Yoga for mobility

Reaction score
So this new girl I've been seeing invited me along to do some hot yoga yesterday and it destroyed me. The drive home reminded me of leaving wrestling practice after having to cut weight in a hot room. Some of the movements I couple do but obviously I wasn't as flexible as the 90 pound professionals.
I just wanted to get people's take on yoga and using it in conjunction with weight training.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I need to get disciplined about it. I think it could be huge for injury prevention as well as real important for a shredded core

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
I think it's probably awesome and ive wanted to incorporate for a couple years now but just dont have the extra time to commit.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My best year of powerlifting was the year I did yoga once a week and stuck to it. Smoking hot teacher didn't hurt haha. I quit when she left...new teacher was a weirdo and I couldn't go any other class time.

Reaction score
My best year of powerlifting was the year I did yoga once a week and stuck to it. Smoking hot teacher didn't hurt haha. I quit when she left...new teacher was a weirdo and I couldn't go any other class time.
haha man go find you a new hot teacher again. That's good to hear though because my programming has been powerlifting oriented lately and I notice I get really stiff even with my own mobility work. It’s actually really reasonably priced to. it’s only $11 for a single session and I’m also getting the benefits of a sauna sesh.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All them sweaty vaginas In yoga pants whith the heat turned up over a 100 degrees all gathered in one room? Yeah, I'd be down for that

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Definitely a wise choice. It will help you stay limber and create mobility and stability which will prevent injuries.

Reaction score
All them sweaty vaginas In yoga pants whith the heat turned up over a 100 degrees all gathered in one room? Yeah, I'd be down for that

Surprisingly it was like half and half dudes and chikas. But yes, lots of good looking women.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Anyone with a smart tv can do it at home with youtube......

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I have to take a break from yoga during my tren run. That could get ugly lol

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i never tried it..I dont like the how the word yoga sounds

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve been telling myself to begin yoga as I have very poor shoulder and hip mobility

El Gringo

Reaction score
there's many reasons to do yoga as a bodybuilder

1. increases mobility
2. helps eliminate toxins [increases muscles recovery]
3. increases blood flow [increases muscle recovery]
4. calms the mind [reduces cortisol]
5. helps the mind-muscle connection [I can easily get a pump on while in the down dog position]
6. sexy hot girls in tight yoga spandex are bending over in front of you

don't go to yoga classes where they make you work a sweat. that's for girls who think it's going to help them lose weight.
stick to Hatha or Yin yoga. they're slow-paced and focus on breathing and stretching.

try 20 minutes in the morning of deep controlled breathing and light stretches and working on your posture. You'll feel great to start your day.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
there's many reasons to do yoga as a bodybuilder

1. increases mobility
2. helps eliminate toxins [increases muscles recovery]
3. increases blood flow [increases muscle recovery]
4. calms the mind [reduces cortisol]
5. helps the mind-muscle connection [I can easily get a pump on while in the down dog position]
6. sexy hot girls in tight yoga spandex are bending over in front of you

don't go to yoga classes where they make you work a sweat. that's for girls who think it's going to help them lose weight.
stick to Hatha or Yin yoga. they're slow-paced and focus on breathing and stretching.

try 20 minutes in the morning of deep controlled breathing and light stretches and working on your posture. You'll feel great to start your day.

I'll add that focusing on single stretches at a time for 30 seconds of two sets for each muscle group of deep breathing will really increase blood flow and lengthening of the muscles. Also removal of lactic acid.

November Ajax

Reaction score
I didn't start doing yoga because of the hot chicks but they were a pleasant surprise.

If you are a true bro, you'll feel ashamed the first few times but it'll go away. If it helps you, you can say you are doing it because of your girlfriend.

Reaction score
I didn't start doing yoga because of the hot chicks but they were a pleasant surprise.

If you are a true bro, you'll feel ashamed the first few times but it'll go away. If it helps you, you can say you are doing it because of your girlfriend.

Well I wouldn’t say I’m doing it because of her but I definitely wouldn’t have gone if it wasn’t for her. I’m Diggin it though I did it again Sunday and I’m going to try to continue with it two times a week

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I keep trying to do it....start going and then I'm just bored with it........so stretching myself ...lol

November Ajax

Reaction score
Well I wouldn’t say I’m doing it because of her but I definitely wouldn’t have gone if it wasn’t for her. I’m Diggin it though I did it again Sunday and I’m going to try to continue with it two times a week

I only started because it's included with my gym membership, so I said "what the hell." I don't regret trying it and it's great because it makes me feel less guilty if I don't stretch after working out.

New Threads