The biggest mistake when bulking

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Purely my opinion from my own experience and observations.

But you guys that refuse to let the abs go away for a bit by doing this lean bulk bullshit gotta piss off.

What's harder, gaining muscle or losing fat?

Building your muscles takes up more of your time and attention than anything else in your life. If you are a real jewcehead it's all that matters. So why would you leave gains on the table over some ab definition?

Seriously. Grow up and stay focused. You don't have to be a disgusting pig but you shouldn't look 3 weeks out either.

My personal metric was no more than 5lbs per month. Figure out what works for you.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
good post POB. 5lbs a month is very slow and steady and will provide maintainable results.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You tell em, Pillar OF Bulking! I agree. It took me many years to go from under 200 lbs to where I am now and wasn't from constantly bulking then cutting then back to bulking then back to cutting every few months.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what about gaining 1 lb a month............................

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks. I needed this reminder. I start to over think and want to bail on building muscle and, end up wanting to lean out. Sitting at 165 gets a little rough at the end of the day.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good post. It’s worst these days too with IG and shit because everyone thinks they need to always be ripped ‘for the gram’.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I needed this reminder. I start to over think and want to bail on building muscle and, end up wanting to lean out. Sitting at 165 gets a little rough at the end of the day.

Yep...I had two issues...

1. Not looking female

2. Can't handle fat at all and just love the feeling of being slim and cut

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Good post. It’s worst these days too with IG and shit because everyone thinks they need to always be ripped ‘for the gram’.

Just a fyi. If you follow any pros, some will only post pictures of their lean phase and never of their bulk. Pisses me off. Like fuvk off kunt, i know you dont walk around, year round like that.

Yep...I had two issues...

1. Not looking female

2. Can't handle fat at all and just love the feeling of being slim and cut

Lol. I know. I havent put too much body fat on but, 165, thats my max. Ill probably start adding cardio in. My goal is to sit back at 155, post cycle while still keeping most of my strength. I know some of it is gear bloat.
I do like the freedom with the diet. And i allow a chest meal once a week right now. Which i just had. Sour patch kids, some cereal and toaster strudel and half a chocolate bar, dog had the other half. Lmao... more like cheat meals. Oh well

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just a fyi. If you follow any pros, some will only post pictures of their lean phase and never of their bulk. Pisses me off. Like fuvk off kunt, i know you dont walk around, year round like that.

Lol. I know. I havent put too much body fat on but, 165, thats my max. Ill probably start adding cardio in. My goal is to sit back at 155, post cycle while still keeping most of my strength. I know some of it is gear bloat.
I do like the freedom with the diet. And i allow a chest meal once a week right now. Which i just had. Sour patch kids, some cereal and toaster strudel and half a chocolate bar, dog had the other half. Lmao... more like cheat meals. Oh well

yeah and then you have kids thinking they’re always ripped year round like that, and they’re afraid to eat to grow.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
pBcfXeT.jpg

German89

Elite
Reaction score
yeah and then you have kids thinking they’re always ripped year round like that, and they’re afraid to eat to grow.
Lmao

Yeah.. hence the word, "kids". They eill eventually learn.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great post. Abs are cool in the warmer months, but once it starts getting cooler, throw on a baggy sweat shirt, eat, and grow. Compared to putting on muscle, it’s relatively easy to burn fat; move more, eat less. A lot more variables come into play with muscle gains

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
spot on pob, bulking followed by a cut followed by a bulk will only mind fukk the shit outta ya not to mention what a waste of time and energy. I am happy with 1-1.5lb/week. Cardio plus the foods eaten in your surplus will maintain most definition and when ur feeling down about them abs hit a vacuum first thing in the morning in the perfect lighting and flex them sumbitches till u fart... still got it(kinda sorta) :32 (17)::32 (18):

Oblivious

Reaction score
are you saying 5 lbs a month on or off gear?

New Threads