Civility, Unity & Polite Disent

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
UG is a great place but I’ve been told it was better in the past.

We need to get back to prioritizing brotherhood and unity above petty differences.

Lets work towards trust and unity. Let’s be compassionate, thoughtful, encouraging and humble.

Uncivil discourse or intentionally stirring the pot gets you a warning. After that, some time off.

#makeUGgreatAgain

DNW

Elite
Reaction score
UG is a great place but I’ve been told it was better in the past.

We need to get back to prioritizing brotherhood and unity above petty differences.

Lets work towards trust and unity. Let’s be compassionate, thoughtful, encouraging and humble.

Uncivil discourse or intentionally stirring the pot gets you a warning. After that, some time off.

#makeUGgreatAgain

Hear hear!

I will be giving out free hugs to whoever needs one. Pizza will be giving out unenthusiastic blowies. #MUGGA

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that cause it was amazing in the past-

I caught myself today thinking I probably started posting again due to chasing nostalgia

I realized it ain't ever coming back.

You new(er) guys will make the new version of UG. The wild west UG lives only as a memory for some of us members. Good times.

Well, time to leave here. At least I gave her one more try.

FD, don't worry-I will visit only to PM ya

Last edited:

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Funny you mention that cause it was amazing in the past-

I caught myself today thinking I probably started posting again due to chasing nostalgia

I realized it ain't ever coming back.

You new(er) guys will make the new version of UG. The wild west UG lives only as a memory for some of us members. Good times.

Well, time to leave here. At least I gave her one more try.

FD, don't worry-I will visit only to PM ya

A shame you feel that way brotha

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Well.. it was amazing because back then everyone knew how to take a fukkin joke and didnt get all butthurt over the slightest things.

A lot of the old members just arent active.. and if they were. Some of you would still be here.

Last edited:

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Yes but back then you didn’t have anyone as handsome as me on here

Well.. it was amazing because back then everyone knew how to take a fukkin joke and didnt get all butthurt over the slightest things.

A lot of the old members just arent active.. and if they were. Some of you would still be here.

Reactions: DNW

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Is this any different then our first rule?

1. Every member here is valued and appreciated. Everyone is to be respected, this is our number one rule. Zero Tolerance. Debate and discussion is encouraged. Flaming,name calling and childish fighting is not. Public call outs and drama is not tollerated.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
AH yes, we should long for the good old days when the Admin ripped people off, Pikki and the Admin pushed a certain UG, When BB was unleashed ( I do miss that ), When Admin would let anyone be a MOD & give the Mod's shit for tossing out the trash..... I could go on. Those were the days!

Those that long for the old days of SI ... I don't think they know wtf they are talking about.

Want more details... PM me

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Is this any different then our first rule?

1. Every member here is valued and appreciated. Everyone is to be respected, this is our number one rule. Zero Tolerance. Debate and discussion is encouraged. Flaming,name calling and childish fighting is not. Public call outs and drama is not tollerated.

The one we haven’t been enforcing? Yes. But with an added “stirring the pot” clause.

This was a heads up that we will be taking action from here.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will say that I'm not on as much and maybe I'm missing something here. The only one I see catching hell is hulk & he has always caught the shit.

Reactions: Jin

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will say that I'm not on as much and maybe I'm missing something here. The only one I see catching hell is hulk & he has always caught the shit.

They insanely thought I said to run Deca alone.

Common sense would have prevented that assumption. I used tiny Deca doses for joint relief PLUS whatever else I would be pinning.

Now that's cleared up, I can leave.

If I ever decide to return, maybe everything will be better by then.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with DF ... there has always been disagreements, bans, and end fighting ... the difference is the people who are still here and those who are not ... some great members have moved on ... as well s some not so great ... the truth is SI was more active and that was a different time ... so it's TRUE when people think things were better then ... but the reality is the was also more desension and trouble ... there was more of everything ... today although not as active there is still very good content and I'm proud to be a member here ... we just need to be aware of making most of today and going forward ... the past is gone ... the present is where we should focus ...

Last edited:

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The one we haven’t been enforcing? Yes. But with an added “stirring the pot” clause.

This was a heads up that we will be taking action from here.

When "name calling" did get enforced, everybody lost their freakin' minds.

I never agreed with anyone getting banned, either-only scammers and such should get the banhammer, IMO (we're all men here; men get over stuff instantly).

A guy just last night asked "please tell me why it's a bad thing to do (use Deca as a noob)" plus "guide me to articles where I can learn", and was told "No" and banned by a guy advocating "compassion".

I'm leaving now because I see a terrible storm coming, especially with that preview.

I hold hope that people who are potential members won't be scared off.

Good luck everyone.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm agree with DF ... there has always been disagreements, bans, and end fighting ... the difference is the people who are still here and those who are not ... some great members have moved on ... as well some not some great ... the truth is SI was more active and that was a different time ... so it's TRUE when people think things were better then ... but the reality is the was also more detention and trouble ... there was more of everything ... today although not as active there is still very good content and I'm proud to be a member here ... we just need to be aware of making most of today and going forward ... the past is gone ... the present is where we should focus ...

Thanks to my memory, I can tell you, without doubt, everyone got along way better in the past.

You never heard "feelings" being said, except to tease the members that brought up "feelings". It was a rare occurence to sees direct insults being used. No one got banned except for scammers/spammers/source nuts. Even then they got a warning. Also, we knew every post is an opinion, excluding any posts stating proven facts.

Now it's constant talk about "feelings", lack of common sense to know posts are opinions, insults bring thrown around, etc.

Sadly, if you check activity levels of the most recent threads in each section, most don't surpass 2 pages and lack daily posting in them. No one is making threads that provoke thought and questioning one's beliefs. The only thread that did get brains going was the "orals won't work thread". That's abysmal activity levels.

NOW my distracted ass can finally leave LOL

New Threads