Stupid People

Gabriel

Reaction score
I've had 2 days of stupid A-hole people..Yeah it's about the Beast again.."our store policy"..Yeah,well it's Federal Law and American Disability Act..and they continue to argue..some kid that doesn't even know anything about service dogs is giving me crap..and the cherry on top,he looked like a guy..he tells me I prefer to be called female..well don't want to offend him,her,it..I told him/her..I don't give a s*** at this point..and it ran off...

white ape

Elite
Reaction score
Damn man. And the dog wears a service dog vest?

Gabriel

Reaction score
No.. he's always hot..but even after I tell them that they still demand a leash..If they would read the rules

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Can you get a card that says it or carry a copy of some sort registration? I dont think anyone would argue with a professional looking dog permit or document.

Gabriel

Reaction score
NC..Asheville area..
Yeah I have a card..he is registered..they don't read the rules but want to think store policies overrule Federal Laws

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
NC..Asheville area..
Yeah I have a card..he is registered..they don't read the rules but want to think store policies overrule Federal Laws
If you have friends in LE or firestation maybe have them record themselves or have a stationery say "this *blank* department, mr. *blank* is permitted to have a service dog for *whatever reason*"

I think having a person in position of authority would help your case. Or could go to your local station, theyd be glad to help

Gabriel

Reaction score
You're not understanding,they are idiots..the Law is in black and white and they still argue..Im dealing with people with 80 IQ's..even after explaining,showing them the written Law they don't get it...how do you work with that..??
Guess I'm going to have to burn Target to the ground in court..even after a real manager told the dumbass it's permitted he still had to say something smart..WTF..
Going to start cashing checks and Snapping Necks..bet if I knock out some teeth the next guy might watch out.. I'm tired of these dicks wasting my time..and I don't like them picking on the Beast..

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
But it's very common for me to see little yip-yip dogs in the supermarket. Nobody says a word.

Gabriel

Reaction score
That's half of my problem.. BS service dogs..the ADA needs to put their foot down and stop the mail order certifications..

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Yeah stupid is as stupid does.

If your dog cant wear a jacket maybe just tag him with a rattle can. :32 (20):

Gabriel

Reaction score
Believe me I have spent hrs trying to come to something that would help..but I'm not going to put anything on him for someone else..he is here to help and protect me...other people don't fit into the equation..

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I was only kidding, Ive got a lil friend myself that is always adventuring with me. Stuff just wouldnt be the same without her.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I hear this a lot and I understand what the law is....BUT

Why not just put a tag, vest or show the damn card when anyone questions it.

On the flip side, there are more non service animals with owners claiming to be legal service animals just to have their pet be able to get into certain places where animals outside of service animals are not allowed that legit service animals are.

I'll be honest, service animal or not, if someone brings a dog in a restaurant that I am eating, I am leaving. I don't eat with animals. My dogs, don't come to my table and neither will any other. Been there, done that. My choice but no need to make a scene. The law is the law and I respect that.

Outside of that, I don't really have an issue nor would I care where someone brings a service animal.

From my experience, there is a clear difference in the behavior of a trained service animal and someone's mutt that the owner claims is a service animal. Should be able to recognize it in seconds.

I will end with this.

I am a huge gun advocate but I am not carrying my AR on my shoulder just because I can. I conceal my weapon when I carry which is everyday and always have my permit in my wallet if I need to present it. Yes, I get that I don't need a gun and you need a service animal.

My point is this. Legal, law or not, maybe put the vest on it or attach a tag to its collar to save you and some asshat the conversation? Saves a need to get worked up over something that can be prevented.

Just my point of view. Good luck man.

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
I hear this a lot and I understand what the law is....BUT

Why not just put a tag, vest or show the damn card when anyone questions it.

On the flip side, there are more non service animals with owners claiming to be legal service animals just to have their pet be able to get into certain places where animals outside of service animals are not allowed that legit service animals are.

I'll be honest, service animal or not, if someone brings a dog in a restaurant that I am eating, I am leaving. I don't eat with animals. My dogs, don't come to my table and neither will any other. Been there, done that. My choice but no need to make a scene. The law is the law and I respect that.

Outside of that, I don't really have an issue nor would I care where someone brings a service animal.

From my experience, there is a clear difference in the behavior of a trained service animal and someone's mutt that the owner claims is a service animal. Should be able to recognize it in seconds.

I will end with this.

I am a huge gun advocate but I am not carrying my AR on my shoulder just because I can. I conceal my weapon when I carry which is everyday and always have my permit in my wallet if I need to present it. Yes, I get that I don't need a gun and you need a service animal.

My point is this. Legal, law or not, maybe put the vest on it or attach a tag to its collar to save you and some asshat the conversation? Saves a need to get worked up over something that can be prevented.

Just my point of view. Good luck man.

You’re always very profound; a quality that can be a blessing and a curse. I can understand why. I too don’t waste my time with stupid situations. I see them coming from 50-feet away...

Gabriel

Reaction score
No the problem is even after I tell them,show them his certs they still argue..

DOOM

Reaction score
Lmao, Male Karen’s have infiltrated ugbb! :32 (20):

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
You have mentioned this several times, either learn to expect and ignore these people or read bsp's post.

New Threads