Sofrito

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
so as many as u know bodybuilders and power lifters eat alot of meat and what gives meat a great taste is the seasoning . well strap up and walk with me ur going into sofrito 101 class:D

first of all this is the meaning of sofrito by wikipedia "Sofrito or refogado is a sauce used as a base in Spanish, Portuguese, and Latin American cooking. Preparations vary, but sofrito typically consists of aromatic ingredients cut into small pieces and sauteed or braised in cooking oil."

the items u need to make this is a blender, onions , red peppers ,green peppers, garlic, cilantro and oregano. u first need to put a cup of water in the blender and cut up some of the peppers and add them in also add the half of the garlic of jar, 3 onions and cilantro like 2 stalks and a pinch of oregano. blend all that up and put it in the jar and repeat the same process. i love this stuff and i use this to season all my meat. gives it a great taste. plus it will last u like a month depending how much u use . here r some pics

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
nice one jada i was gunna post my recipe too.but yo beat me to the punch. mine looks better though you gotta admit.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
actually heros looks like salsa dip.
and jadas looks like most.
I call mine "especias" puerto rican for herbs....

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad at all, now you need some organic tortilla chips.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
:facepalm: you don't eat it raw tilly.... you use this as your base with oil when you cook.

creollo cooking

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jada, I need some sort of change, I am going to smack this up tonight!

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been unknowingly making this. I put it on everything. Delicious.