high estrogen >4000 "total serum"

El Gringo

Reaction score
I'm on my way of getting prescribed testosterone and going on TRT through my doctor. I've been self-medicating myself for almost years now and have finally found a doctor willing to help. anyways in my first visit to him he did full bloodwork on just about everything (I thought I was going to bleed out after all the test tubes of blood that were taken from me). anyways all the bloodwork I;ve ran myself in the the past through privatemdlabs or labsmd, tested my estradiol levels, which were never higher than 52 pg/ml (this conming from at least 10 tests). I always thought that estradiol was the only number to look at when it came to estrogen.

the labs that my doctor ran showed my total estrogen serum levels. They came back off the charts. it read >4000. My doc said he had never seen estrogen levels that high before and has dealt with numerous steroid users. also estradiol came back at 129 pg/ml.

just before the labs were drawn I was running a cycle of test prop @140mg/wk tren ace @700mg/wk and dbol @50mg/day. dbol was dropped 3 weeks prior and tren was dropped only 3-4 days prior. I was running up to that point .25mg of anastrozole ed. I'm questioning the authenticity of the anastrozole but I've used the same source in the past and kept my estradiol in check, but I've never seen my total estrogen numbers before.

I asked the doc for a prescription of anastrozole, being that my UGL source may be shit. he prescribed it to me and I now have 30 1mg tablets. I've take 1mg for the past 5 days, and bloat and some weight has been going down. I'm starting to taper the dose down (these pills are baby aspirin size so it's a bitch to split)

Question is: do I need something like Letrozole to wipe out the estrogen, because from what I believe anastrozole only prevents estrogen from binding. Anastrozole would have no impact on my current high levels of estrogen. or will the estrogen go down on it's own after a few weeks?

Also, I;ve read that 19 noms like tren and deca can create false numbers on estrogen levels if the testing method is ECLIA test rather than RIA,LS/MSMS. I'm not sure which my doc used.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm just speaking about myself here but I have seen some goofy TE come back when on Tren E. So much so that I recommend to anyone who is going to run Tren, run their cycle for the first 4 weeks without the tren and then do the blood work. I feel then if for some reason you get some funky E2 or TE back, you know what's going on. I don't see any reason your results would come back so egregiously out of range on what you're doing.

What I would do; ask your Dr to test both your Total E, E2 and your Total Test. And this part you're not going to like but get off the Tren for a good 4 weeks before testing. My guess, and this is only a guess is that your Tren is Test and your AI is bunk.

I do have but one burning question; what gave you the idea 700 Tren was a good idea?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It was the tren that made that reading come back high. If you have not already I'd suggest you come clean with your doc. If not he may run off & start ordering tests that you do not need. I'd recommend getting more blood work in 4-6 weeks & let that clear out.

El Gringo

Reaction score
What I would do; ask your Dr to test both your Total E, E2 and your Total Test. And this part you're not going to like but get off the Tren for a good 4 weeks before testing. My guess, and this is only a guess is that your Tren is Test and your AI is bunk.

I do have but one burning question; what gave you the idea 700 Tren was a good idea?

thanks for the input. Everything that could be possibly tested was tested. E2 came back at 129[2-3X what it should be, total test was 69[in the reference range]. Growth Hormone, Thyroid, prolactin, cholesterol, etc... everything on the chart was checked off. He gave me the results which were about 5 pages long, unfortunately my dumbass left the paper on his desk. I'm going back in 3 more weeks. He's concerned about my sperm count so I busted a load at Labcorp and he put me on 500 iu/day of HCG. I'll get everything tested again when I go back.

I've ran tren e and tren a before at lower doses, and didn't notice much. some night sweats and a little hit to my cardio, but not really any results in strength or muscle mass. so I tried 700mg. still same results. tried 3 different sources. I'm convinced most AAS are bunk. you can check the authenticity of Testosterones by running labs and seeing your test levels, but you can't test trenbolones/nandrolones/drostolones/bolderones/orals. There's test kits and labs you can send samples too, but I'm almost convinced that these AAS from UGL's floating around have some kind of a masking agent that pass these tests as false positives. I've tried half the AAS out there and nothing compared to a time when I got real dbol. I gained maybe 10 pounds on my bench running this dbol and tren together and only put on 5 pounds. real dbol and a little test put 20 pounds on me and 70 lbs to my bench in 4 weeks the time I got a hold of it. and no, eating enough food aint the problem.

It was the tren that made that reading come back high. If you have not already I'd suggest you come clean with your doc. If not he may run off & start ordering tests that you do not need. I'd recommend getting more blood work in 4-6 weeks & let that clear out.
next bloods will be exactly 6 weeks from these past labs. I've been completely upfront and clean with him... well, except I told him I was running NPP, instead of Tren[I didn't want to come off as too reckless].

also how should I be managing this estrogen, or should it mostly be gone by now. These labs were 3 weeks ago. I've been tapering down the anastrozole from 1mg ed to .25 ed. Soon I'll start eod and then e3d

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
DF nailed it. You don't need to manage estrogen because it is not an accurate reading. How could you have the highest estrogen number he's ever seen and not display symptoms if not?

So, you're most likely injecting tren based on the sides and false estrogen results. Which begs the question: why aren't powerful hormones providing you results?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Agree with above, it's most likely the tren giving a false high estrogen. So if the that is indeed what's going on, then agree again with the above, WTF are you doing with those doses that you're not making more progress? That leaves training and diet. The estrogen will get sorted out once you're off the tren for a while. That leaves sorting out training and diet. What's your age, height, weight, diet, and training?

El Gringo

Reaction score
Well I should add that my T3 was a little low. HDL came back low and BUN/AST/ALT was high. All sides you'd get from tren. But I had the symptoms of high estrogen after dropping the tren; bloating, low libido, and started breaking out in acne. I probably had an estrogen rebound after dropping the tren.

5'11"
190 lbs 10-12 %bf
27 yrs
Diet:everything I eat is from what I cook. I don't eat out or eat processed foods. My unhealthiest food I eat is plain greek yogurt flavored with vanilla protein and Stevia and granola. And at times I do eat a lot of it. Since I wasn't making gains, for a few weeks I was eating a whole tub to 1 1/2 tubs a day and a whole box of granola a day. That's about 2000-25000 ckal a day just in snacks. And always I cook 5 lbs of chicken breast and 5 lbs of pork loin e5d. On top of that once a week I have 8oz of fish and 8oz of red meat. I eat tons of veggies and sweet potatoes.

No I don't count calories. Before you all flame me for that, I used to when I worked a desk job. Every single peanut i counted and was married to myyfitnesspal. I knew I took exactly 2350 calories to maintain a 180lb physique. I work a physical now so its impossible to track my tdee and I don't have time for logging every little thing I eat because I eat a ton now. I'd say 3500-4000 kcal a day. I'm known amongst everybody as the guy to pass their plate to if they don't finish their meal.

Training:
I've done lots of different splits/techniques
Usually 3-4 exercises a body part per week @3 sets x 6-15 rep range. Ill also go through strength periods of 3-5 reps on squats and bench press 2x week each.

I pretty much train and eat the same when on Or off a blast and I'm not gaining much when on or losing when off. So what does that tell you?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You asked not to be flamed because you know you should be tracking your calories.

Track your calories.

You think you are eating enough but you obviously are not. I can bulk on 4,000 calories and I weigh 60 pounds more than you.

You also need to factor in your new level of daily physical activity. If you're burning 2K calories a day then 4K isn't enough. Savvy?

Finally, you're going to have difficultly packing on mass while maintaining 10% bf. That's another obvious marker that you're eating too little.

El Gringo

Reaction score
You asked not to be flamed because you know you should be tracking your calories.

Track your calories.

You think you are eating enough but you obviously are not. I can bulk on 4,000 calories and I weigh 60 pounds more than you.

You also need to factor in your new level of daily physical activity. If you're burning 2K calories a day then 4K isn't enough. Savvy?

Finally, you're going to have difficultly packing on mass while maintaining 10% bf. That's another obvious marker that you're eating too little.
What are trying to say? I was eating at least 4,000 cals when bulking, which is was you said you eat and weigh 60lbs more. I eat 3,500-4000 cals just to maintain. I'm on the move all day long. i can't bring a scale around everywhere I go with me and keep loging into myfitness pal. I wouldn't get any work done. even if I did track how many calories I was eating, I couldn't track how many I am burning throughout the day with the work I do. I pack all my food in containers and carry them in a cooler with me. most the time I stop 1-2 times at the grocery store throughout the day to load up on more food. I felt a little soft and bloated so I cut down a bit on the yogurt and granola. And if I wasn't eating enough id at least be getting pretty ****ing shredded with the doses of gear I was running. believe me I've been able to figure out how much food my body needs.

anyways I'm questioning my gear. in the past real dbol put 20lbs on me and big strength gains in 4-5 weeks. after a week of discontinuing you lose 10-15 of the lbs and the rest is muscle. and I had no sense of nutrition then, I lived off of Mac n cheese and cytogainer. I slowly gained 5lbs in the 8 weeks of this cycle. and I noticed no drastic changes from the 5 weeks of dbol

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear what I am saying: you don't eat enough.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
:rolleyes: so 4,000 is a bulk for you but a cut for me and you're 60lbs heavier... forget it

I'd love to help you. But you don't want to be helped.

Good luck

Last edited:

El Gringo

Reaction score
I'd love to help you. But with your attitude I'm happy to have you stay confused and scrawny. Good luck mook.
wait, who's the one with the attitude? I think you got me and you confused

New Threads