Keto: the bitch maker

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
For all those considering the keto diet....

Unless you dont care about the gains you have worked so hard to get over the last few years, dont do keto. Im shinking into being a little betch, and fast. I dont like it. Its really messing with my mind... But damnit, it works. The fat is already melting off my body and its only been a week...

I know I will fill back out and adjust as my body adjusts to using ketones for fuel instead of glycogen, but I have a feeling the next couple weeks will suck psychologically.

One thing I will say for sure is a positive part of my experience: parm crisps. fukking delicious. best thing ever.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Glycogen depletion. Non-issue beyond the psychological unless protein intake is idiotic. You should hear to the pussies on DNP (major glycogen depletion) complaining about being flat, etc - kind of funny considering the circumstances.

Keep calm & trust the process. Or, alternatively, do a normal cut if it's that much of a mind ****. Whatever works for you long term.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Glycogen depletion. Non-issue beyond the psychological unless protein intake is idiotic. You should hear to the pussies on DNP (major glycogen depletion) complaining about being flat, etc - kind of funny considering the circumstances.

Keep calm & trust the process. Or, alternatively, do a normal cut if it's that much of a mind ****. Whatever works for you long term.

Thanks Zilla. Ive read the data and trust it- that is why I am actually following through with this... But your words give me some peace and encouragement, so thanks.

I am sticking with full keto for the next prob 8 weeks and then working towards a modified keto with carb-cycling.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keto diet, no way. Keto meal, yes. One keto meal (lunch #2 is best for me). I've been taking a bedtime shake consisting of eggs whites, casein, fish oils and 1/2 a avocado. its all about finding what works for you.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Keto diet, no way. Keto meal, yes. One keto meal (lunch #2 is best for me). I've been taking a bedtime shake consisting of eggs whites, casein, fish oils and 1/2 a avocado. its all about finding what works for you.

I will post up a link tomorrow about a more advanced/modified keto diet that is geared towards serious athletes/bodybuilders that I hope to be my ultimate goal for my own diet.

Theres some cool data out there that might be helpful for a lot of us (depending on our goals).

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lyle McDonald has some really good reading material in regards to keto and athletics that you may want to look into.

Each of us is different, but it took me between 2-3 months before I finally lost that feeling of “haze”. Once I did, though, I felt great. The appetite suppression is amazing and I attribute much of its effectiveness to being able to live comfortably while eating fewer calories.

Keep us updated. I am interested hear how it goes for you.

Oh.....you probably know this but calories in calories out still applies. Just cause it’s bacon doesn’t mean it’s unlimited

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have considered running keto after this bulk to cut drastically, thanks for posting.

Can I still eat Panda Express???????????

andy

Elite
Reaction score
going through the prep I always feel small. with no muscles and basically it's not the best place to be for a normal human being. But that's how diet works. so suck it in and trust the process.
tried paleo, keto - both work excellent if done correctly! for my last prep (4 month long prep) i done 2month keto them switched to paleo for last two month. in result - best shape as far. so keep going

Oblivious

Reaction score
What Zilla said. If I'm on full keto and I eat carb heavy for a day I gain nearly 8 pounds. Overnight.
doesnt that rest ketosis ? like do you do it weekly?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Lyle McDonald has some really good reading material in regards to keto and athletics that you may want to look into.

Each of us is different, but it took me between 2-3 months before I finally lost that feeling of “haze”. Once I did, though, I felt great. The appetite suppression is amazing and I attribute much of its effectiveness to being able to live comfortably while eating fewer calories.

Keep us updated. I am interested hear how it goes for you.

Oh.....you probably know this but calories in calories out still applies. Just cause it’s bacon doesn’t mean it’s unlimited

Thanks for posting DK... Ive read some of Lyle's stuff, but thank you for the reminder to look it up again. Ive done this before back in my mid 20s and felt amazing after a certain point... I dont remember how long it took, but I remember how healthy I felt and how jacked I got. Haha

One of the things I feel is beneficial is that (for me at least), eating all those calories in fat is hard to do... I have been trying to do around 3000 calories and its been tough to reach that mark.... So I see how people associate keto with weightloss, but you are right, bottom line is calories in vs calories out. But keto is pretty cool in how it specifically targets body fat for fuel.

One thing I have found helpful for energy levels as I adjust to the change is significantly increasing my sodium intake. And not just plain ol salt, but pink Himalayan salt for its rich mineral and iodine content (powerful tyroid stimulant).

I have considered running keto after this bulk to cut drastically, thanks for posting.

Can I still eat Panda Express???????????

You should try it dude. I plan to shred from this and make my peace with feeling small for a time, so that I can build it all back even better than it was before. Plus there are HUGE health benefits of doing keto, including its strong cancer fighting abilities...

But to answer your question: No, highly unlikely. Haha

going through the prep I always feel small. with no muscles and basically it's not the best place to be for a normal human being. But that's how diet works. so suck it in and trust the process.
tried paleo, keto - both work excellent if done correctly! for my last prep (4 month long prep) i done 2month keto them switched to paleo for last two month. in result - best shape as far. so keep going

Thanks for the encouragement and for sharing your experience with us as I think we can all comfortably say we find it valuable.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice man, I may hit you up for some pointers on this one when I begin the cut.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Ive been tempted to go Keto, but ive been doing so good with the eating clean and watching the calories, i dont want to change up right now.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Any of you running keto get sick the first bit you were on it? I tried it a while back and i ended up dizzy and crap all of a sudden one day. Figured it was the diet and pounded some carbs and it all went away not long after.

Tried it again and it was like someone was draining the energy right out of me, i wasnt back in the gym at that time but i dont know how i would have managed a workout even if i had been.

So now im eating a clean diet, in deficit, and keeping my carb intake on the low side and also only eating any either before or after my workouts, on the weekends i drop it even lower or none at all if i can manage. Been trying my best to go for a "no workout, no carb" type thing.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Any of you running keto get sick the first bit you were on it? I tried it a while back and i ended up dizzy and crap all of a sudden one day. Figured it was the diet and pounded some carbs and it all went away not long after.

Tried it again and it was like someone was draining the energy right out of me, i wasnt back in the gym at that time but i dont know how i would have managed a workout even if i had been.

So now im eating a clean diet, in deficit, and keeping my carb intake on the low side and also only eating any either before or after my workouts, on the weekends i drop it even lower or none at all if i can manage. Been trying my best to go for a "no workout, no carb" type thing.

Yes. Same experience. Getting into ketosis can be pretty unpleasant, especially the first time you achieve it.

After the initially "learning curve" my body is able to get into ketosis without feeling like shit.

There is a huge difference between eating 100g of carbs a day and 20g. Especially if you are eating <20/day for consecutive days.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Keto+OMAD is where its at for me and my body type. I gain both fat and muscle pretty easy. Which leaves my body always wanting to rest around 20% BF. As soon as I start keto and OMAD I drop down BF super fast.

New Threads