workout schedule

mattyice

Reaction score
Starting in April my work schedul is shifting to M-Thurs 7a-10p and F 7a-4p for 12-15 weeks. That gna leave basically just weekend to w/o. Im thinking 2adays split Sat chest/shoulder Sun back/arms. Due to an injury i cant work legs. Will try to do some cardio 2x a week. What you guys think?

mattyice

Reaction score
Meaning... 2 workouts per day Sat and Sun. Too much?

whitelml

Reaction score
Do u have some equipment at home ? Maybe hit one only muscle group each morning before work. This is what I do when I get put on 7 twelves

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, plus u can do squaTs by holding two 5lbs -10lbs db on each arm . At least u can work them out a bit with light training.

mattyice

Reaction score
Do u have some equipment at home ? Maybe hit one only muscle group each morning before work. This is what I do when I get put on 7 twelves

No man.. why im thinking to invest in a set of Power Blocks next month.

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can workout on Fridays after work can't you?

Friday- chest
Sat- shoulders/ biceps
Sun- back/ triceps

Or not necessarily in that order, personally I do not like doing 2 push or 2 pull exercises the same day. Jmo. Oh and that is one hell of a work schedule lol.

Cashout

Reaction score
Meaning... 2 workouts per day Sat and Sun. Too much?

No. Not too much but it would really be dictated by your goal. I did 2-a-days, 6 days a week for 5 straight years when I was competing.

No doubt about it those were the best growth years of my life. It requires a lot of time management.

mattyice

Reaction score
No. Not too much but it would really be dictated by your goal. I did 2-a-days, 6 days a week for 5 straight years when I was competing.

No doubt about it those were the best growth years of my life. It requires a lot of time management.
thanks cashout... Do you think each muscle group x2 a day is not counterproductive provided i eat accordingly and rest? Or just hit chest am and shoulders pm?

im thinking 4 exercises 7 sets 3 warm 4 working.

Cashout

Reaction score
thanks cashout... Do you think each muscle group x2 a day is not counterproductive provided i eat accordingly and rest? Or just hit chest am and shoulders pm?

im thinking 4 exercises 7 sets 3 warm 4 working.

I tried it a couple of different ways when I was doing two-a-days an the configuration that I started with was this:

AM - PM
Monday Calves/Hams - Quads
Tuesday Chest - Back
Wed. Arms - Shoulders
Thursday Calves/Hams - Quads
Friday Chest - Back
Saturday Arms - Shoulders
Sunday Off Off

I changed it up as some body parts responded better than others over those years.

Again, I was strictly bodybuilding so this might not work for someone who is try to train for strength or powerlifting.

mattyice

Reaction score
Thanks.. Im training to not become a worthless fatass over the next 3-4 months. My only goalis too not lose motivation and current lifts.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Starting in April my work schedul is shifting to M-Thurs 7a-10p and F 7a-4p for 12-15 weeks. That gna leave basically just weekend to w/o. Im thinking 2adays split Sat chest/shoulder Sun back/arms. Due to an injury i cant work legs. Will try to do some cardio 2x a week. What you guys think?

Your work schedule is 7am-10pm is that
Correct? Damn and I thought my hours
We're bad. What do you do?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Friday saturday sunday, full body workouts, eatclean all week !!

mattyice

Reaction score
Your work schedule is 7am-10pm is that
Correct? Damn and I thought my hours
We're bad. What do you do?

Yep.. Im a pipefitter/welder. I need to complete a certain amt of hours in order obtain certificatiins i need to an upcoming project. Company will certify me free of charge but i must work an additional 240 hours over the next 12-15 weeks.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
plus with a three day full body workout, doing strip sets, on the main lifts, and possibly cardio thru the rest of the week, or even p90x, because it incorporates weights and cardio, could be doable, or just simple steady state cardio for 30-45 min at say level 7 would do u very well!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow i was a welders helper for my uncle, wow talk about long hours but man pay was freaking un real!! cooking food in foil on the engine while we worked haha good times, and having blow backs from gas lines, freaking a! scarry crap!!

New Threads