11-11-11

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would just like to wish all you brothers and sisters who served, and all of you who have a love one who served and those of you who wanted to but who were unable a very happy Veteran's Day.

In a day and time when the term 'Hero' is thrown about like 'Mr.' was when I was a kid, I want you to all know that every single one of you can truly be a 'Hero'. Hell, many of you are.

This is what you can do- adopt a pet from a kill shelter, spend a day at a homeless shelter working and talking to people, serve food in a soup kitchen line, donate coats, jackets and other clothes- blankets especially to a homeless shelter, thank a Vet for his service, ask pops about his service today, go to a battered womens shelter and donate a bag of groceries, pay for the meal of the person behind you in line and tell them a Vet paid for it...

Whatever you do, I ask only this: Please do NOT lose faith in America. Despite our shortcomings we are a country of compassionate people with a soft heart and a tough, tenacious spirit. Serve others and prepare yourself to help those who cannot help themselves. By being prepared to help others you will always be in a position to take care of yourself.

Oh, and one last thing... that pet you adopt- Name 'em Sarge.

God Bless You, and God Bless America,
A Vet

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Much respect for all of our vets! Thank you all for representing our country well and for keeping us safe.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh & also shouldn't the date be 11-11-12?

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hats off to you guys and gals.....much respect!

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all the vets.. without you guys this country would be nothing

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've worked the line making Thanksgiving plates to be delivered to shelters. Dog is a rescue and served as Management for Toy Collection and distribution. It's all fulfilling.

This year we are signed up for two Toy Runs.

If you cannot share a little......shoot yourself in the face.

The best for last: I thank all Vets past, present and future for my freedom and every American's Freedom.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I went on a run with a MC Club the Vietnam Vet's in the 90's and saw them all cry at the memorial site, touched me hard to see a Biker Club that is 50% Outlaw 50% non cry even the Outlaw ones teared up good. It was at a wall of names they knew and names they served with. When we were to leave the turn from them wall wiping tears from their eyes looking at me saying sorry for this I had no fucking words at all I had nothing!

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die." -G.K. Chesterton

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I went on a run with a MC Club the Vietnam Vet's in the 90's and saw them all cry at the memorial site, touched me hard to see a Biker Club that is 50% Outlaw 50% non cry even the Outlaw ones teared up good. It was at a wall of names they knew and names they served with. When we were to leave the turn from them wall wiping tears from their eyes looking at me saying sorry for this I had no fucking words at all I had nothing!

The first time I saw the wall I couldn't talk and fell to my knees. I walked up to the wall and the first name I saw was my uncle. As I looked at the shear number of names, and thought about each one being a father to some kid, a husband, a brother, a son, an uncle, I was totally overcome. I cried like a baby. I honest to God think I had a nervous breakdown of sorts because of the uncontrollable release of pent up emotions.

I have never shared this before... and I am crying now.

Thanks you SFG for sharing that. You just made my veteran's day.

Respect,
a Vet

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
first time i saw the wall i was about 7 or 8, only time i ever saw my dad cry.

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would just like to wish all you brothers and sisters who served, and all of you who have a love one who served and those of you who wanted to but who were unable a very happy Veteran's Day.

In a day and time when the term 'Hero' is thrown about like 'Mr.' was when I was a kid, I want you to all know that every single one of you can truly be a 'Hero'. Hell, many of you are.

This is what you can do- adopt a pet from a kill shelter, spend a day at a homeless shelter working and talking to people, serve food in a soup kitchen line, donate coats, jackets and other clothes- blankets especially to a homeless shelter, thank a Vet for his service, ask pops about his service today, go to a battered womens shelter and donate a bag of groceries, pay for the meal of the person behind you in line and tell them a Vet paid for it...

Whatever you do, I ask only this: Please do NOT lose faith in America. Despite our shortcomings we are a country of compassionate people with a soft heart and a tough, tenacious spirit. Serve others and prepare yourself to help those who cannot help themselves. By being prepared to help others you will always be in a position to take care of yourself.

Oh, and one last thing... that pet you adopt- Name 'em Sarge.

God Bless You, and God Bless America,
A Vet

Amen brother.. Well said. Being where I live I see young guys/gals coming back home with missing limbs / disfigured faces etc. It really brings a tear to my eye when I see this. Anybody that has served our country I would like to say THANK YOU for everything you have done for this great country we live in.. God bless you and this Great Nation..

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank u everyone.. U all made me shiver a little. Thank u all for not forgetting the vets, not forgetting our country or our brotherhood.. The day is still young but so far no ones said much about today to me or acknowledged this holiday. Not even my parents and I'm like there pride lol
I fucking love u guys
A true family a true brotherhood

United States marine
2002-2006.
Fought in OPeration iriqi freedom for two tours

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh and forgot to add. No joke, I'm wearing my first ever dog tag I ever received Just my name rank and SSN. Old school

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There the reason why the United States of America is the greatest country in the world.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i get all choked up today, people saying thanks and such, it was my honor to serve and i don't regret what it cost me, glad it was not all.
all gave some, some gave all

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served and currently serving. God Bless!

USAF
2008-present
Operation Enduring Freedom 2010

New Threads