Ok, i need some good snack ideas!

Reaction score
Healthy for in between meals during the day. I know shakes are good but gets expensive buying powder all the time!

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1. Instant diet pudding mix - and add in a scoop or two of protein powder. Top with whipped cream from a can and a few chocolate morsels.

2. Diet Jello - either powdered or premade (not as good the option 1 because there is no protein).

3. Pie - Add instant diet pudding mix and protein powder and then pour into a pie shell. I love pie. Pie is american - pie is good. Top with whipped cream. Cut into four slices for a high protein pie that the wife will be happy the kids ate.

4. Almonds - Keep a bag of raw almonds on hand. When you feel peckish, have a dozen or so. Extremely good for you with lots of essential nutrients. Walnuts are good for you too - and good for the brain!

5. Yogurts - Keep some chobani's or other high protein yogurts in the fridge at all times. Also at work too!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Beef jerky. My fiancé makes it. It's so hard to eat it tires my jaw and then I don't wanna eat anymore lol...

Otherwise almonds are always great.

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have some Prunes and Natural Peanut Butter at my desk, If I have a Im starving craving I take a small spoon-full of Peanut Butter, if i have a little sweet tooth I snag a prune. Plain Greek Yogurt is legit, I mix mine with some fresh blueberries. Almonds are always good.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the greek yogurt for snacks, but I try not to as much as possible. I will usually slam some almonds and chicken if I'm getting hungry.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
greek yogurt W/almonds + raisins + 5 peanut M&M's. dam good.

other times i get eggs, egg whites, jasmin rice. cook both seperate. 3 eggs, half bottle liquid eggs whites. than 2 cups of rice. cook whenever. store it tupperware, heat with wet napkin over rice, than heat together. add a dash of soy + a dash of sweet/sour. perfect snack, you can cook in bulk per say and heat and eat whenever.

really any snack should be replaced by a meal. spongy can comment more prolly.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Upvote for almonds (they are delish with candy corn...just sayin'.... :) )

djkneegrow

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Almonds and other nuts, not so much peanuts.
Fruit like apples and all kinds of berries.
Natural peanut butter on whole wheat bread or low carb pitas.
Home made popcorn, not microwave, with olive oil drizzled and spices.
Hard boiled eggs.
Plain Greek yogurt with self added fruit or even protein.
Peanut butter balls made with protein powder and natural molasses and flax seeds.

New Threads