Melting point of Nandrolone Decanoate

Reaction score
There seems to be some misinformation regarding the melting point of Nandrolone Decanoate. I've seen it listed at 33-37C as well as 118c. I was curious to see if anyone here has done some melting tests on this substance.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I melted an ant with a magnifying glass one time.
hope that helps!

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The CAS# will tell you the melting point of any compound.....

There seems to be some misinformation regarding the melting point of Nandrolone Decanoate. I've seen it listed at 33-37C as well as 118c. I was curious to see if anyone here has done some melting tests on this substance.

Reaction score
I definitely don’t see anything in those numbers that would give me 118C

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know Scientific journals list the melting point at 118 and internet sites list it as 34-37. I was more curious as to what the melting point the forum members have derived. I’ll actually check myself in the near future. I just always assumed it was 118c.

Reaction score
I’m not here to be spoon feed. It was a simple question, mate

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Honestly it has changed because China changed the way they make it so it no longer melts at room temperature.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]It should start to melt when put between your finger and thumb feeling gooey

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Stop going by old info and internet info because they are changing things constantly! [/FONT]

Reaction score
Ok, the cas # is simply a number to catalog it. That will probably be the last question I ask. I’ll just check it myself.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Ok, the cas # is simply a number to catalog it. That will probably be the last question I ask. I’ll just check it myself.

You did nothing wrong IMO

It's hard to give accurate numbers on this because at one time the powder would arrive as oil because it melted during shipping but that is no longer the case today.

While brewing, you needed very little heat but today you need much more.

Reaction score
I just didn’t want to unnecessarily bring it to a temperature that it doesn’t need to be brought to. I’ll be sure to pay closer attention to melting points in the future.

Reaction score
Honestly it has changed because China changed the way they make it so it no longer melts at room temperature.

It should start to melt when put between your finger and thumb feeling gooey

Stop going by old info and internet info because they are changing things constantly!

You’re implying that the molecular structure has changed when the Chinese started producing it? My data was gathered from drug bank and a pharmaceutical data base from 2005. It had the melting point listed as 118c. I seriously doubt they were testing Chinese made Nandrolone. Interesting theory nonetheless.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
You’re implying that the molecular structure has changed when the Chinese started producing it? My data was gathered from drug bank and a pharmaceutical data base from 2005. It had the melting point listed as 118c. I seriously doubt they were testing Chinese made Nandrolone. Interesting theory nonetheless.

Fact, it would melt in the bag at room temperate

Fact, it hasn't done this in years

I don't care what books you read especially dated ones, my knowledge comes from a GMP factory in China.

Not trying to be a dick I'm giving you current data.

That is not the only compound to have been changed since then.

I will not discuss further on this issue or my information connections but will say this, many on this board will attest to my knowledge.

Don't overthink it!

Reaction score
You call them facts but you haven’t backed up those facts with data. My data point is referenced from the Drug Bank in 2005. Where it lists the Nandrolone decanoate melting point at 118c

I wouldn’t say you’re being a dick. Perhaps a little closed minded. Enough said, but I’ll post the melting points of various samples soon.