Phil Heath documentary

Reaction score
I have zero interest in Phil. Might be worth the watch while on a treadmill or bike or something but I wouldn’t waste an hour solely on that.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I'm tired of his whining narcissist making excuses ass. I haven't and have no interest in watching it. lol rant over.

Haha! I got five minutes in and he was crying about getting 5th place, “Because I’m not 5th!” and I turned football on instead.
The Ronnie Coleman Netflix doc was awesome though.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha! I got five minutes in and he was crying about getting 5th place, “Because I’m not 5th!” and I turned football on instead.
The Ronnie Coleman Netflix doc was awesome though.

See, I actually really enjoyed it. Yeah, he's cocky and that can grate on the nerves, but some of the things he says are very true and applicable to the sport.

His comment about being 5th was really interesting if you actually listen to it again.

"what happened happened, I mean, I got 5th." Deep sigh. "I'm not 5th, but I was tonight and that's just the way it is you know? And that's just the way it is, that's bodybuilding. I just gotta bounce back. I mean, the measurement of a man is not how you win, it's what happens when you lose and what you do after that. So, we'll see what kind of man I am."

His reaction to 5th is incredibly human and genuine. Any of you who have actually competed should be able to immediately identify with what he is saying. You spend the entire year working your ass off, eating right, training hard, etc. Of course you are going to feel like you deserve it. Couple that with the absolute shit that you feel like on the actual day of competition and it's a goddamn miracle people aren't knocking each other out on stage.

I'm not a Phil Heath fan, but he's about as open as they come and he's worth listening to. Some pretty damn fine information in terms of the lifestyle comes from him.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
See, I actually really enjoyed it. Yeah, he's cocky and that can grate on the nerves, but some of the things he says are very true and applicable to the sport.

His comment about being 5th was really interesting if you actually listen to it again.

"what happened happened, I mean, I got 5th." Deep sigh. "I'm not 5th, but I was tonight and that's just the way it is you know? And that's just the way it is, that's bodybuilding. I just gotta bounce back. I mean, the measurement of a man is not how you win, it's what happens when you lose and what you do after that. So, we'll see what kind of man I am."

His reaction to 5th is incredibly human and genuine. Any of you who have actually competed should be able to immediately identify with what he is saying. You spend the entire year working your ass off, eating right, training hard, etc. Of course you are going to feel like you deserve it. Couple that with the absolute shit that you feel like on the actual day of competition and it's a goddamn miracle people aren't knocking each other out on stage.

I'm not a Phil Heath fan, but he's about as open as they come and he's worth listening to. Some pretty damn fine information in terms of the lifestyle comes from him.

Fiiiiiine!!
I’ll finish it while I work on my garage this evening.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fiiiiiine!!
I’ll finish it while I work on my garage this evening.

I honestly think it's worth it. Not the best bodybuilding doc by any means but it's a good watch

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I honestly think it's worth it. Not the best bodybuilding doc by any means but it's a good watch

Anyone who can get to that level of any career or sport is worth an hour of my time.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I just am not real interested in most of the bodybuilders today because the extreme reliance on drugs has changed things. Watching the extreme training of guys like Arnold, Dorian, Platz, and Ronnie is more my speed. That's how I lift. I watch these guys mostly volume training with low weights and obviously dumping unreal amounts of chit into their bodies and I just dont care. I know Ronnie was real heavy on everything but he trained like every workout was his last.

Ive seen some videos of phil training and I think I could hang with him sometimes.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I just am not real interested in most of the bodybuilders today because the extreme reliance on drugs has changed things. Watching the extreme training of guys like Arnold, Dorian, Platz, and Ronnie is more my speed. That's how I lift. I watch these guys mostly volume training with low weights and obviously dumping unreal amounts of chit into their bodies and I just dont care. I know Ronnie was real heavy on everything but he trained like every workout was his last.

Ive seen some videos of phil training and I think I could hang with him sometimes.

I’m not experienced enough to know if that’s true or not, but I do know that there always seems to be a big difference in sweat on the floor in old Arnie/Yates videos and most of the newer guys.

The great part about a thread like this one is, just from talking about all this, I can’t fukking wait to get there in the morning. I may move all the clocks forward an hour and put the kids, and myself, to bed now so I can fast-forward to the gym.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I’m not experienced enough to know if that’s true or not, but I do know that there always seems to be a big difference in sweat on the floor in old Arnie/Yates videos and most of the newer guys.

The great part about a thread like this one is, just from talking about all this, I can’t fukking wait to get there in the morning. I may move all the clocks forward an hour and put the kids, and myself, to bed now so I can fast-forward to the gym.

Lol. Kick ass man! I feel the same way when I watch anything about Dorian's training

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I dunno man, ive heard docs like Dr. Rand and Dr. Thomas O'Connor who have talked about there being pros and amateurs out there who are loaded to the gills, and then there are others who run 600mg of test. These are guys they treat and monitor.
Supplementation, training, and diet have changed just as drastically as gear has. Dont think you can point the finger at all of them and say its specifically gear.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I dunno man, ive heard docs like Dr. Rand and Dr. Thomas O'Connor who have talked about there being pros and amateurs out there who are loaded to the gills, and then there are others who run 600mg of test. These are guys they treat and monitor.
Supplementation, training, and diet have changed just as drastically as gear has. Dont think you can point the finger at all of them and say its specifically gear.

Well whatever they are doing, they look drastically different than they used to. The condition is just different now

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I also dont think that supplementation or training have changed much in the last fifteen years. Supplements still do nothing and the old training methods are still the basis for most every program.

New Threads