The endo just lied to me

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Met with an endocrine doctor this morning. She agrees I either need to try clomid or trt. For trt she would do one injection every two weeks. Or the gel. I said no way to the gel because of the risk of transfer.

For the injections I would have to present myself at the office every other week for the injection.

I asked why would I have to come in for shots and she stated "because it's a controlled substance."

I will be seeking a second opinion from a urologist after I get a psa to rule out prostate issues.

There is no way to describe how angry I am that she lied and stated that I am not allowed by law to do these injections myself because it's a controlled substance. But oxycontin... that's cool.

The pharmacy stocks it. Why would they do that then?

Reactions: DF

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My Dr. was going to let me take the injects home and do them myself!!

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
she is full of it, i take mine at home

Reaction score
I hate shit like that, there's no reason for that. If she's not comfortable with you taking it home than just fkn say it don't lie about it!

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Explain to them they are wrong and show evidence of many doctors letting their patients self-inject of find a new doctor. No use in wasting copays every time you want to pin.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
She also carried on about how they "manage low end levels" meaning we won't give you much either... They picked the wrong guy to try and deny...

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ah, jeeze it figures. Another reason why guys go to trt clinics. Hopefully the urologist will be a bit more helpful.

GuerillaKilla

Peanut Butter ****Sock
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My PCP doc gave me my scrip no problem. Take home 5 bottles at a time. No questions asked.

Docs work for you, not the other way around.

Get a new doc bro.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My PCP doc gave me my scrip no problem. Take home 5 bottles at a time. No questions asked.

Docs work for you, not the other way around.

Get a new doc bro.

HEading back to the PCP. He said he would script it, but was not well read on the subject and that's why we went to the endo. I should have hit her with a potato

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score

You're lucky in that sense!
Mine only lets me take the one bottle and I have to have the Dr call it in every time I want to re-up.

HEading back to the PCP. He said he would script it, but was not well read on the subject and that's why we went to the endo. I should have hit her with a potato

If it's anything like the endo's I've been dealing with, you'll have many an opportunity to potato her.
Good luck PoB!

Last edited:

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is why I've chosen to self prescribe. Someday when I have the time ill go thru the legal process and get scripted but for now I don't see the need. Besides, The black market is cheaper than wallgreens from what I've seen

Good luck PoB, it will take some time/money to find a doctor that's willing to work with you. But it's better than a prison cell

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Boston. Methadone clinic on every corner, and free needles for all the junkies.

Need TRT - No way.

GuerillaKilla

Peanut Butter ****Sock
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like dealing with my PCP, and not being referred out to someone new who will look at me and think "jewcehead". I cant even buy pins over the counter because they take one look and thats that.

POB, you already know this I am sure, but be honest with your PCP. They NEED to know everything just in case shit goes south for some reason.

And for the record, your mother is the only person i know that should be hit with potatoes, thats just weird man. weird.

f.r.a.n.k.

Reaction score
We sometimes forget how greedy docs can be...it's a business...and unfortunately healthcare and capitalism don't mix well...someone will always be getting ****ed over.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like dealing with my PCP, and not being referred out to someone new who will look at me and think "jewcehead". I cant even buy pins over the counter because they take one look and thats that.

POB, you already know this I am sure, but be honest with your PCP. They NEED to know everything just in case shit goes south for some reason.

And for the record, your mother is the only person i know that should be hit with potatoes, thats just weird man. weird.

My PCP knows exactly what I've been doing. Compounds, doses etc... He doesn't always understand what I am saying, but he helps keep an eye on things... Calling him first thing tomorrow morning.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
finds a mens clinic. Theres lots of around here that WANT to script you to tes........my lady use to work at one til she realized what a joke the "clinic" was.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
POB as you know you've got many options. There are trt clinics, Natualpath's, and other Dr's who specifically assist patients to manage their hormone.

My doc is a Naturalpathic Dr. and is on trt himself so he understands exactly what I am going through and doing.

IMO dealing with a woman Dr. is not the way to go for a men's hrt program.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
POB as you know you've got many options. There are trt clinics, Natualpath's, and other Dr's who specifically assist patients to manage their hormone.

My doc is a Naturalpathic Dr. and is on trt himself so he understands exactly what I am going through and doing.

IMO dealing with a woman Dr. is not the way to go for a men's hrt program.

No shit bro, when I saw on my paperwork when I registered that I was seeing a female doc I knew something like this would happen.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I been on TRT for almost 8 years and at the beginning it was a horror, but now I'm on 300mg a week, I do 150mg Monday and 150mg Thursdays. I couldn't be any happier. Also I do blood work every three months to keep everything in check. My Doctor wants my test levels around 800-100.

New Threads