SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL@ Kipping Squats!!

Well done!

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like it. Im glad there were people in the background laughing. These days its hard for me to tell who is goofing around or just being a dummy and working the latest fad in fitness. Ill take my weights, hyndu squats and push ups any day over the next big thing.

Cashout

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of guys as of late with "crossfit" injuries to the lower back, shoulders, and elbows because they are doing some of the crossfit events with crappy form and no consideration for the mechanics of the movement.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't hold back bashing these CrossFitters. I was recently listening to a CrossFit Cult Member, they even have gyms for them (talk about a 500sq ft joke). According to Crossfitters real gyms are "Poser Gyms". so all us PL's and BB's are just POSERS.

Yeah CrossFit can kiss my ass.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
not a big fan of the cross cocks

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Same here, not a big fan of these idiots. I have a couple of them that come in to my gym, think they are the shit. Poor form, horrible technique, and hide their poundages behind rubber coated plates (the big one the size of 45lb plate is 10lbs, if you haven't seen these.) Piss off.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
24252586.jpg

Reaction score
I was at an xfit gym for about five months and it was a bad experience. I had never done oly lifts previously (cleans, snatches), and the "onramp" program for basic training was wildly insufficient. Add to that the emphasis on speed and just "getting it done", and lack of close coaching or good examples to learn from (most other people doing the WODs have shit form as well), and it's a recipe for disaster.

Understand that in practice it's primarily an endurance sport. There are were some pretty big guys at my gym, but they just did the WODs for endurance (or maybe masochism) --- their "real" workouts were low-rep heavy sets of the big lifts (back/front squat, deads, power cleans) a couple times a week, just like anyone else who gets that big.

The biggest pain in the ass is that other than a few "open gym" hours a week, it wasn't a real gym --- it was expensive as shit (almost 200/month for non-students), but you couldn't just go in and work out if you wanted to. (And no mirrors, which can be a personal preference thing but I like to check my form on presses so it annoyed me.)

I only started to get something out of it when I ditched the WODs completely and only went to the twice-weekly "oly lifting clinics": almost nobody went, which was great, and the coach running it actually knew what he was doing. So I stuck around for a couple months of what was basically semi-private oly lifting coaching, and after I felt like my form was pretty solid I bolted.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate them with a passion.

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
watching the female cross fit competitions are pretty awesome if you are into girls that kinda look like dudes!

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
.........I don't know who this Kipping is but I am sure he is a God!

Fuck BB I'm signing up for crossfit.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just saw this guy's twin at the gym not an hour ago. I thought I was going to lose my damn mind. Hot GF though...
It was fine. It just made me train that much harder.