatmeal in it too since spongy added cals. It tastes pretty damn awesome.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Something about cottage cheese makes me gag.

0 fat Fage for me. I mix in a teaspoon of vanilla extract, cinnamon and stevia. Been putting oatmeal in it too since spongy added cals. It tastes pretty damn awesome.

Spongy added cals? You lucky bastard!

And the gagging is probably because plain cottage cheese is like eating cold vomit

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Spongy added cals? You lucky bastard!

And the gagging is probably because plain cottage cheese is like eating cold vomit

Cold vomit...that is a very accurate description haha.

Lucky? Prolly haha. He added cals, I cheated two nights in a row (prolly went over by 1000cals each time) and I lost nearly 4 pounds from last week...what the eff.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cold vomit...that is a very accurate description haha.

Lucky? Prolly haha. He added cals, I cheated two nights in a row (prolly went over by 1000cals each time) and I lost nearly 4 pounds from last week...what the eff.

Just keep doing what he says... Its possible you might actually be in a recomp. That could have been fat loss. I hate spongy. He was so mean to me. No pizza, donuts, chinese... nothing. Just some beans and some turkey and shit :(

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate Greek yogurt. Needless to say I go with the cottage cheese. The only down side I have found; generally speaking. is that cottage cheese has a much higher sodium content per serving.

I change from one to the other. I use Fage 0% also. Sometimes with clover honey and sometimes with polnar farms sugar free jelly.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Grind, go back and click on my link for cottage cheese brother. The cottage cheese I eat (in the link) has 60 mg sodium per serving and tastes completely different and better than regular (salt water tasting) cottage cheese.

If you try it, you will not be disappointed bro!

Much Respect,
Vette